This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What makes Mewtwo legendary?

#91CM_Ponch(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 10:55:41 PM
They are myths.

You want to know something I'm going to use your same idiotic logic against you:

Kadabra's Pokedex: it is rumored that a boy with psychic abilities suddenly transformed into Kadabra while he was assisting research into extrasensory powers.

Did it say Kadabra turned into a boy, no. It said, it is rumoured. In other words means of gossip intrepited as a rumour.

And that's its pokedex entry, proof that the Pokedex isn't something professionally written.
Do you really think Professor Oak decided that should be used as Kadabra's info?
You want more?
Cubone being born with its dead mother's skull,
Shedinja killing anyone who looks at its back.

Keep trying.

Your alts, because they come into say one thing moments before you reappear and then after getting shot down (stating the same comments you say quote for quote) they are never heard from again. Please.

I left the topic for two hours, but yeah you're right, I switched into my alts just to back up my argument.

The Pokedex states rumours, myths, and legends of the Pokemon in question. Those myths come from the same mouths of the unreliables who came up with the Kadabra rumour.

So you admit the Pokedex is unreliable, good.

So in other words, if the Pokedex is meaningless or voided, so are the legends spoken about in the games.

It's like you don't understand the concept of a legend.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibaA0poozfqtmX.gif
http://i.imgur.com/0Ccy1.png
#92CM_Ponch(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 10:59:03 PM
CM_Ponch I'm glad you're so ignorant of your own logic.

You literally cited the definition of legend and then claimed it fit Mewtwo despite being told why it doesn't.

If someone in game talks about the Pokemon it's a myth, converged into a legend and not the absolute truth. Either way, you didn't counter the title thing, so I'll just move on, your loss. It's easy to see.

That's what a legend is, and notice no one talks about Mewtwo. There's no known legend behind him.

Ya know, if you really think about it, doesn't the fact that nobody talks or knows about mewtwo make him even more legendary than most? Think about it. A lot of people in the pokemon world know about Arceus and the trio and what not...but then there's the legend of how Cinibar islands laboratory blew up, the remnants of papers scattered about with the description of a pokemon made from mew, and then the sightings of an incredibly powerful and unknown pokemon who lives deep within the scary ass cave near cerulean city. To me, that sounds more legendary than most. There's definitely a legend about mewtwo, it's just that not every body has heard the legend. I'm sure there's people in the pokemon world who hasn't heard of the three musketeers or arceus, but it doesn't make them any less of a legend.

Now this is a good point.
---
#93Mewtwo_soulPosted 5/5/2013 10:59:28 PM
CM_Ponch posted...
They are myths.

You want to know something I'm going to use your same idiotic logic against you:

Kadabra's Pokedex: it is rumored that a boy with psychic abilities suddenly transformed into Kadabra while he was assisting research into extrasensory powers.

Did it say Kadabra turned into a boy, no. It said, it is rumoured. In other words means of gossip intrepited as a rumour.

And that's its pokedex entry, proof that the Pokedex isn't something professionally written.
Do you really think Professor Oak decided that should be used as Kadabra's info?
You want more?
Cubone being born with its dead mother's skull,
Shedinja killing anyone who looks at its back.

Keep trying.

Your alts, because they come into say one thing moments before you reappear and then after getting shot down (stating the same comments you say quote for quote) they are never heard from again. Please.

I left the topic for two hours, but yeah you're right, I switched into my alts just to back up my argument.

The Pokedex states rumours, myths, and legends of the Pokemon in question. Those myths come from the same mouths of the unreliables who came up with the Kadabra rumour.

So you admit the Pokedex is unreliable, good.

So in other words, if the Pokedex is meaningless or voided, so are the legends spoken about in the games.

It's like you don't understand the concept of a legend.

It's obvious you aren't reading.

All myths and legends within the games are based on hearsay. The fact remains the only thing truly defining legends is Nintendo, and not you. Thank god with such half assed logic.

The Pokedex is meant to give variable data and tidbits of Pokemon lore and information, just as scientist due with mythologies so it makes pefect sense.

Yes, nobody backs you up until you just come back, that's really not suspicious, stating everything the way you say it without their own ideas./sarcasm. Try harder.

A legend can be created through title. You've failed again, now you're just ignoring the argument because you admit you've been proven wrong. Thanks again.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#94Mewtwo_soulPosted 5/5/2013 11:00:54 PM
CM_Ponch posted...
CM_Ponch I'm glad you're so ignorant of your own logic.

You literally cited the definition of legend and then claimed it fit Mewtwo despite being told why it doesn't.

If someone in game talks about the Pokemon it's a myth, converged into a legend and not the absolute truth. Either way, you didn't counter the title thing, so I'll just move on, your loss. It's easy to see.

That's what a legend is, and notice no one talks about Mewtwo. There's no known legend behind him.

Ya know, if you really think about it, doesn't the fact that nobody talks or knows about mewtwo make him even more legendary than most? Think about it. A lot of people in the pokemon world know about Arceus and the trio and what not...but then there's the legend of how Cinibar islands laboratory blew up, the remnants of papers scattered about with the description of a pokemon made from mew, and then the sightings of an incredibly powerful and unknown pokemon who lives deep within the scary ass cave near cerulean city. To me, that sounds more legendary than most. There's definitely a legend about mewtwo, it's just that not every body has heard the legend. I'm sure there's people in the pokemon world who hasn't heard of the three musketeers or arceus, but it doesn't make them any less of a legend.

Now this is a good point.

You've already lost bro.

You went against the definition provided earlier. Trying to counter that proves how foolish you're being.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#95CM_Ponch(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 11:07:21 PM
All myths and legends within the games are based on hearsay.

But that's wrong.
The time and space trio is witnessed by numerous people as are the emotion trio
Ethan and Cynthia watch Arceus warp reality to create a new Dialga/Palkia/Giratina
All of Hoenn witnessed the weather trio

The Pokedex is meant to give variable data and tidbits of Pokemon lore and information, just as scientist due with mythologies so it makes pefect sense.

The Pokedex claims Banette was a plush doll despite it evolving from Shuppet and being able to breed. The Pokedex claims Cubone wears its dead mother's skull, these are disproven by simply looking at the pokemon. The pokemon with legends surrounding them show that their legends are based on fact. Mewtwo on the other hand has no legends surrounding him.

Yes, nobody backs you up until you just come back, that's really not suspicious, stating everything the way you say it without their own ideas./sarcasm. Try harder.

I'll give you a list of my alts right now to shut you up

A legend can be created through title. You've failed again, now you're just ignoring the argument because you admit you've been proven wrong. Thanks again.

And in order for someone to have a title, he must be known.
---
#96CM_Ponch(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 11:08:44 PM
You've already lost bro.

You went against the definition provided earlier. Trying to counter that proves how foolish you're being.

2. One that inspires legends or achieves legendary fame.
Neither of which Mewtwo has done.
---
#97Mewtwo_soulPosted 5/5/2013 11:11:16 PM(edited)
CM_Ponch posted...
All myths and legends within the games are based on hearsay.

But that's wrong.
The time and space trio is witnessed by numerous people as are the emotion trio
Ethan and Cynthia watch Arceus warp reality to create a new Dialga/Palkia/Giratina
All of Hoenn witnessed the weather trio

The Pokedex claims Banette was a plush doll despite it evolving from Shuppet and being able to breed. The Pokedex claims Cubone wears its dead mother's skull, these are disproven by simply looking at the pokemon. The pokemon with legends surrounding them show that their legends are based on fact. Mewtwo on the other hand has no legends surrounding him.

I'll give you a list of my alts right now to shut you up

And in order for someone to have a title, he must be known.

I'm going to ignore every single part of your comment except the last.

He is known as the most savage Pokemon.

That means he is now. You lose.

Try again?

Numerous people have seen Mewtwo everyone in Cerulean, Everyone in the Cinnabar island mansion who did not die (Blaine and all of his scientist lackeys were part of it. Considering Blain is the head scientist)

Red and more. It didn't get the title most savage because it gave a dirty look and looked smug all the time.

Edit : Actually thanks for proving my point. Mewtwo has a title, thus he is well know.
---
#98Mewtwo_soulPosted 5/5/2013 11:10:46 PM
CM_Ponch posted...
You've already lost bro.

2. One that inspires legends or achieves legendary fame.
Neither of which Mewtwo has done.

Becoming super powerful by in game legend (Read Cinnabar logs) proves he has aspired to legendary status. Mewtwo even has a title.

Try again?
---
#99CM_Ponch(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 11:13:12 PM
He is known as the most savage Pokemon

No he is not. Are you claiming Arcanine is the only legendary pokemon?
Numerous people have seen Mewtwo everyone in Cerulean,

No
veryone in the Cinnabar island mansion who did not die (Blaine and all of his scientist lackeys were part of it. Considering Blain is the head scientist)

And they say nothing of it
Red and more. It didn't get the title most savage because it gave a dirty look and looked smug all the time.

So Cubone wears its dead mothers skull even though its mother is still alive, Charizard can melt anything, Banette is a doll, etc.
---
#100Mewtwo_soulPosted 5/5/2013 11:13:55 PM
CM_Ponch posted...
He is known as the most savage Pokemon

No he is not. Are you claiming Arcanine is the only legendary pokemon?
Numerous people have seen Mewtwo everyone in Cerulean,

No
veryone in the Cinnabar island mansion who did not die (Blaine and all of his scientist lackeys were part of it. Considering Blain is the head scientist)

And they say nothing of it

So Cubone wears its dead mothers skull even though its mother is still alive, Charizard can melt anything, Banette is a doll, etc.

So Mewtwo isn't known at all, yet a company made a Poke'doll in game for it, without knowing it existed.

Nice way to make a logic fail there.
---