This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

too bad this game won't have sprites.

#31egglinkPosted 5/4/2013 3:56:32 AM
The games never had Sprite. As far as I know, it had Fresh Water, Soda Pop, and Lemonade. But, never Sprite. Sprite isn't even that good of a drink. Dr. Pepper, on the other hand, is great. They should put that in Pokemon games.
---
Needs more Ice type, and Dragons are the devil.
#32CreepyAndNicePosted 5/4/2013 4:07:15 AM
egglink posted...
The games never had Sprite. As far as I know, it had Fresh Water, Soda Pop, and Lemonade. But, never Sprite. Sprite isn't even that good of a drink. Dr. Pepper, on the other hand, is great. They should put that in Pokemon games.

Shut the **** up, Sprite is only second to Fanta. Dr. Pepper is disgusting.
---
Ouch! Unnecessary roughness!
Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic and the Black Knight
#33TheMasterTurtlePosted 5/4/2013 4:17:03 AM
I generally like good sprites more then good 3D. So here I'd prefer sprites. Some things require 3D and it can look real nice but I just like sprites better in this case. I don't mind, though.
---
OFFICIAL WARTORTLE OF THE B/W BOARDS
#34Arne83Posted 5/4/2013 4:20:01 AM
CreepyAndNice posted...
egglink posted...

... You are the worst kind of people.
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
#35Hierarchy225Posted 5/4/2013 4:26:16 AM
Good riddance!

Nah I don't really mean that sprites were nice, but I really like the 3D models so I don't care.
#36embrandedonePosted 5/4/2013 4:41:42 AM
Socran posted...
darkdragongirl posted...
The spirit of Pokemon, forever tarnished. R.I.P. Pokemon.

scrappybristol posted...
Sprites are relics of the past and we must embrace the future.

Congratulations. You've both managed to be equally wrong despite having polar opposite arguments.

There's still a place for sprites in gaming, and creative new avenues to be explored with them if you play to their strengths, as evidenced in this video (note that emulator issues cause transparent objects to flicker instead, that's not the game's fault): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za_zo7ksvD8

However, the 3D animations in this game are very appropriate for the "spirit of Pokemon". The particular brand of cell shading used feels just about as clean and natural as sprites do, which has always been the biggest disadvantage 3D animation has had over sprites. I'm glad that they waited until they got it right before taking the game in that direction, but I do feel that they got it right.

+1
---
"Nostalgia Goggles is just an excuse the FPS generation uses to defend their crappy games...like FF13 or RE6"
#37Sid_StarkillerPosted 5/4/2013 5:45:36 AM
TIGERJACKS0N- posted...
unlike sprites where they need to redraw them for entire frames

http://spriters-resource.com/ds/pkmnbnw2/sheet/48090
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1292-6017-5477 (Sid)
Statement: Just a simple droid here, ma'am. Nothing to see. Move along.
#38ThatPersonGuyPosted 5/4/2013 6:17:28 AM
CreepyAndNice posted...
egglink posted...

Meh, Fanta isn't too hot anymore. Dr. Pepper was my #1... until BK installed Coke Freestyle in their restaurants. Now Cherry Vanilla Coke is my top soda, followed by Sprite and Dr. Pepper.
---
"You don't have an inferiority complex, you're just inferior."
-Sarcastic Announcer in Wave Race
#39Samp98518Posted 5/4/2013 6:26:17 AM
It's a shame, but this is the future. Games are going to be 3D, and if the sprites can match the quality seen in the GC games (which have many sprites from Stadium 2), then I will be fine with it.
---
Excuse me, sir? Can you sign my bus schedule?
#40ThatKippPosted 5/4/2013 6:27:35 AM(edited)
The spirit of Pokemon: http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/2/23/Spr_1b_042.png

Good riddance.
---
Official Nate of the Pokemon X board with my pet Medicham and Victreebel
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725