This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Grass as an offensive type?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Grass as an offensive type?

User Info: NeoSioType

NeoSioType
3 years ago#1
Do you feel like the presence of electric and water moves undermines the usefulness of grass?

User Info: Sammuthegreat

Sammuthegreat
3 years ago#2
Grass is the only type I struggle with in-game.

User Info: CakeOfLies

CakeOfLies
3 years ago#3
Not at all.
Grass is good if you know what you're doing.
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 4342-3001-3593.

User Info: Fratellolupo

Fratellolupo
3 years ago#4
So many weaknesses but if you're looking for a pokemon to troll people with chances are it's grass type.
They have so many moves like leech seed, toxic, sleep / para powder/ spore. not to mention they're really fast.
White 2 FC: 0648 3913 3611

User Info: Anclation

Anclation
3 years ago#5
It's actually very useful in the Uber tier, hitting all the three most popular Weather Pokemon (Kyogre, Groudon and Tyranitar) for super effective damage.

User Info: Hodou

Hodou
3 years ago#6
Sure. Grass is alright. There aren't a whole lot of Pokemon that use it effectively but there's nothing wrong with it. Weak vs. Steel and Flying is unfortunate, but great against Water and Ground is very nice.

User Info: yzman

yzman
3 years ago#7
Do you feel like the presence of electric and water moves undermines the usefulness of grass?

Can you explain how the use of those move types undermines grass type? I can't figure out the logic...
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."

User Info: MagikarpRules

MagikarpRules
3 years ago#8
Grass isn't that bad as an offensive type. Fire types that learn Energy Ball or Grass Knot get good coverage for the 3 types that hit Fire for Super-effective damage, for example.

It's defensively that Grass is a terrible type.

User Info: MrFingers07

MrFingers07
3 years ago#9
Grass defensively >>>>>>> Grass offensively.
:D Brawlin' Mains: R.O.B., Lucario, Pikachu, Wolf

User Info: NeoSioType

NeoSioType
3 years ago#10
yzman posted...
Can you explain how the use of those move types undermines grass type? I can't figure out the logic...

I've been playing link battles on leafgreen and I found that I prefer to use Surf and Thunderbolt for rock, ground and water types rather than have a grass stab. Grass didn't really have a comparable move in those games. Before the later games were released the type's forte was really indirect damage.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Grass as an offensive type?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived