This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What makes Mewtwo legendary?

#121Mewtwo_soulPosted 5/6/2013 12:43:36 AM
CM_Ponch posted...
The legend itself is that there is a super powerful pokemon inside the cerulean cave. Even if they don't know that the pokemon in question is mewtwo, doesn't make mewtwo any less the pokemon they are referring to.

Yes, but it shows that it's not the legend of Mewtwo, it's the legend of the savage pokemon. In the Pokemon world, Mewtwo is not known as a legend.
Hell, how does it even manage to exist on a pokedex if no one has seen it?

Like Porygon? or Arceus? or Deoxys? or Togepi?

Shoot, can't Gold go inside the cave and fight mewtwo in his game? Just sayin. Way too many opportunities for him to have been seen. Not only that, but if you never had a pokedex or knew nothing about mewtwo....You wouldn't be calling him mewtwo! You can't have a legend "by name" if no one knows its name!

If anything wouldn't that support a theory that Red didn't meet Mewtwo?
Why would the savage pokemon let Red escape?

Two things:

Porygon has been seen many times, why they have a stockade of them in Celadon Marketplace, and the others have also been seen in one part of the world or another (Pokemon wise)

Second:

There was a cave in, maybe Mewtwo was trying to stop Red from escaping? Goes to fundamentals.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#122CM_Ponch(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 12:45:36 AM
Maybe not everyone knows his identity, but a large portion does. This is seen in multiple parts of the series where people correspond with his name. So even though there are less of them than the people in Metropolis or wherever that only know Superman as Superman, it doesn't disprove the point that in the Justice league Clark is the legend, Superman is frikkin alias.

And to the rest of the world, Clark is a random person and Superman is the legend. This is what you don't understand, the Justice League will never tell the world that Clark is Superman, to the world the legend is Superman, just like how to the Pokemon world, The legend is that there's a savage pokemon in Cerulean cave, not Mewtwo is in Cerulean Cave.

Hell, let's bring up legendary weapons. The sword known as noname, it literally wasn't given a name, yet there's a legend.

It literally has the name noname. Yet if it was actually named Bob and no one else knew, then when someone spoke of the legendary Bob sword, no one would know was being referred to.

I'm going to repeat it, a name is not required to be a legend. It helps in some instances ( Moltres/Zapdos/Articuno) but it is not the depending factor.

It does when you're giving the legend to a specific being and name, which in this case is Mewtwo. There are legends about Mewtwo, but none are associated with the name Mewtwo. To the pokemon world the legend is the savage pokemon, Mewtwo is just a name.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibaA0poozfqtmX.gif
http://i.imgur.com/0Ccy1.png
#123CM_Ponch(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 12:47:31 AM
Two things:

Porygon has been seen many times, why they have a stockade of them in Celadon Marketplace, and the others have also been seen in one part of the world or another (Pokemon wise)

And PorygonZ? The pokemon which the pokedex shouldn't know about?

Second:

There was a cave in, maybe Mewtwo was trying to stop Red from escaping? Goes to fundamentals.

That means mewtwo was never recorded as the Savage Pokemon, and more importantly it means Red would know Mewtwo by name, yet the people of Kanto don't.
---
#124Mewtwo_soulPosted 5/6/2013 12:50:13 AM
CM_Ponch posted...
Maybe not everyone knows his identity, but a large portion does. This is seen in multiple parts of the series where people correspond with his name. So even though there are less of them than the people in Metropolis or wherever that only know Superman as Superman, it doesn't disprove the point that in the Justice league Clark is the legend, Superman is frikkin alias.

And to the rest of the world, Clark is a random person and Superman is the legend. This is what you don't understand, the Justice League will never tell the world that Clark is Superman, to the world the legend is Superman, just like how to the Pokemon world, The legend is that there's a savage pokemon in Cerulean cave, not Mewtwo is in Cerulean Cave.

Hell, let's bring up legendary weapons. The sword known as noname, it literally wasn't given a name, yet there's a legend.

It literally has the name noname. Yet if it was actually named Bob and no one else knew, then when someone spoke of the legendary Bob sword, no one would know was being referred to.

I'm going to repeat it, a name is not required to be a legend. It helps in some instances ( Moltres/Zapdos/Articuno) but it is not the depending factor.

It does when you're giving the legend to a specific being and name, which in this case is Mewtwo. There are legends about Mewtwo, but none are associated with the name Mewtwo. To the pokemon world the legend is the savage pokemon, Mewtwo is just a name.

Except, the fact remains Clark is known by a decent amount of people. There could be thousands of heroes in the justice league that knows his identity. Millions who know Superman on Earth.

You're using inane logic by forgetting what a ratio is.

How many people does it take for someone to become a legend? Until you answer that your argument is half-assed at best.
--

That comparison is ignorant at best and makes no sense. Like I've already said, if a kid lives in a neighborhood and is called the biggest trouble maker, just because he isn't a legend in the city DOES NOT MEAN HE ISN'T to the people where he lives.

Legends are built by a few people and expand out. being the most savage may not be well known, or maybe it was just that one kid who didn't know Mewtwo, you have no proof other than hearsay same as myself, which is why your argument lacks any logical fundamentals.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#125Mewtwo_soulPosted 5/6/2013 12:52:18 AM
CM_Ponch posted...
Two things:

And PorygonZ? The pokemon which the pokedex shouldn't know about?

Second:

That means mewtwo was never recorded as the Savage Pokemon, and more importantly it means Red would know Mewtwo by name, yet the people of Kanto don't.

The Pokemon hadn't been encountered within that territory yet, that doesn't mean it wouldn't later. Flawed logic on your part again.

---

What the hell, that doesn't even make sense.

Red faces Mewtwo, Red tries to escape either mid battle or after (loss or win), Mewtwo pursues, causing the whole cave in.

On that note, how do you know the people of Kanto don't know of Mewtwo? Are you a mindreader? I didn't think so.
---
#126CM_Ponch(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 12:57:32 AM
Except, the fact remains Clark is known by a decent amount of people. There could be thousands of heroes in the justice league that knows his identity. Millions who know Superman on Earth.

How many people does it take for someone to become a legend? Until you answer that your argument is half-assed at best.

How are you not getting this?
No one is other than the Justice League(Scientist) and his family(Fuji) is going to associate Clark(Mewtwo) with Superman(The Savage Pokemon).

Something needs to be spread to become a legend, until Mewtwo is widely known as The Savage Pokemon of Cerulean Cave, then the legend isn't Mewtwo's. If the people that know the truth keep it a secret, than Mewtwo isn't a legend, the savage pokemon is.

That comparison is ignorant at best and makes no sense. Like I've already said, if a kid lives in a neighborhood and is called the biggest trouble maker, just because he isn't a legend in the city DOES NOT MEAN HE ISN'T to the people where he lives.

It's your comparison, and do you not realize that in this comparison the trouble maker is associated with the child's name?

Legends are built by a few people and expand out. being the most savage may not be well known, or maybe it was just that one kid who didn't know Mewtwo, you have no proof other than hearsay same as myself, which is why your argument lacks any logical fundamentals.

An entire city, the city where the legend is based on doesn't know who Mewtwo is or why he connects to the legend.
---
#127CM_Ponch(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 1:00:09 AM
The Pokemon hadn't been encountered within that territory yet, that doesn't mean it wouldn't later. Flawed logic on your part again.

It's impossible for the Pokedex to have properly registered PorygonZ since it was a third party device which no one knew about. The only person who could have registered PorygonZ was the MC which shows why the Pokedex entries aren't to be trusted.

What the hell, that doesn't even make sense.

Red faces Mewtwo, Red tries to escape either mid battle or after (loss or win), Mewtwo pursues, causing the whole cave in.

On that note, how do you know the people of Kanto don't know of Mewtwo? Are you a mindreader? I didn't think so.

The fact that they still don't refer to him by Mewtwo, despite Red knowing his name and having recorded him in the Pokedex
---
#128CM_Ponch(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 1:02:16 AM
Hell, Castform is another Pokemon that shows the Pokedex wasn't prerecorded.
---
#129Mewtwo_soulPosted 5/6/2013 1:03:02 AM
CM_Ponch posted...

How are you not getting this?
No one is other than the Justice League(Scientist) and his family(Fuji) is going to associate Clark(Mewtwo) with Superman(The Savage Pokemon).

Something needs to be spread to become a legend, until Mewtwo is widely known as The Savage Pokemon of Cerulean Cave, then the legend isn't Mewtwo's. If the people that know the truth keep it a secret, than Mewtwo isn't a legend, the savage pokemon is.

It's your comparison, and do you not realize that in this comparison the trouble maker is associated with the child's name?

An entire city, the city where the legend is based on doesn't know who Mewtwo is or why he connects to the legend.

It doesn't matter.

I'm disproving that right now. No Name had its own legend right? That's correct. Did you know that No Name was actually Excalibur. Which HAD ITS OWN FREAKING LEGEND SEPERATE from no name.

What the hell is Doppelgangers then? Some are myths, and or legendary but take on the shape of other people (having no true form, NO MOTHER ******** NAME!)

There are far more people that realize that, Pokemon Snap is prime evidence, when Prof. Oak realises the formation looks like Mewtwo., the thieves who ramsacked Cinnabar Mansion and more. Some may know Mewtwo but we don't know, we can't read their minds.

No, a name is not always associated, in fact some legends are among the likes of "That troublesome child at the end of the block." See any name? Nope.He's still a legend on that block.

Again, where is your evidence nobody in Cerulean knows Mewtwo's name? Didn't think so. 1 Child does not represent everybody. He could have been a passerbye who forgot Mewtwo's name for all YOU know.
---
#130Mewtwo_soulPosted 5/6/2013 1:05:38 AM
CM_Ponch posted...
Hell, Castform is another Pokemon that shows the Pokedex wasn't prerecorded.

Created by scientist> Told to professors in advance.

Prof. Oak knew Mewtwo by acknowledgin the formation that looked like it.

---

Again, how many people does it take to make something a legend.

How can a doppelganger have a legend, No Name (which resides within a different mythology as a legendary weapon even though it was truly Excalibur.) Which had it's own mythos and legends?

How can Soul Edge be a Legend when it takes on any shape the owner desires?

Because an absolute identity IS NOT needed to be a legend.

You will forever be wrong thinking incorrectly like that.
---