This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My take on why Gen III may not be getting a remake

#11Great_Reapette(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 3:06:29 PM
PSOLavis posted...
I agree, why would a company that's #1 goal about making money release a game that would make them money.

...Except this way they keep getting sales.

Last time I checked, the remakes tended to get lower sales than originals, because they were remakes.
---
Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you, staring into your soul, using its duckiness.
QUACK.
#12WallydraiglePosted 5/5/2013 3:08:27 PM
PSOLavis posted...
I agree, why would a company that's #1 goal about making money release a game that would make them money. Come on, no companies are actually in it for the money, they just want smiling faces.

P.S. Same with Disney, money is worthless to them when compared to the smile of a child, especially one that is a neo Nazi. Seig Heil!

I can see the big corporate round table meeting now. A drone pitches the idea of gen 3 remakes complete with charts and projections showing how much money it's going to make, and the higher ups are all, "Hey, Stupid! You can still transfer pokemon from Emerald into the new games. HEEERRRR DUURRRRRR!!"
---
Always interested in any Pokemon event distribution cartridges. My email is in my profile.
#13ArmandoXIIIlPosted 5/5/2013 3:14:59 PM
TC's on the ball with this one. The only reason for gen 1 and 2 remakes were to get the exclusive Pokemon on new games because apparently GB/GBA connectivity wasn't possible. It is currently possible to get every single Pokemon legally on your BW2 card if you went to all the events for every generation and bought every game, so gen 3 remakes aren't even necessary.

I still would like Hoenn sequels with the physical/special split and updated graphics. They would sell like hotcakes as well. But when it comes to gameplay, there is no reason to do it.
---
Formerly DoctorTitor
None of us on this board are garbage! We are a GAMEFAQS, and we're darn proud of it! - MMX377
#14WallydraiglePosted 5/5/2013 3:21:57 PM
ArmandoXIIIl posted...
TC's on the ball with this one. The only reason for gen 1 and 2 remakes were to get the exclusive Pokemon on new games because apparently GB/GBA connectivity wasn't possible. It is currently possible to get every single Pokemon legally on your BW2 card if you went to all the events for every generation and bought every game, so gen 3 remakes aren't even necessary.

I still would like Hoenn sequels with the physical/special split and updated graphics. They would sell like hotcakes as well. But when it comes to gameplay, there is no reason to do it.

That wasn't the only reason those games were made. At all.
---
Always interested in any Pokemon event distribution cartridges. My email is in my profile.
#15ArmandoXIIIlPosted 5/5/2013 3:25:07 PM
Wallydraigle posted...
ArmandoXIIIl posted...

yeh it wus
---
Formerly DoctorTitor
None of us on this board are garbage! We are a GAMEFAQS, and we're darn proud of it! - MMX377
#16WallydraiglePosted 5/5/2013 3:34:47 PM
ArmandoXIIIl posted...
Wallydraigle posted...
ArmandoXIIIl posted...

yeh it wus

I remember paying money for these games. Am I mistaken?
---
#17WinsagePosted 5/5/2013 4:04:18 PM
Wallydraigle posted...
ArmandoXIIIl posted...
Wallydraigle posted...
ArmandoXIIIl posted...

yeh it wus

I remember paying money for these games. Am I mistaken?

Someone ripped you off. Go find them and demand your money back, because those games were given out for free to appease the fan base.
---
NNid: Windsage
#18MelkacPosted 5/5/2013 5:24:04 PM
My take on why Gen III may not be getting a remake:
Nobody likes it.
Has too much water.
Uninteresting villains.
Horrible rivals.

Game Freak: Ok, let's move on.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA
#19MelkacPosted 5/5/2013 5:27:10 PM
TherianReturns posted...
Thanks. But I think there will be a gen III remake at some point.

Why would there be one? Game Freak will probably do a D/P/Pt sequel/remake in 2016 (D/P's 10th anniversary). I doubt they would make two remakes for the same handheld.

*Looks at the PSP and Atlus*

Er...
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA
#20DecoyCharacterPosted 5/5/2013 6:22:08 PM
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Individual_values

Is the reason why I & II got remade

3 wont be remade.
---
Alcohol is man's greatest enemy. God says love your enemy.