This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think I realized why Gen 3 is not getting a remake

#1InfernalDragon5Posted 5/5/2013 1:51:40 PM
I was thinking back on this game then it hit me: the game's story is beyond stupid. I mean, yeah its a kid's game, but its beyond stupid even for a KID'S game. And this is not me talking out of my *** I was only about 10 years old when I played it and I had played gen 1 and 2 beforehand, and even that I thought it was beyond stupid.

Gen 1 and 2 considering that they were kids' games had decent stories. The "evil criminal organization" wasn't a stupidly overused trope in pokemon games at that point, and gen 2 even did away with it temporarily. On top of that, the criminal organization did what real life organizations did, rob people and try to steal money/technology. Behind all of this we had rivalries that actually felt like rivalries, but we only have to focus on the criminal organizations to realize how stupid gen 3's story is.

Come gen 3 and what do the evil criminal organizations want to do? Yeah, expand the land or sea . Let that sink in for a moment. Who the **** would want to do that? The game gives the lamest excuses possible for this "HURR DURR GIB PEPLE MOR SWMMING PULS". I don't even want to talk about this anymore.

Gen 4 had the same issue as gen 3, but its more of a comic book supervillian stupid of "destory the world" which gen 3's story also kinda boils down to but doesn't mention it outright until the end. Come gen 5 gamefreak finally got its **** together and gave the organization a sorta-believable motive again, control the world, and on top of that they are for once subtle about it, but this is only a couple of steps down on the "evil megalomaniac" trope that gen3/4 suffered from.
#2xthunder7283Posted 5/5/2013 1:54:54 PM
since when did that ever stop Nintendo?
---
PSN: RussRock7283
http://Eevee.forumotion.com (my pokecademy)
#3Strain42Posted 5/5/2013 1:57:34 PM
While I don't disagree with you (these guys were the worst eco-terrorists ever) I doubt that's the reason the games aren't getting remade.

See, Team Rocket were smart about it. They weren't summoning legendary Pokemon to try and shape the world, they were using Pokemon to gain money and power. They took over Silph Corp. probably the biggest company in all of Pokemon. Producers of the ****ing Pokeball itself!

You want power in the world, do it from the skyscraper of a billion dollar company...you don't summon a giant whalphin to drown the world.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
#4Davidk92Posted 5/5/2013 1:59:21 PM
InfernalDragon5 posted...
The game gives the lamest excuses possible for this "HURR DURR GIB PEPLE MOR SWMMING PULS".

Now that I think about it, why DID Aqua and Magma want to do that? Bulbapedia never mentions their reasons, just they want to expand the oceans/land, and I've not played the Gen 3 games.
---
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can't do."
~Walter Bagehot
#5CM_PonchPosted 5/5/2013 1:59:24 PM
Gen 2 Team Rocket cried because they couldn't do anything without Giovanni, that was literally GSC's story.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibaA0poozfqtmX.gif
http://i.imgur.com/0Ccy1.png
#6kwando1313Posted 5/5/2013 2:00:46 PM
If bad story was the reason they weren't remade, explain why on earth G/S were remade?
---
Mugiloko posted...
kwando is 100% right
#7MagikarpRulesPosted 5/5/2013 2:01:04 PM
I think Gen 1 kinda gets a pass for being the first one, and they probably weren't thinking ahead to having more Pokemon games.

Gen 2's story is stupid too, not only Gen 3's and Gen 4's. It boils down to "OMG, where did our boss go? We miss him so much, WAAAH". Seriously, if TR had shown trying to achieve whatever the hell they wanted to achieve without the part about trying to bring Giovanni back, it would have been much better.
#8AnclationPosted 5/5/2013 2:02:27 PM
CM_Ponch posted...
Gen 2 Team Rocket cried because they couldn't do anything without Giovanni, that was literally GSC's story.

Lol, this.
#9InfernalDragon5(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 2:03:45 PM
Gen 2 was a true sequel to Gen 1, the only pokemon games that are. It showed the final dissipation of the remnants of rocket, some things that have changed over the years, and Red's usurpation as the pokemon master.

While not the most exciting story in of itself it sure beats remaking RB's story repeatedly with stupider characters and criminal organizations.
#10wind64aPosted 5/5/2013 2:03:49 PM
Davidk92 posted...
InfernalDragon5 posted...
The game gives the lamest excuses possible for this "HURR DURR GIB PEPLE MOR SWMMING PULS".

Now that I think about it, why DID Aqua and Magma want to do that? Bulbapedia never mentions their reasons, just they want to expand the oceans/land, and I've not played the Gen 3 games.

Aqua wanted to make more bodies of water for Water-type Pokémon. Magma wanted to expand the land for Pokémon who can't swim essentially.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W2 FC: 3783 7001 3142