This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My take on why Gen III may not be getting a remake

#1Great_ReapettePosted 5/5/2013 3:31:54 PM
First, we start off with little Gen I. The story is basically nonexistent.
Then, we move on to Gen II. The story is still basically nonexistent.
Then we have an oversized rehaul of EVERYTHING and Gen III isn't compatible with Gens I and II.
Then we get FR and LG to help us with Kanto.
Then we get Emerald, which helps us somewhat with Johto.
Then we get Gen IV. We can transfer Gen III crap there.
HGSS help out moar with Johto crap.
Then we get Gen V.
But why no Gen III when we got Gen I and II remade?
It's simple, from how I see.
There's no need.
Sure, Gen III and Gen V are incompatible. Does Nintendo care? No. For all Nintendo cares, you can go buy a Gen IV game and a regular DS and transfer that way.
However, Gens I and II were completely incompatible with Gen III. As such, there was no way whatsoever to communicate, providing need.

Like I have said, this is my take, and it's a stupid one at that.
---
Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you, staring into your soul, using its duckiness.
QUACK.
#2BountyanPosted 5/5/2013 3:34:45 PM
I think a R/S/E sequel would make more sense. Gen 3 also kind of restarted the timeline for the franchise. It would be weird to play through the same thing again but it takes place in the current time. It would be more interesting too. I don't want to play through the same story again. If I wanted that I'd just play a gen 3 game.
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#3MagikarpRulesPosted 5/5/2013 3:35:05 PM
Better than the other guy's take, anyway.

At the moment, bing spoiled by B/W 2, I now want sequels to Gen 3 rather than remakes.
#4NewMoonShadowPosted 5/5/2013 3:38:04 PM
Personally I'd be all for a simple rerelease on the 3DS Virtual Console E-Shop. They don't need a full-on remake for a Game Boy Advance game.
#5CM_PonchPosted 5/5/2013 3:38:06 PM
Nintendo wanted BW2 to be on the 3DS, Gamefreak had to fight for it to be on the DS.
Gamefreak isn't going to jump onto the new console with a remake.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibaA0poozfqtmX.gif
http://i.imgur.com/0Ccy1.png
#6jayman7Posted 5/5/2013 3:42:33 PM
NewMoonShadow posted...
Personally I'd be all for a simple rerelease on the 3DS Virtual Console E-Shop. They don't need a full-on remake for a Game Boy Advance game.

It's at least not worth discounting. So long as the VC version has some form of compatibility with X/Y, it should be fine.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#7TherianReturnsPosted 5/5/2013 3:50:17 PM
Thanks. But I think there will be a gen III remake at some point.
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. If you can't accept this, take your jealousy away from my presence.
#8NekoHime64Posted 5/5/2013 3:52:06 PM
Bountyan posted...
I think a R/S/E sequel would make more sense. Gen 3 also kind of restarted the timeline for the franchise. It would be weird to play through the same thing again but it takes place in the current time. It would be more interesting too. I don't want to play through the same story again. If I wanted that I'd just play a gen 3 game.

I like that idea a lot, and I'm a die-hard gen 3 fan.
---
FF IX was better than FFVII. THERE, I SAID IT!!!
#9pokemonfreak97Posted 5/5/2013 3:58:29 PM
I personally think that a sequel to Gen III would be better than a remake, because then you can skip time to whenever X/Y are. An eShop re-release that could export the Pokémon directly to X/Y would be cool too.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#10PSOLavisPosted 5/5/2013 4:03:58 PM
I agree, why would a company that's #1 goal about making money release a game that would make them money. Come on, no companies are actually in it for the money, they just want smiling faces.

P.S. Same with Disney, money is worthless to them when compared to the smile of a child, especially one that is a neo Nazi. Seig Heil!