This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rank the types from best to worst competitively

#11ThatKippPosted 5/5/2013 6:18:48 PM
ShadowPhoenix81 posted...
Melkac posted...
1.- Fighting
2.- Water
3.- Steel
17.- Ice

There.

Nah. Ice is a great offensive typing.

Exactly. Ice-type moves are good. Ice-type Pokemon are awful.
---
Medicham/Victreebel
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#12Twilight_SonataPosted 5/5/2013 6:23:57 PM
ShadowPhoenix81 posted...
Nah. Ice is a great offensive typing.

This. It's not good defensively, no, but it's fantastic offensively, especially with all of those Dragons running around, and at least a couple of the other types that it hits super-effectively aren't exactly uncommon either. Mamoswine is a great example of a Pokemon that actually is great because of its Ice typing. That STAB Ice Shard wrecks quite a bit.
I wouldn't place Ice high on the list, of course, but I definitely wouldn't put it at the bottom.
---
My NIDOKING brings all the boys to the yard:
http://goo.gl/ExAoe
#13goldwPosted 5/5/2013 7:35:11 PM
Kyurem being an Ice type is one of the major reasons why it is not Uber.

There is no type worst than Ice.
---
Would you like some...yoghurt? - Fernando, the Manwhore
#14Thepenguinking2Posted 5/5/2013 7:37:29 PM
1.Dragon
2.Dragon
3.Dragon
4.Dragon
5.Dragon
6.Dragon
7.Dragon
8.Dragon
9.Dragon
10.Dragon
11.Dragon
12.Dragon
13.Dragon
14.Dragon
15.Dragon
16.Dragon
17.Poison.
---
Deviantart: http://espio143.deviantart.com/
The Official Shiny Zangoose of the X/y Board!
#15themagicpainmanPosted 5/5/2013 7:37:45 PM
Bottom 4: Ice, Bug, Fire, Flying

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/268/2/2/sexymon___stealth_rock_by_wupar-d2zgtm0.png

...I swear Focus Sash is what stops this thing from being banned >_>
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#16Mewtwo_soulPosted 5/5/2013 7:42:22 PM
Twilight_Sonata posted...
It's so refreshing to see somebody actually place Normal as dead last, where it belongs.

You make absolutely no sense.

More accurate as some one else said would be Ice being dead last. Rock, Fighting, and Fire three common attacking types are SE against it, Stealth Rock laughs at it, and Hail in general is a terrible Weather type.

Ice type moves are cool though, but that's about it. It's typing is considered a hinderance, at least Normal types have an immunity to Ghost moves, and sure Fighting types are SE against them (super common attacking type) but then again Ice. All I need to say.

The only other questionable thing in OP is Flying > Psychic on the list.

Within the metagame psychics are slightly better than previous gens. (Not gloriously better with a few exceptions) but still decently better. (Flying moves are rare, and although certain OU/etc. are Flying, it's typing isn't really that great, hence the major use of Roost.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#17_KGC_Posted 5/5/2013 7:55:47 PM
Heh, I actually tried to do this just last night. If I didn't know any better I'll think you stole this idea from me. :s

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4686928&postcount=294

Steel
Dragon
Water
Fighting.
Ground
Ghost
Rock
Grass
Fire
Flying
Electric
Bug
Poison
Psychic
Dark
Ice
Normal

---
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra
#18Twilight_SonataPosted 5/5/2013 7:59:45 PM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
More accurate as some one else said would be Ice being dead last. Rock, Fighting, and Fire three common attacking types are SE against it, Stealth Rock laughs at it, and Hail in general is a terrible Weather type.
Ice type moves are cool though, but that's about it.

That's kind of my point, though. Yeah, Ice has a lot of down sides, but at least it also has some significantly desirable redeeming qualities, like having a STAB that's super-effective against quite a respectable number of other types, including being one of only two types super effective against those powerful Dragons.

Normal, on the other hand? It's just cripplingly mediocre all around. Even its few redeeming qualities are either not really very important to begin with (like that Ghost immunity) or undermined by its other weaknesses (Normal attacks and STAB would be great if not for its rather unremarkable offensive capability). The most people can even try to get excited about it is when they say at least is doesn't have very many weaknesses or hits a lot of things neutrally, the former of which I've already explained is nothing to get excited about and the latter of which I've already explained is more of a myth than anything else.

It's typing is considered a hinderance,

That demonstrates a shallow understanding of what typing really means. A typing is almost never simply a boon or simply a hinderance. It depends on what else the Pokemon has going for it. For Kyurem? Ice typing is probably more of a hinderance. For Mamoswine? Ice typing as absolutely a boon.
---
My NIDOKING brings all the boys to the yard:
http://goo.gl/ExAoe
#19Mewtwo_soulPosted 5/5/2013 8:03:46 PM
Twilight_Sonata posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Ice type moves are cool though, but that's about it.

That's kind of my point, though. Yeah, Ice has a lot of down sides, but at least it also has some significantly desirable redeeming qualities, like having a STAB that's super-effective against quite a respectable number of other types, including being one of only two types super effective against those powerful Dragons.

Normal, on the other hand? It's just cripplingly mediocre all around. Even its few redeeming qualities are either not really very important to begin with (like that Ghost immunity) or undermined by its other weaknesses (Normal attacks and STAB would be great if not for its rather unremarkable offensive capability). The most people can even try to get excited about it is when they say at least is doesn't have very many weaknesses or hits a lot of things neutrally, the former of which I've already explained is nothing to get excited about and the latter of which I've already explained is more of a myth than anything else.

It's typing is considered a hinderance,

That demonstrates a shallow understanding of what typing really means. A typing is almost never simply a boon or simply a hinderance. It depends on what else the Pokemon has going for it. For Kyurem? Ice typing is probably more of a hinderance. For Mamoswine? Ice typing as absolutely a boon.

Meh, there have been a decent amount of Normal types in the past that were mainly viable due ot offensive capabilities, of course, we're talking about this current metagame so I'll dismiss that comment. (Still got to give Normal types at least Scrappy.)

I'm meaning most Pokemon with ice types are considered hindered by it. A majority actually. I never said all of them, just Ice in general is considered a hindrance, and most good Ice types have something else lackluster. (Vanilluxe would be cool if not for the idiotic lack of move pool seriously Nintendo What the hell?)
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#20Brandon042487Posted 5/5/2013 8:09:54 PM
Another iKhanic post.
---
<(x_x)>