This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It feels like no one threw a hissy fit over the loss of the slot machines.

#21MagikarpRulesPosted 5/5/2013 2:41:18 PM
I always went ahead and bought coins directly anyway.

What they did with Game Corner before, they have done with Battle Subway and PWT this time. I resent not being able to buy BP's directly. I don't really want to take part on the haxfest that said places are.
#22Rad_DudesmanPosted 5/5/2013 2:41:26 PM
It is strange that they took that out when they created voltorb flip

You can't lose coins in Voltorb Flip, so the option to buy them wasn't necessary.

I guess they didn't know that the reason people bought coins was so they wouldn't have to waste time on the slots.
#23Luigi playerPosted 5/5/2013 2:43:11 PM
huh, who even plays on the machines lol. they're rigged I tell ya! I always made loss out of them. Well, sometimes there were bigger wins like 100 coins or something, and that is never worth it ... buying coins is so endless much faster. The machines are useless.

Now if they added new games where you can actually win reasonably fast/much... maybe that could change. Would be better imo.
---
I'm a the Luigi master!
www.freewebs.com/luigi_player/
#24RunebogglePosted 5/5/2013 2:46:40 PM
Gambling as a whole is BS and should be removed from this world

You take that back.
---
Si || http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFKcpbfAXMw
#25Great_ReapettePosted 5/5/2013 2:47:19 PM
Runeboggle posted...
Gambling as a whole is BS and should be removed from this world

You take that back.

Wanna make a wager that there will be no taking back of the comment?
---
Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you, staring into your soul, using its duckiness.
QUACK.
#26pokemonfreak97Posted 5/5/2013 2:50:25 PM
My only problem with Voltorb Flip is that they removed the ability to buy coins, so to get a Porygon you HAD to play it.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#27Brandon042487Posted 5/5/2013 3:01:46 PM
VegantoKeens posted...
Voltorb flip was easy, but it took so damn long to get enough TM money even if all went pretty well. Gambling as a whole is BS and should be removed from this world, so I really don't need to see it have any importance in Pokemon. They can make a mini game corner for the people that like doing that crap, without any exclusive stuff in it.

Isn't the game a gamble in its own right? You take a chance of picking a move attempting to predict the outcome of your opponent's move, on that random chance he may or may not hit you with a critical hit with a Super effective move.

Gambling is an old practice as "the oldest profession in the world"
---
<(x_x)>
#28ArmandoXIIIlPosted 5/5/2013 3:23:36 PM
No Safari Zone irked me more than no Game Corner...
---
Formerly DoctorTitor
None of us on this board are garbage! We are a GAMEFAQS, and we're darn proud of it! - MMX377
#29NeoSioType(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 3:34:50 PM
pokemonfreak97 posted...
My only problem with Voltorb Flip is that they removed the ability to buy coins, so to get a Porygon you HAD to play it.

I believe cheat devices can be justified when a player doesn't agree with how the game does something. I've been happier playing Pokemon since I purchased mine.
#30NinjaKitsunePosted 5/5/2013 3:40:04 PM
Voltorb flip was, in my opinion, a step in the right direction, but it had two problems:
1) Payout is way too low.
2) There's too much luck involved in getting beyond the first couple of stages. I rarely got to stage 4 because I'd get shafted on a board where the hints had multiple possible answers and you had a 50% chance of guessing the wrong one.
---
"Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
Unknown