This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Here is something that NOBODY has considered yet for this game.

#1TBF Bri 10Posted 5/5/2013 8:50:00 PM
Game Freak likes to test out features for future Pokemon games as minor features in past games. For instance, in Gen II, they tested out the different formes feature on Unown (although it wasn't called that). They later expanded on this in Gen III for Castform and Deoxys. Everyone's been wondering what the type of the new Eeveelution, Sylveon, will be. There are arguments for Normal, Flying, Fairy, and Light. While everyone is paying attention to this and the new Mewtwo forme, there's something else I've been wondering.

Kyurem is the only Pokemon so far to have been able to combine itself with another Pokemon. What are they odds they introduce this again in a different way? What if there's a group of Pokemon that can combine with each other to give different typings, stats, moves, etc.? What if they make a single Pokemon capable of being any type it wants (similar to Arceus, but without the plates) with weak stats and can only learn one move that is the same type as it (like Unown) but can combine to form any type it wants, satisfying everybody who wants their own dual-typed Pokemon?

Such an idea seems implausible, but I don't think we've seen the last of combining two Pokemon together.
---
Survivor of 60-Day Purgatory
"Do you know that it's only beginning?" - Ron Paul
#2ReachOutToTruthPosted 5/5/2013 8:58:17 PM
So...Sylveon could be some sort of eevee hybrid? Like, combine any two Eevees and get a Sylveon of the types you combined?

That'd be interesting.
---
<3 and (/|\) !
http://i.imgur.com/khPxrAW.png
#3NekoHime64Posted 5/5/2013 8:59:28 PM
Good for you! While everyone else was distracted by Newtwo and a pink eevee evo, you've actually been thinking originally. I salute you :).

I think it would make a lot of sense as well. Besides Kyurem, there was that whole Carracosta/Shelmet deal. Another thing they've been messing with is pokemon that change based on seasons. Here's hoping they make a pokemon with changeable types depending on what season it is ^_^
---
FF IX was better than FFVII. THERE, I SAID IT!!!
#4Mewtwo_soulPosted 5/5/2013 9:04:12 PM
I hate that posters are saying this is original. (No offense to you TC many others have thought of this before.)

Whether it will or not, remains to be seen, hopefully if they do add a decent amount of merging Pokemon, they will not be terrible/etc.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#5SammySueRicePosted 5/5/2013 9:18:48 PM
Lame.

Just give Pokemon machine guns and rocket launchers already.
#6smokinace829Posted 5/5/2013 9:29:47 PM
SammySueRice posted...
Lame.

Just give Pokemon machine guns and rocket launchers already.

Digimon....GO
---
Brawl FC: 2106-1173-5330
GT : Brutaltw0
#7fleetfoxsPosted 5/5/2013 9:33:19 PM
implausible, but at least it's not another "Sylveon will be X type because Y obscure anecdote" topic.
---
Hardcore.
#8javel34Posted 5/5/2013 9:39:26 PM
Here is something nobody thought of yet......newtwo is really the evo for kecleon
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208
#9Skull_proPosted 5/5/2013 10:24:24 PM
TC, I love Pokemon just as much as I love Digimon.

But as a Pokedigi fan, it's best to keep them away from each others as much as possible.
---
Live like a windrammer as you **** while seeing futures in balls
#10RingsOfUranusPosted 5/5/2013 11:46:25 PM
I was starting to think Sylveon would be similar to Arceus, in that it changes type depending on the item held, though not stats. So have it hold a thunderstone, it keeps its original stats (Probably base 100s) with the ability to learn jolteon's move set.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 1636-3783-8366
Ipsylos: Psyduck easily is the best representation of Christianity on Pokemon period.