This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ice Types need a buff

#21MasajubPosted 5/4/2013 12:28:54 PM
I think Ice staying a "glass cannon" type makes sense somewhat, I guess cause Ice can kind of look like glass. You don't, however, want a situation where its so bad defensively that any Pokemon with the typing becomes a liability which is what's happening right now. I would say keep the weaknesses but add a few resistances and it should be usable enough.

Interestingly enough Rock is the greatest glass cannon type in Pokemon which is ridiculous because its... Rock.

You don't want to make Steel any worse offensively then it is because then you will have a situation where it is completely and utterly useless having Steel moves in the game (which is almost the case already). I think it should stay a predominately defensive type but just nerf it a little. Get rid of the Psychic resistance for example, it doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
#22bobstevens23123Posted 5/4/2013 12:36:40 PM
ColtCababa posted...
If ice freezes water, shouldn't Ice be supereffective against Water?

a combo of pressure and temp freeze water, not ice
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960188-call-of-duty-black-ops/59821100
#23yzmanPosted 5/4/2013 1:58:33 PM
ColtCababa posted...
If ice freezes water, shouldn't Ice be supereffective against Water?

a combo of pressure and temp freeze water, not ice

Ice supplies the temperature needed. I would not be opposed to ice resisting water, though I am not sure if it should be SE against it. Making ice SE against another type won't help the typing, just the moves ( which people love to carry already anyways).

Ice needs to resist a few other types, water and ground sound good. A boost from hail would be nice as well.
---
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."
#24Thepenguinking2Posted 5/4/2013 2:00:07 PM
have them resist dragon, flying and grass.
---
Deviantart: http://espio143.deviantart.com/
The Official Shiny Zangoose of the X/y Board!