This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What makes Mewtwo legendary?

#111Mewtwo_soulPosted 5/5/2013 11:25:53 PM
CM_Ponch posted...
Name is irrevant. Superman is not a real person,Clark Kent is, but how many people know Clark Kent? Very few, Clark Kent is the legend, Superman is the alias.

No, Superman is the legend, Clark Kent is an average person. No one cares for Clark because there's nothing special about him. Superman on the other hand is constantly doing super feats for all to see. He's known and there are legends surrounding him. No one knows who Mewtwo is, you could talk about a savage pokemon, but no one in the Pokemon world will associate that with Mewtwo.

No. You contrary mule, he is not.

An aliasc can never be the hero. An alias can not exist without the host identity. Clark Kent is even called many times within the comics "The man of steel" without calling him Super Man.

He still bares the title. Your case is moot, oh and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Unknown_Warrior

Move on with your terrible logic. You lose again.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#112Mewtwo_soulPosted 5/5/2013 11:26:57 PM
It had to be created. Even then the dream world isn't just a dream, if that were the case by that logic when Pokemon come out of dreams that defies all logic, therefore those Pokedex entries may as well be considered canon. Your choice.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#113CM_Ponch(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 11:28:18 PM
An aliasc can never be the hero. An alias can not exist without the host identity. Clark Kent is even called many times within the comics "The man of steel" without calling him Super Man.

Are seriously this dense?
If you were in the DCU and asked someone about The Man of Steel, they would know you're talking about Pokemon since it's one of his many nicknames and legends based around him. If you were in the Pokemon universe and asked someone about Mewtwo they'd shrug. If you asked someone about the savage pokemon in Cerulean Cave they tell you about the Savage Pokemon, not Mewtwo, because they don't know what Mewtwo is.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibaA0poozfqtmX.gif
http://i.imgur.com/0Ccy1.png
#114CM_Ponch(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 11:29:26 PM
It had to be created. Even then the dream world isn't just a dream, if that were the case by that logic when Pokemon come out of dreams that defies all logic, therefore those Pokedex entries may as well be considered canon. Your choice.

Yes, in the dream world of Pokemon, not an actual in-game company
---
#115Mewtwo_soulPosted 5/5/2013 11:30:04 PM
CM_Ponch posted...

Are seriously this dense?
If you were in the DCU and asked someone about The Man of Steel, they would know you're talking about Pokemon since it's one of his many nicknames and legends based around him. If you were in the Pokemon universe and asked someone about Mewtwo they'd shrug. If you asked someone about the savage pokemon in Cerulean Cave they tell you about the Savage Pokemon, not Mewtwo, because they don't know what Mewtwo is.

I love how you ignored the unknown Warrior Legend a man without a name who became a legend. Or the Unknown Soldier.

Nice, I love how you ignore logic to try and life your arguments when you're wrong.

Also, everyone within the Justice League knows Supermans identity. So again, nice fail..
---
#116Mewtwo_soulPosted 5/5/2013 11:30:36 PM
CM_Ponch posted...

Yes, in the dream world of Pokemon, not an actual in-game company

It still had to be created, just as the items are found, and berries have to be taken care of, they didn't just exist on their own.

>.>
---
#117CM_Ponch(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 11:34:59 PM
I love how you ignored the unknown Warrior Legend a man without a name who became a legend. Or the Unknown Soldier.

Nice, I love how you ignore logic to try and life your arguments when you're wrong.

Also, everyone within the Justice League knows Supermans identity. So again, nice fail..

Because the Unknown Warrior refers to the unknown warrior, if someone was to discuss him by name and talk about his feats they wouldn't be talking about the Unknown Warrior. Do you understand this?
The legend isn't about Bob the warrior, so you could discuss Bob all you want, but no one knows him by Bob, they know him as the unknown warrior.

Also, everyone within the Justice League knows Supermans identity. So again, nice fail

but that's wrong.

It still had to be created, just as the items are found, and berries have to be taken care of, they didn't just exist on their own.

Yes, it's created in the pokemon dream world.
---
#118Legend3000Posted 5/5/2013 11:36:36 PM
The legend itself is that there is a super powerful pokemon inside the cerulean cave. Even if they don't know that the pokemon in question is mewtwo, doesn't make mewtwo any less the pokemon they are referring to. Hence he is a part of that story/legend. Not only that, but the fact that someone actually saw him enter the cave (regardless of wether or not they knew it was mewtwo) makes his legend even truer than most. :) Also, who's to say that Red wouldn't talk about Mewtwo to others? Or that the kid infront of the cave didn't tell anyone? Hell, how does it even manage to exist on a pokedex if no one has seen it? And on what basis would the programmers of said pokedex know what to put in the pokedex about mewtwo? Does Giovanni or higher level team rocket executives not know about mewtwo? No other pokemon trainers have ever been inside the cerulean cave? Obviously none that we have seen, but the chances are that there would be. Shoot, can't Gold go inside the cave and fight mewtwo in his game? Just sayin. Way too many opportunities for him to have been seen. Not only that, but if you never had a pokedex or knew nothing about mewtwo....You wouldn't be calling him mewtwo! You can't have a legend "by name" if no one knows its name!
---
"Legend3000, trolling the trolls since September 30, 2012"
FC Black 2: 1421-7338-3331
#119Mewtwo_soulPosted 5/5/2013 11:39:14 PM
CM_Ponch posted...

Because the Unknown Warrior refers to the unknown warrior, if someone was to discuss him by name and talk about his feats they wouldn't be talking about the Unknown Warrior. Do you understand this?
The legend isn't about Bob the warrior, so you could discuss Bob all you want, but no one knows him by Bob, they know him as the unknown warrior.

Also, everyone within the Justice League knows Supermans identity. So again, nice fail

but that's wrong.

Yes, it's created in the pokemon dream world.

Maybe not everyone knows his identity, but a large portion does. This is seen in multiple parts of the series where people correspond with his name. So even though there are less of them than the people in Metropolis or wherever that only know Superman as Superman, it doesn't disprove the point that in the Justice league Clark is the legend, Superman is frikkin alias.

Hell, let's bring up legendary weapons. The sword known as noname, it literally wasn't given a name, yet there's a legend.

I'm going to repeat it, a name is not required to be a legend. It helps in some instances ( Moltres/Zapdos/Articuno) but it is not the depending factor.

Then I'm going to agree logic is out the window in Pokemon, and the Poke'dex is spot on.
---
#120CM_Ponch(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 11:41:17 PM
The legend itself is that there is a super powerful pokemon inside the cerulean cave. Even if they don't know that the pokemon in question is mewtwo, doesn't make mewtwo any less the pokemon they are referring to.

Yes, but it shows that it's not the legend of Mewtwo, it's the legend of the savage pokemon. In the Pokemon world, Mewtwo is not known as a legend.
Hell, how does it even manage to exist on a pokedex if no one has seen it?

Like Porygon? or Arceus? or Deoxys? or Togepi?

Shoot, can't Gold go inside the cave and fight mewtwo in his game? Just sayin. Way too many opportunities for him to have been seen. Not only that, but if you never had a pokedex or knew nothing about mewtwo....You wouldn't be calling him mewtwo! You can't have a legend "by name" if no one knows its name!

If anything wouldn't that support a theory that Red didn't meet Mewtwo?
Why would the savage pokemon let Red escape?
---