This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What makes Mewtwo legendary?

#71Mewtwo_soulPosted 5/5/2013 9:24:12 PM
CM_Ponch posted...
Get over it. Whether you want to try and use idiotic rationalization

>Using actual definition
>idiotic rationalization
Seems you're upset someone questioned your precious Mewtwo

No, I'd be upset if you used idiot logic to try and disprove any Pokemon that is a legend from being a legend when it is 100% obvious they are or confirmed to be.

Instead you went on a tangent of trolling, trying to create circle logic to back up some stupid idiotic beliefs you had and got beat in the process.

Game over bro, you lose.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#72Mewtwo_soulPosted 5/5/2013 9:25:50 PM
CM_Ponch posted...
Get over it. Whether you want to try and use idiotic rationalization

>Using actual definition
>idiotic rationalization
Seems you're upset someone questioned your precious Mewtwo

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/legend

leg·end (ljnd)
n.
a. An unverified story handed down from earlier times, especially one popularly believed to be historical.
b. A body or collection of such stories.
c. A romanticized or popularized myth of modern times.
2. One that inspires legends or achieves legendary fame.
a. An inscription or a title on an object, such as a coin.
b. An explanatory caption accompanying an illustration.
c. An explanatory table or list of the symbols appearing on a map or chart.

That is the real definition of legendary. One of the three major definitions to be exact.

You lose again.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#73CM_Ponch(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 9:26:32 PM

Which Mewtwo hasn't done.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibaA0poozfqtmX.gif
http://i.imgur.com/0Ccy1.png
#74Mewtwo_soulPosted 5/5/2013 9:27:40 PM
CM_Ponch posted...

Most savage Pokemon, abilities were raised to the ultimate.

That's what legendary means. Achieving ULTIMATE POWER isn't legendary?

Being known as THE MOST SAVAGE being isn't legendary?

No, stop trying. You failed.
---
#75CM_Ponch(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 9:30:35 PM
CM_Ponch posted...

Which no one knows about.

Arceus isn't legendary for being rare and powerful, he's a legend because he's believed to be the creator of the Pokemon universe
Mew isn't legendary because it's rare, it's legendary because it's believed to be the blueprint pokemon
Mewtwo has no legend, few know of him and they don't speak of him. He's never referred to as "Mewtwo, the most savage pokemon." He's referred to as "The savage pokemon." A savage pokemon's existence is known, but no one knows of Mewtwo.
---
#76Mewtwo_soulPosted 5/5/2013 9:33:00 PM
CM_Ponch posted...
CM_Ponch posted...

Which no one knows about.

Arceus isn't legendary for being rare and powerful, he's a legend because he's believed to be the creator of the Pokemon universe
Mew isn't legendary because it's rare, it's legendary because it's believed to be the blueprint pokemon
Mewtwo has no legend, few know of him and they don't speak of him. He's never referred to as "Mewtwo, the most savage pokemon." He's referred to as "The savage pokemon." A savage pokemon's existence is known, but no one knows of Mewtwo.

Apparantly somebody does know about Mewtwo, actually a lot of people do.

You can't be known as "the most savage Pokemon" without a decent amount of people recognizing you as such.

It'd be like saying Doomsday isn't a legend, when he is known as the man who killed Super Man. He may not be talked about all the time, but the fact he is recognised as such shows quite a few acknowledge it.

Again, stop trying. You've already lost.
---
#77CM_Ponch(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 9:35:54 PM(edited)

You can't be known as "the most savage Pokemon" without a decent amount of people recognizing you as such.

It'd be like saying Doomsday isn't a legend, when he is known as the man who killed Super Man. He may not be talked about all the time, but the fact he is recognised as such shows quite a few acknowledge it.

The difference is people call Doomsday by name, they know who Doomsday is.
There's a legend around Doomsday's name. Mewtwo doesn't have a legend surrounding his name.

All people know is that there's a savage pokemon in Cerulean Cave, they don't know what Mewtwo is.
---
#78Mewtwo_soulPosted 5/5/2013 9:38:15 PM
CM_Ponch posted...

The difference is people call Doomsday by name, they know who Doomsday is.
There a legend around Doomsday's name. Mewtwo doesn't have a legend surrounding his name.

All people know is that there's a savage pokemon in Cerulean Cave, they don't know what Mewtwo.

You can't have a title without large recognition. You can't be the "most powerful, savage, beautiful, ugly, etc." without large recognition. The Pokedex and other info sources on Pokemon use the title "Most savage" because it is widely recognised as such.

Which means REGARDLESS THAT YOUR BRAIN DOESN'T UNDERSTAND THAT NPCS are programmed to say specific things, going over Mewtwo every two seconds would be dumb, just as the remnants of your argument are.

Didn't I just tell you it's over?
You're only looking desperate now.

Until you can give me a reason a title doesn't mean something is well known, you've lost. (And I mean title, as in "Most powerful, Man of steel, etc."
---
#79Skull_proPosted 5/5/2013 10:22:25 PM
BassGSX posted...
Perhaps it's legendary for its sheer power and capabilities? You're trying to apply too much logic on a basis which the game does not supplement too well towards. We'll just go with some of the gameplay aspects that consider it "legendary"

- High BST (Don't come at me with Slaking..)
- Only one
- Origin oriented
- Presented as one of the strongest Pokemon in the entire world

The ''High BST'', ''Presented as one of the strongest'' and ''only one'' argument don't work anymore. We've seen a few pokemon with lower base stats (Phione, The Legendary Beast/Bird/Golem) and some Legendaries have been confirmed to exist in several numbers (The Lati@s, Manaphy, Phionne, The Gen IV dragon Trio)

I do agree with ''Origin oriented'', though

That said. To me, a legendary pokemon should have some sort of story involved around it. Mewtwo has non, since it's a recently man-made pokemon. So he is not legendary.
---
Live like a windrammer as you **** while seeing futures in balls
#80dwdwdw6Posted 5/5/2013 11:12:27 PM
Ok MewtwoSoul let me just come out and say this. The way you fell for a joke topic this obvious is simply astonishing.