This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What makes Mewtwo legendary?

#41CM_Ponch(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 8:44:27 PM
My point was, a person doesn't have to talk about a Pokemon for people to know about it.

They do when it has a legend behind it.
The Johto beasts aren't legendary because they're rare, they're legendary because they have a legend behind them. Mewtwo has none because few know of his existence.
On that note, the Poke'dex has information on Mewtwo which means somebody must have seen it or noticed it, especially since it knows so much (something only the creators: IE: Head scientist Blaine and co could only know) by having that information available in all regions means all the scientist and professor certainly know of it.

The same Pokedex that claims a boy woke up as a Kadabra.

Just like Genesect and Team Plasma considering multiple Team Plasma scientist worked on it.

Pro tip: Acknowledging something doesn't equate to being the same as someone knowing about it.

Then go ahead and explain the legend behind Genesect

Powerful and rare=/=Legendary
---
http://i.minus.com/ibaA0poozfqtmX.gif
http://i.imgur.com/0Ccy1.png
#42Mewtwo_soulPosted 5/5/2013 8:47:43 PM(edited)
CM_Ponch posted...
My point was, a person doesn't have to talk about a Pokemon for people to know about it.

They do when it has a legend behind it.
The Johto beasts aren't legendary because they're rare, they're legendary because they have a legend behind them. Mewtwo has none because few know of his existence.
On that note, the Poke'dex has information on Mewtwo which means somebody must have seen it or noticed it, especially since it knows so much (something only the creators: IE: Head scientist Blaine and co could only know) by having that information available in all regions means all the scientist and professor certainly know of it.

The same Pokedex that claims a boy woke up as a Kadabra.

Just like Genesect and Team Plasma considering multiple Team Plasma scientist worked on it.

Pro tip: Acknowledging something doesn't equate to being the same as someone knowing about it.

Then go ahead and explain the legend behind Genesect

Powerful and rare=/=Legendary

The pokedex that actually has knowledge on a one of a kind being that you said was only acknowledged by Red and one dead scientist.

Brilliant logic there buddy, because my point is proven. Yours has been disproven.

Thank you.

Second:

Any Pokemon that is experimented on by scientists in general are considered Legendary.

I win.

Oh, and stop trying to use your failic version of what a Legend means, it isn't in this context. So you're trolling attempt still failed. Thanks.

Edit: Oh and what is the Legend of Articuno or Zapdos other than being part ice and electric respectively?
Thanks again for proving my point.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#43SammySueRicePosted 5/5/2013 8:47:33 PM
You guys are nerds and this argument is stupid. Mewtwo sucks by the way. DBZ rip off.
#44CM_Ponch(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 8:48:14 PM
The pokedex that actually has knowledge on a one of a kind being that you said was only acknowledged by Red and one dead scientist.

Except it doesn't have knowledge on Mewtwo until Red encounters it.

Any Pokemon that is experimented on by scientists in general are considered Legendary.

So Porygon is legendary?

Oh, and stop trying to use your failic version of what a Legend means, it isn't in this context. So you're trolling attempt still failed. Thanks.

The actual definition of legendary
---
#45Mewtwo_soulPosted 5/5/2013 8:48:25 PM
SammySueRice posted...
You guys are nerds and this argument is stupid. Mewtwo sucks by the way. DBZ rip off.

>Calling people nerds on Game Faqs
>Trying to sound smart

Pick one.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#46Mewtwo_soulPosted 5/5/2013 8:50:10 PM
CM_Ponch posted...

So Porygon is legendary?

It still has the data contained on it. Why there is a space for #150, if you have Mew before Mewtwo. :)

Porygon is a cyber space existing Pokemon. It wasn't actually experimented on in a physical realm.

Nice try.

The actual definition does not matter. Even if it does it still applies. Because you've already been voided on your half-assed attempts at points.
---
#47CM_Ponch(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 8:52:13 PM
It still has the data contained on it. Why there is a space for #150, if you have Mew before Mewtwo. :)

Why does Pichu come after Raichu?

Porygon is a cyber space existing Pokemon. It wasn't actually experimented on in a physical realm.

So it was a manmade pokemon like Mewtwo and Genesect, got it. Legendary.

The actual definition does not matter. Even if it does it still applies. Because you've already been voided on your half-assed attempts at points

lol
---
#48endergamer537Posted 5/5/2013 8:52:37 PM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
CM_Ponch posted...

So Porygon is legendary?

Nice try.

The actual definition does not matter. Even if it does it still applies. Because you've already been voided on your half-assed attempts at points.

Porygon's BW2 Pokedex entry: "A man-made Pokémon created using advanced scientific means. It can move freely in cyberspace."
---
Official Boo of WF
Feel the RAAAAAWWWK!
#49Mewtwo_soulPosted 5/5/2013 8:53:46 PM
Mewtwo and Genesect are Genetically modified from another Pokemon.

Porygon was not.

No U.
---
#50Mewtwo_soulPosted 5/5/2013 8:54:43 PM
CM_Ponch posted...

Why does Pichu come after Raichu?

So it was a manmade pokemon like Mewtwo and Genesect, got it. Legendary.

The actual definition does not matter. Even if it does it still applies. Because you've already been voided on your half-assed attempts at points

lol

Based on region.

Porygon was not genetically altered into existence. Both Genesect and Mewtwo were. K thanks.

Again trying half-assed attempts to mock my statements doesn't help you.
---