This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have there been times when you've lost interest in Pokemon?

#31Strain42Posted 5/5/2013 2:06:37 PM
Pokemon is like a seasonal illness for me. When I wanna play it, I gotta play it.

I usually do a bunch of stuff before new games come out. Right now I'm still working on making sure I've got my ideal teams in all my versions.

It's a long process, but it's fun. I'm hoping to be done before X/Y come out (not likely since I haven't even started FR/LG yet)
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
#32kirbydude385Posted 5/5/2013 2:41:39 PM
dadkwashere posted...
kirbydude385 posted...
a slight dip in interest after FRLG, spiked up again for DP, then went back down again until HGSS and has remained steady since

Lol make a line graph out of that.

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq31/kirbydude385/Untitled-2_zps6c04fe65.jpg
---
Official Manectric and Creator of the B/W, BW2, and XY Boards Clan
Official Dawn of the BW2 Boards
Khaini: ImSooBipolar - 14x Luminous
#33NumberXIPosted 5/5/2013 3:32:53 PM
After Gold and Silver (nothing against it at all). I just stopped caring. Then after catching glimpses of a couple of episodes and watching my friend play Ruby in 2004-5 my curiosity got the best of me and I haven't turned my back on it since. Went on to buy a GBA and soon after a DS just for Pokémon
#34ArmandoXIIIlPosted 5/5/2013 3:36:09 PM
Gen 5's announcement. I bought Black anyway, and had fun with it.

About the time that XY was announced, I wanted to get back into it. Then I learned about EVs, IVs, natures, good movesets and all that jazz, and I saw that Pokemon was actually serious business, and really interesting to play
---
Formerly DoctorTitor
None of us on this board are garbage! We are a GAMEFAQS, and we're darn proud of it! - MMX377
#35tyroneladPosted 5/5/2013 3:39:54 PM
Diamond and Pearl killed it for me. Heartgold rekindled it.
---
Stop right there, criminal scum!
#36PPPPLAASSUMAPosted 5/5/2013 4:41:52 PM
As soon as a I beat a main game for the second time, I put the game down and don't touch it for years.

So basically I take at least a year to three year max break from pokemon after every main release.

I couldn't imagine playing pokemon frequently since I was 13. I'd get sick of it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.
#37P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 5/5/2013 4:44:01 PM
The time between DP and Pt when all of my friends stopped playing and it suddenly became "uncool" to like Pokemon
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#38DarkImpact2021Posted 5/5/2013 4:44:31 PM
Honestly, I lost interest after Gold/Silver/Crystal. I feel like the new generations have lacked imagination. I also didn't like a lot of the changes they made between Gold/Silver and Ruby/Sapphire. They removed things like the day/night system and phone numbers from trainers wanting rematches. I also dislike how the storyline never seems to change. Obviously I don't expect much from the whole "train pokemon to beat gym leaders and the final 4" thing, but the bits with Team [insert name] gets repetitive and they should try to do something new.

I never could bring myself to beat R/S and B/W 1 and 2. I still play G/S and FR/LG regularly and I'm looking forward to seeing the updates and changes with X/Y. I'm still not fond of the new generations of Pokemon and don't think I ever will like any after the 1st and 2nd gen, but that's why I always have the option to transfer from past games and just use those two gens :D
#39MelkacPosted 5/5/2013 4:46:34 PM
Hmm...after replaying Black/White for the, uh, 2nd time I think. I thought Game Freak was going to re-release the game with a little snow in the hometown more pokémon and very few changes...AND THEN they would do a R/S/E remake. I replayed Black/White enough times and I consider the third gen to be the worst right now, so I decided to quit for the next 2-4 years.

...Then they announced Black 2/White 2, I decided to give the R/S/E remake a little chance. THEN they announced X/Y.

Yup, I love this franchise more than ever.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA
#40MaximoomPosted 5/5/2013 5:07:01 PM
When i discovered IVs i abandoned the franchise for a few years.