This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sylveon is a fighting type

#31VegantoKeensPosted 5/6/2013 1:21:40 AM
Nothing about that looks like it should be taken seriously.
---
GMT + 1
PSN = William-Lake
#32Renjiro7Posted 5/6/2013 4:08:10 PM
Shadow_StarWolf posted...

Its name still has nothing to do with fighting. Vapor is at least related to water.

Vapor is barely related to any liquid though - when one thinks of vapor it's mostly gas.

Same with Umbreon - it's not the "dark" type used in Pokemon.

But you can say "water vapor"... try using "fighting" and "fairy" together with any relation to one another... and Umbreon's name means shadow, I believe.
#33Great_ReapettePosted 5/6/2013 4:26:23 PM
Renjiro7 posted...
Shadow_StarWolf posted...

Its name still has nothing to do with fighting. Vapor is at least related to water.

Vapor is barely related to any liquid though - when one thinks of vapor it's mostly gas.

Same with Umbreon - it's not the "dark" type used in Pokemon.

But you can say "water vapor"... try using "fighting" and "fairy" together with any relation to one another... and Umbreon's name means shadow, I believe.

Umbreon= Umbra+Eon
Umbra= Darkest part of shadow

How about mercury vapour? Or sodium vapour?

Sodium amalgam-type confirmed.
---
Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you, staring into your soul, using its duckiness.
QUACK.
#34Strain42Posted 5/6/2013 4:41:53 PM
Umbreon does make me curious since the element is simply called Evil in Japan, so I'm curious as to what Umbreon's Japanese name is and how it connects to Evil, not Darkness.

...admittedly I could just look that up in like 2 minutes...and yet I'm not...I guess I just don't care that badly.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
#35Great_ReapettePosted 5/6/2013 4:42:57 PM
Strain42 posted...
Umbreon does make me curious since the element is simply called Evil in Japan, so I'm curious as to what Umbreon's Japanese name is and how it connects to Evil, not Darkness.

...admittedly I could just look that up in like 2 minutes...and yet I'm not...I guess I just don't care that badly.

It's Blacky.

Source: Best Official Names polls.
---
Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you, staring into your soul, using its duckiness.
QUACK.
#36Wings of FortePosted 5/6/2013 6:22:57 PM
Actually it makes perfect sense. Any fighter entering the ring looking like Sylveon must surely be so mighty it doesn't need to look tough.
---
A.K.A Red Dingo
#37lighting_deityPosted 5/6/2013 6:27:11 PM
Game freak has done more troll

Just ask flareon
---
http://i.imgur.com/HFqlhlW.jpg
#38Strain42Posted 5/6/2013 6:30:42 PM(edited)
"When you've been living in a world of badasses as long as we have, you don't get scared when you see someone who's good in a fight or who looks tough in a leather jacket. The ones who really give you the creeps are the ones who look normal like Sylveon. Just think about it. There's one little bunny rabbit living happily with a pride of lions. DON'T YOU THINK THAT WOULD BE ONE BADASS BUNNY!?"

"...You're right, that'd be one hell of a rabbit."
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
#39Wings of FortePosted 5/6/2013 8:48:21 PM
Strain42 posted...
"When you've been living in a world of badasses as long as we have, you don't get scared when you see someone who's good in a fight or who looks tough in a leather jacket. The ones who really give you the creeps are the ones who look normal like Sylveon. Just think about it. There's one little bunny rabbit living happily with a pride of lions. DON'T YOU THINK THAT WOULD BE ONE BADASS BUNNY!?"

"...You're right, that'd be one hell of a rabbit."

Cromartie High?
---
A.K.A Red Dingo
#40nightblade_hawkPosted 5/6/2013 9:52:41 PM
I still think it's normal or flying.