This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Discussing those not so discussed pokemon day 2: Cacturne

#1EvolutionUberPosted 5/6/2013 5:04:15 AM
Results:
Houndoom: Most of us loved the design but want him earlier on in the game

Upcoming:
Steelix

Today is brought to you by themagicpainman

Cacturne has that menacing look to him with that nice sub type of dark. 115 in both attacking stats is very nice will never be ou because of dat speed but more then passable in game.

Please remember to nominate for future days.
---
ANZ's most hated
#2themagicpainmanPosted 5/6/2013 6:47:19 AM
While that low speed is what really keeps him down, he compensates for it with some solid moves and a fairly useful ability. Sucker Punch helps his speed problems a bit, though it's unreliable and predictable.

He can destroy with the right setup. Still, he's in NU for a reason. But I really like his design and typing. Would be interesting to see him get an evo... Or at least access to a speed-boosting move.
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#3NumberXIPosted 5/6/2013 7:16:12 AM
I love underrated Pokes. Never used him but he was good enough for Sidney so Im happy.
#4Arne83Posted 5/6/2013 7:22:35 AM
It's creepy. That's enough of a reason for me to like it.
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
#5themagicpainmanPosted 5/6/2013 7:25:14 AM
It has one of my favorite Pokedex entries. I always like the concept of a predator stalking something patiently until it's completely worn out. All the better when you'll never see it coming because it's a cactus.
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#6Brandon042487Posted 5/6/2013 7:26:10 AM
Between Cacturne and Shiftry for Grass/Dark typing

Cacturne is more freighting and cool looking.
---
<(x_x)>
#7WindyligthPosted 5/6/2013 7:27:13 AM
I used to use a Cacturn back on a Trick Room doubles team back in gen 4. I needed a special sweeper and he fit the role perfectly.

He was a little frail though, and needed a focus sash. Still he could do work once Trick Room was set up.
---
I am here to promote the discussion and appreciation of Fennekin.
#8Decon082Posted 5/6/2013 8:50:53 AM
I've always liked Cacturne. He's not available too late in the Hoenn games, but I've just never found myself using one, just because there are so many other Pokemon from Hoenn I like more. I'll probably try to use one in my next Emerald run though,
---
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X boards.
http://www.youtube.com/Decon082/
#9EvolutionUber(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 3:29:30 PM
Bump
---
ANZ's most hated
#10Thepenguinking2Posted 5/6/2013 4:14:16 PM
Pretty cool. I prefer maractus though.
---
Deviantart: http://espio143.deviantart.com/
The Official Shiny Zangoose of the X/y Board!