This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have there been times when you've lost interest in Pokemon?

#21HomeRowedPosted 5/5/2013 2:32:52 PM
WORT_WORT_WORT posted...
Jakerific44 posted...
SP_Wes posted...
Yes, and it was called Gen 3.

This. RS were so bad that I stopped playing until DP, when the series became good again.
---
NO MORE FUNERAL CAKE UNTIL I CAN BE A GOOD GIRL
do you wanna die or just come real close?
#22SuperRup91Posted 5/5/2013 2:37:00 PM
Jakerific44 posted...
SP_Wes posted...

This. Gen III was so boring. I lost interest until i picked up a ds a couple of months before HGSS came out along with Platinum what was awesome.
#23TIGERJACKS0N-Posted 5/5/2013 2:41:31 PM
I believe i'm the first to say but i expected more people too..but when i was partway through middle school i thought i was too grown up and gangsta & whatnot to play pokemon -_- if i had a time machine i'd go back and beat the holy f outta my former self and blackmail him into playing pokemon. I never skipped a gen though. I bought a new 3ds so i can play gen 5 and eventual 6th gen
---
Everyday the sun comes up around her, she can make the birds, sing harmony!
http://i.imgur.com/VBsWOu2.png <3 Ain't no woman like the one i got..
#24jamieyelloPosted 5/5/2013 2:47:17 PM
HomeRowed posted...
WORT_WORT_WORT posted...
Jakerific44 posted...
SP_Wes posted...

This. RS were so bad that I stopped playing until DP, when the series became good again.

o_o wut.

Ruby/White at my highest, BW2/D/P at my lowest. I almost didn't even finish Black 2. D/P were a grind. A very... slow... grind. I think I'm going to go back and play Pearl to see if it's as bad as I remember.
---
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/bert_eyes.gif
#25Luigi playerPosted 5/5/2013 2:49:21 PM
Yeah.

I played Gen1&2 thoroughly, but after a while with Crystal and Stadium 2 I seem to have abandoned it, because having every Pokemon with good stats and stuff just takes too long and I didn't want to spend THAT much time with it. It's such a timekiller...

I also didn't have many people to play it with, so it was easy to leave it behind after a while when I had most that I wanted.

When Gen 3 came out I wasn't interested. Not even a bit (I think the general opinions of the game also weren't that good).

After some time I started playing it though. It was nice, but after a while I stopped again. Then I had someone I could play it with and do "speedruns" and stuff, so I started playing it again. And then we played Pokemon XD... after a while Gen 4 was there and we all played it.
I started playing Wifi and trained many Pokemon.

After a while of frustrating egg breeding I stopped since that stuff just took too long. When you don't get what you want long enough (after like, 30 eggs of the same thing) then it's time to stop...

Then Gen 5 was announced. It was the first time I really started following every little news that was announced/leaked and was really hyped again.
I then played it and it was awesome. I also started playing on Pokemon Online.

I made every single Pokemon and had a lot of fun, but there was something else too...

crits, misses, freezes, paralyzes... well, everything luck based. Everything is too inconsistent and when you lose because you're paralyzed 5 times in a row or if you freeze or flinch 10 times in a row, or miss or get crited out of your wins so very regularly then it stops being fun.
So I stopped again after quite a while of playing competitively.
On my "real" game I also had the same breeding frustrations than in previous games. 100s of eggs with not the wanted results... and it takes so long for them to hatch... so I stopped after many many many many hours worth nothing.

With black 2 coming out I started playing more again. And now I'm quite hyped for X/Y.
---
I'm a the Luigi master!
www.freewebs.com/luigi_player/
#26wahaha911Posted 5/5/2013 2:50:57 PM
TIGERJACKS0N- posted...
I believe i'm the first to say but i expected more people too..but when i was partway through middle school i thought i was too grown up and gangsta & whatnot to play pokemon -_- if i had a time machine i'd go back and beat the holy f outta my former self and blackmail him into playing pokemon. I never skipped a gen though. I bought a new 3ds so i can play gen 5 and eventual 6th gen

Nah I still played pokemon
And so did my friends
---
Asianwide is on your side!!!
Official Agumon of the X/Y boards
#27M4nnimalPosted 5/5/2013 2:54:30 PM
Not really. Pokemon was always my go-to handheld game.
---
"We thirsted for thunderbolts and great deeds."
#28MagikarpRulesPosted 5/5/2013 2:55:09 PM
Not really. I've come to like every main Pokemon game I've played. And I wish we had gotten a second Pokemon Snap.
#29EdwardoMario16Posted 5/5/2013 3:03:30 PM
Didn't play Gen 1.

Played Gen 2 to death back in the day and loved it. Quit after Gen 2 ended.

Didn't bother with Gen 3.

Didn't bother with Diamond & Pearl.

Pokemon Platinum got me back into the series, and I've been hooked on it since.
---
This is the worst bird yet.
White 2 FC: 3483 0523 8765
#30T-Zone671Posted 5/5/2013 3:05:29 PM
Unlike some users, I actually just got burnt out with the series... not because Pkmn gen # "sucked." Not meant as an insult, mind you.

I was a dedicated player from its original Japanese release Red & green back in 1996. I've played every iteration until TCG & Crystal (US 2001). I played casually & competitive (w/o EV/IV knowledge) against school friends. This was all Gameboy var. days.

Somewhere during the time of the GBA, I just stopped playing due to increase of other priorities at that time. I may have tried it somewhere.

I've stopped playing for 6 years after Crystal.

Eventually once I had the time around '05 or '06, I may have tried the rest of the GBA series via PC Emulators. All I had access at the time.

Afterwards, I took another 2 year) hiatus. I didn't own, nor planned having the DS. So I skipped D/P & Platinum.

It wasn't until 2010 where I picked up a DSi to go back to the previous DS installments. Since then, I've owned/played the later games.

I don't currently own a 3DS, so it remains to be seen if I will play X/Y.
---
PSN ID : T-Zone
Currently Playing : SVR2010/11 & MW2