This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

5th move slot?

#11Marcx629Posted 5/6/2013 5:56:41 AM(edited)
bretonftw posted...
Great_Reapette posted...
Tell you what.
I'll agree to this when you can tell how to make a square with five blocks. No more, no fewer.

Equally sized and shaped blocks?

Five rectangles to make up the square. If the square is 5x5, make all of the rectangles 1x5 or make them all 5x1
---
In case of a Zombie Apocalypse, follow me!
Add my 3DS FC: 2535-4356-9059 Name:Marcx
#12RollerBobPosted 5/6/2013 6:52:16 AM
I'm all for additional move slots actually. However, what I'd like to get is swappable moves.
- Each Pokémon still have 4 move slots.
- Each Pokémon also have 2 backup move slots.
- Before battle, trainers could swap moves.

Let's say that your Charizard has these moves:
-Fire Blast
-Air Slash
-Focus Blast
-Roost
-Solarbeam (b)
-Sunny Day (b)

Well for one battle, it could have:
-Fire Blast
-Air Slash
-Focus Blast
-Roost

For another battle, you could rearrange it to:
-Fire Blast
-Roost
-Solarbeam
-Sunny Day

See where I'm getting at?
---
Yes, I'm Canadian. Yes, I speak french. Yes, I live in Quebec.
#13pokemonfreak97Posted 5/6/2013 7:05:46 AM
Marcx629 posted...
bretonftw posted...
Great_Reapette posted...
Tell you what.
I'll agree to this when you can tell how to make a square with five blocks. No more, no fewer.

Five rectangles to make up the square. If the square is 5x5, make all of the rectangles 1x5 or make them all 5x1

Or, even with square blocks, put four in the corners and one in the center and make the square 3x3. But the biggest thing it would do is help versatile Pokémon and those who like to use boost moves.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#14Great_ReapettePosted 5/6/2013 7:07:31 AM
pokemonfreak97 posted...
Or, even with square blocks, put four in the corners and one in the center and make the square 3x3.

That's an X. Not a square.
---
Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you, staring into your soul, using its duckiness.
QUACK.
#15dudeman514Posted 5/6/2013 7:28:40 AM
Great_Reapette posted...
bretonftw posted...
Great_Reapette posted...
Tell you what.

Correct.

Couldn't you just put 4 blocks in a square shape right next to each other, then place the last directly on top of the one of the others. Then when you look from directly above it, it'll look like a square, but there would still be five blocks.
That or throw one of the blocks out the window and arrange the others into a square.
---
Gaming, the most expensive hobby outside of crack and being an arsonist, I'm right there with you.
#16EnferolunosPosted 5/6/2013 7:35:11 AM
And the topic degenerates into geometry
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#17RethalwolfPosted 5/6/2013 7:48:23 AM
RollerBob posted...
I'm all for additional move slots actually. However, what I'd like to get is swappable moves.
- Each Pokémon still have 4 move slots.
- Each Pokémon also have 2 backup move slots.
- Before battle, trainers could swap moves.

Let's say that your Charizard has these moves:
-Fire Blast
-Air Slash
-Focus Blast
-Roost
-Solarbeam (b)
-Sunny Day (b)

Well for one battle, it could have:
-Fire Blast
-Air Slash
-Focus Blast
-Roost

For another battle, you could rearrange it to:
-Fire Blast
-Roost
-Solarbeam
-Sunny Day

See where I'm getting at?

I like this idea, and would add that I think anything taught by an HM should be permanently useable, though not necessarily in battle. Separate the move from the ability; teach both or just the ability (or perhaps just the attack if you have another with the ability and don't like any but your HM dog having a list), but keep the ability retained, so we can change all moves on the fly.
But that's just a mechanic choice.
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
#18Great_ReapettePosted 5/6/2013 7:55:55 AM
dudeman514 posted...
Great_Reapette posted...
bretonftw posted...
Great_Reapette posted...
Tell you what.

Correct.

Couldn't you just put 4 blocks in a square shape right next to each other, then place the last directly on top of the one of the others. Then when you look from directly above it, it'll look like a square, but there would still be five blocks.
That or throw one of the blocks out the window and arrange the others into a square.

...Except it's a polyhedron with eleven faces now.

But I like the second idea.
---
Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you, staring into your soul, using its duckiness.
QUACK.
#19SteveBobPosted 5/6/2013 8:51:40 AM
Mewtwo says yes to a 5th slot.
---
Would you kindly read this signature?...
PSN: SteveBob7 YouTube: SteveBob104
#20ArabianPenguinsPosted 5/6/2013 8:59:06 AM
Having four moves is fine, but it would be nice HM moves could be learned without taking up a move slot. And it would be nice if we had the option to switch the HM move in and out of the Pokemon's move pool if we pleased.
---
Cal State Northridge. Matador Pride
3DS Friend Code: 0619-3434-9146