This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rank the types from best to worst competitively

#21EdwardoMario16Posted 5/5/2013 11:00:24 PM
It's the "big four" and everyone else.

The "big four" are Dragon, Steel, Fighting, and Water in a dead lock for first, because that's what everyone and their mom has been using since Gen IV. Everything else is useless competitively. It's not Gen 1 Psychic awful, but awful nonetheless. Even Ground is of no use anymore unless it's only for coverage, since it's dominated by Water. Fire beats Steel, but loses to everything else. Everyone is packing a Ghost to stop the Fighting-Types, but Ghosts are completely helpless to stop Dragons and Steel-Types.

I think this is where this supposed "Fairy-Type" comes in. To stop the onslaught of the big four. When Gamefreak has to invent a new type, chances are a metagame/type is OP/broken.

Like in Gen 1. Dark and Steel was invented to corral Psychic. Steel in particular was created to stop Tauros.
---
This is the worst bird yet.
White 2 FC: 3483 0523 8765
#22Mewtwo_soulPosted 5/5/2013 11:11:35 PM
EdwardoMario16 posted...
It's the "big four" and everyone else.

The "big four" are Dragon, Steel, Fighting, and Water in a dead lock for first, because that's what everyone and their mom has been using since Gen IV. Everything else is useless competitively. It's not Gen 1 Psychic awful, but awful nonetheless. Even Ground is of no use anymore unless it's only for coverage, since it's dominated by Water. Fire beats Steel, but loses to everything else. Everyone is packing a Ghost to stop the Fighting-Types, but Ghosts are completely helpless to stop Dragons and Steel-Types.

I think this is where this supposed "Fairy-Type" comes in. To stop the onslaught of the big four. When Gamefreak has to invent a new type, chances are a metagame/type is OP/broken.

Like in Gen 1. Dark and Steel was invented to corral Psychic. Steel in particular was created to stop Tauros.

I don't see how Fairy will instantly balance or make crappy types better. (Dark wasn't actually needed after more Ghosts moves became available, and Ghost became SE against Psychic) Don't forget the rise of decent Bug types and moves.

Even then, Steel was created also with Psychics in mind, since they easily resist Psychic types. (A great defense against them)
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#23EdwardoMario16Posted 5/6/2013 6:32:28 PM
I didn't say Fairy (provided it exists) won't auto-balance the metagame, but I will say it will probably slow things down and make them less dominant. 'Fairy' won't stop Dragon from being Uber-Powerful, but it'll keep it in check at least. Hopefully.

Psychic was still powerful in Gen 2 despite the addition of Dark and Steel. It just wasn't a game breaker type anymore. Ghost didn't resist Psychic and Bug still blew chunks. The most powerful Ghost (Gengar) was weak to Psychic and Misdreavus wasn't cutting it.
---
#24KillerMechanoidPosted 5/6/2013 6:42:34 PM
Steel, Dragon, Water in top 3 in any order.

Dragon for being powerful and unresistable except against Steel.
Steel for massive resistances against many types including Dragon.
Water for drizzle+ rain-boosted STAB, pretty good offenses and defences.
#25EdwardoMario16Posted 5/7/2013 5:15:35 AM
Not to mention, Rain is the most powerful weather in the game. Not only powering up Water STAB, but making Thunder and Hurricane completely accurate. So not only does Water work under Rain, but now so many other Pokemon work under it as well.
---