This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think I realized why Gen 3 is not getting a remake

#11Strain42Posted 5/5/2013 3:04:18 PM
They really only try to bring him back at the end. All the stuff with the Slowpoke Tails and forcing Magikarp to evolve were done of their own accord, and those were pretty classic Team Rocket schemes like trying to find fossils in Mt. Moon, or going to the Pokemon Tower to...um...too...y'know, I have no idea what they were trying to do there.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
#12BountyanPosted 5/5/2013 3:04:26 PM
I want gen 3 sequels more than remakes.
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#13NewMoonShadowPosted 5/5/2013 3:06:53 PM
wind64a posted...
Davidk92 posted...
InfernalDragon5 posted...
The game gives the lamest excuses possible for this "HURR DURR GIB PEPLE MOR SWMMING PULS".

Now that I think about it, why DID Aqua and Magma want to do that? Bulbapedia never mentions their reasons, just they want to expand the oceans/land, and I've not played the Gen 3 games.

Aqua wanted to make more bodies of water for Water-type Pokémon. Magma wanted to expand the land for Pokémon who can't swim essentially.

^This. They were both environmentalist extremists, still positively stupid, but their motives were not, strictly speaking, evil.
#14MagikarpRulesPosted 5/5/2013 3:08:58 PM
Gen 2 was a true sequel to Gen 1, the only pokemon games that are. It showed the final dissipation of the remnants of rocket, some things that have changed over the years, and Red's usurpation as the pokemon master.

While not the most exciting story in of itself it sure beats remaking RB's story repeatedly with stupider characters and criminal organizations.

Uh, Black 2 and White 2 are sequels to B/W, you know?

Anyway, although as stupid as Gen 3's story was, Gen 2's wasn't really any better. And to the day, I despise Silver.
#15CM_PonchPosted 5/5/2013 3:08:59 PM
They really only try to bring him back at the end. All the stuff with the Slowpoke Tails and forcing Magikarp to evolve were done of their own accord, and those were pretty classic Team Rocket schemes like trying to find fossils in Mt. Moon, or going to the Pokemon Tower to...um...too...y'know, I have no idea what they were trying to do there.

They sold the Slowpoke tails to fund their search for Giovanni and the radio wave thing was so they could properly hijack the Radio Tower.

From: InfernalDragon5 | Posted: 5/5/2013 3:03:45 PM | #009
Gen 2 was a true sequel to Gen 1, the only pokemon games that are. It showed the final dissipation of the remnants of rocket, some things that have changed over the years, and Red's usurpation as the pokemon master.

While not the most exciting story in of itself it sure beats remaking RB's story repeatedly with stupider characters and criminal organizations.

Gen 1 had no real story though. Red stumbled onto Team Rocket and beat them. Team Rocket had no real goals other than steal pokemon, make money. Team Magma and Aqua wanted to change the land/control their respective legendary. The two are nothing alike.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibaA0poozfqtmX.gif
http://i.imgur.com/0Ccy1.png
#16peteybooPosted 5/5/2013 3:09:11 PM
Gen 2 was a true sequel to Gen 1, the only pokemon games that are.

Uhh B2W2?
---
Gee, it sure is boring around here. *rolls eyes*
Let's Play Zelda: Skyward Sword and a bunch of other games http://www.youtube.com/user/peteyboo
#17InfernalDragon5(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 3:16:09 PM
peteyboo posted...

Uhh B2W2?

I meant direct sequel to RBY. All the other games are sort of in their own timelines and seperate from Gen1/2.

-Gen 1 had no real story though. Red stumbled onto Team Rocket and beat them. Team Rocket had no real goals other than steal pokemon, make money. Team Magma and Aqua wanted to change the land/control their respective legendary. The two are nothing alike.

Still doesn't stop the fact that magma/aqua are extremely stupid. And it also started a horrible trope in the pokemon games, controlling some overhyped legendaries for some nefarious plan which benefits nobody.

And usually in video games, no storyline/minimalistic storyline is better than a really bad storyline. See Diablo 2 vs. Diablo 3.
#18CM_PonchPosted 5/5/2013 3:20:37 PM
From: InfernalDragon5 | Posted: 5/5/2013 3:16:09 PM | #017
Still doesn't stop the fact that magma/aqua are extremely stupid. And it also started a horrible trope in the pokemon games, controlling some overhyped legendaries for some nefarious plan which benefits nobody.

Magma and Aqua benefit the Pokemon of water and land
Galactic wasn't about benefiting anyone, it was about Cyrus creating his own world
N wanted to free Pokemon, which would benefit Pokemon
Ghetsis wanted revenge, which benefits himself
You're genwunning pretty hard right now
---
http://i.minus.com/ibaA0poozfqtmX.gif
http://i.imgur.com/0Ccy1.png
#19MagikarpRulesPosted 5/5/2013 3:22:26 PM
peteyboo posted...

Uhh B2W2?

I meant direct sequel to RBY. All the other games are sort of in their own timelines and seperate from Gen1/2.

-Gen 1 had no real story though. Red stumbled onto Team Rocket and beat them. Team Rocket had no real goals other than steal pokemon, make money. Team Magma and Aqua wanted to change the land/control their respective legendary. The two are nothing alike.

And usually in video games, no storyline/minimalistic storyline is better than a really bad storyline. See Diablo 2 vs. Diablo 3.

You know, you sound like one of those Gen 3 haters that also worship Gen 2. Honestly, how is Gen 3's story any more stupid than Gen 2's?
#20HomeRowedPosted 5/5/2013 3:23:18 PM
Team Rocket had no real goals other than steal pokemon, make money.

Right, and it's not interesting at all.

Team Magma and Aqua had stupid plans, yes, and were some of the worst "teams" in the series -- I don't think many people will argue against that -- but at least they had plans. Team Rocket were just glorified road blocks. They got in your way simply for the sake of getting in your way. It's boring.
---
NO MORE FUNERAL CAKE UNTIL I CAN BE A GOOD GIRL
do you wanna die or just come real close?