This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Grass as an offensive type?

#11RMR_SS_BBSPosted 5/4/2013 3:06:53 PM
I'm one of the few players, probably, who mains grass types.

If your playstyle is focused on sheer offensive output, they're not so great. But if you're into tormenting your opponents, forcing their Pokemon to wither away while any damage they cause gets repeatedly undone, then there really is nothing better. :P
#12DarkDragon386Posted 5/4/2013 4:21:42 PM(edited)
NeoSioType posted...
yzman posted...
Can you explain how the use of those move types undermines grass type? I can't figure out the logic...

I've been playing link battles on leafgreen and I found that I prefer to use Surf and Thunderbolt for rock, ground and water types rather than have a grass stab. Grass didn't really have a comparable move in those games. Before the later games were released the type's forte was really indirect damage.

Yes, but the fact that you prefer those moves makes grass even more useful, able to switch in effectively on them. Not to mention hits Gastrodon hard when water and electric cant. And is nice against Rotom W
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#13pokemonfreak97Posted 5/4/2013 4:23:59 PM
RMR_SS_BBS posted...
I'm one of the few players, probably, who mains grass types.

If your playstyle is focused on sheer offensive output, they're not so great. But if you're into tormenting your opponents, forcing their Pokemon to wither away while any damage they cause gets repeatedly undone, then there really is nothing better. :P

This best sums up the use of Grass-type moves. Spore, Stun Spore, Leech Seed, and of course anything can learn Toxic (which isn't Grass-type but supports that playstyle), Synthesis, Aromatherapy...
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#14fleetfoxsPosted 5/4/2013 4:35:18 PM
it's a niche type. defensively it's decent, offensively it's mediocre.
---
Hardcore.
#15DestinyKnotPosted 5/4/2013 4:37:57 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#16Marcx629Posted 5/4/2013 4:56:57 PM(edited)
I haven't seen too many people use grass types offensively. Most of the people I battle tend to use the wall/stall grass types.

Personally, outside of Sceptile, I don't use grass types too much. I usually just put grass moves on other Pokemon. Even then, it's only like energy ball.
---
In case of a Zombie Apocalypse, follow me!
Add my 3DS FC: 2535-4356-9059 Name:Marcx