This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fix an Ability for Gen VI

#31paiprPosted 5/6/2013 7:22:51 AM
insomnia/vital spirit; should allow the use of rest to recover but imminently wake up the pokemon.

defeatest, only you physical attack drops by half at 50%

truant; in addition to its normal effect it has a 10% chance of causing the opponent to loose motivation to battle (causes the opponents ability to become truant)

flash fire; immune to fire attacks and special stat sharply increases when hit by fire move

and just to help out the starters depressing abilities.
blaze; powers up fire moves when hp is below 50% (and activated when hit by grass attack, also takes no damage from grass attacks)
torrent; powers up water moves when hp is below 50% (and activated when hit by fire attack, also takes no damage from fire attacks)
overgrow; powers up grass moves when hp is below 50% (and activated when hit by water attack, also takes no damage from water attacks)
---
am i the only person that whishes game faqs offered the option to cut peoples comments from you topics?
#32supremeblasterPosted 5/6/2013 7:23:23 AM
Hierarchy225 posted...
bwburke94 posted...

Magic Guard: Life Orb has no effect.

Wait are you saying Life Orb doesn't hurt the Pokemon with Magic Guard? Or that Life Orb does hurt the Pokemon with Magic Guard? Because Magic Guard already makes a pokemon immune to Life Orb recoil.

I think he means the additional x.5 damage received from opponent is nullified.
#33Great_ReapettePosted 5/6/2013 7:25:34 AM
supremeblaster posted...
Hierarchy225 posted...
bwburke94 posted...

Wait are you saying Life Orb doesn't hurt the Pokemon with Magic Guard? Or that Life Orb does hurt the Pokemon with Magic Guard? Because Magic Guard already makes a pokemon immune to Life Orb recoil.

o_O That was a thing?
---
Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you, staring into your soul, using its duckiness.
QUACK.
#34supremeblasterPosted 5/6/2013 7:27:25 AM
paipr posted...
insomnia/vital spirit; should allow the use of rest to recover but imminently wake up the pokemon.

truant; in addition to its normal effect it has a 10% chance of causing the opponent to loose motivation to battle (causes the opponents ability to become truant)

flash fire; immune to fire attacks and special stat sharply increases when hit by fire move

blaze; powers up fire moves when hp is below 50% (and activated when hit by grass attack, also takes no damage from grass attacks)
torrent; powers up water moves when hp is below 50% (and activated when hit by fire attack, also takes no damage from fire attacks)
overgrow; powers up grass moves when hp is below 50% (and activated when hit by water attack, also takes no damage from water attacks)

That would be fine, but the only Poke with it is Archeops, who's main draw is massive physical damage.
#35supremeblasterPosted 5/6/2013 7:30:11 AM
Great_Reapette posted...
supremeblaster posted...
Hierarchy225 posted...
bwburke94 posted...

o_O That was a thing?

Sorry, it was an additional x.3 ,but anyway he's saying the extra damage won't occur from it.
#36Gsus_94Posted 5/6/2013 8:41:55 AM
wind64a posted...
teffy posted...
Klutz - No effect from held items FOR BOTH SIDES.

And you just eliminated the entire point of a Klutz set. The idea is to have your Pokémon hold a disabling item and Trick/Switcharoo it onto the opponent.

For Truant, I'd say allow the move "Slack Off" to be used during the "Loafing Around" turn. This only works for the move "Slack Off".

It would make sense at least.

Also I'm glad that iKhanic isn't in charge of abilities since Contrary hasn't been given to any Pokémon with diverse enough move pools to require it to be nerfed.

I'm not sure how I feel about Truant working like this... attack one turn then heal the next? I guess that can be countered with encore or disable or can be worked around...
---
Black FC: 4470 3989 3640
White 2 FC: 1979 7990 6311 (Use this one unless specified)
#37paiprPosted 5/6/2013 8:45:54 AM
supremeblaster posted...
paipr posted...

That would be fine, but the only Poke with it is Archeops, who's main draw is massive physical damage.

kinda why i put it there. archeops gets nerfed so bad by its ability and its low defense, this would at least give him a chance
---
am i the only person that whishes game faqs offered the option to cut peoples comments from you topics?
#38KillerMechanoidPosted 5/9/2013 2:31:26 PM
Solar power: Pokemon gains health instead of losing it in the sun. Special attack boost still applies.