This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Stealth Rock was removed this gen, or banned from competitive batting..

#1Hierarchy225Posted 5/6/2013 9:22:59 AM
What would be your reaction?

I would be beyond pissed.
#2Great_ReapettePosted 5/6/2013 9:23:31 AM
YEAH CHARlZARD
---
Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you, staring into your soul, using its duckiness.
QUACK.
#3kingjam1Posted 5/6/2013 9:24:46 AM
Volcarona FTW. Charizard would still suck.
---
Can't think of anything
#4Hierarchy225(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 9:26:21 AM
Great_Reapette posted...
YEAH CHARlZARD

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Charizard still wouldn't be that good. Might be bumped up to RU though.

Volcarona would probably end up being used in Ubers.
#5SilverSockPosted 5/6/2013 9:26:55 AM
I'd actually be happy. I'm amazed people are so OK with it considering how heavily it factors into the game, going so far as to be factored in as a given for many damage calculations and making any Pokemon with a rock weakness an instant liability.
---
I summoned a baby to attract a lion. It didn't seem to work, so I tried a delicious baby.
Regular baby ATE delicious baby. Horror....horror.~Gameplayingperson
#6Hierarchy225(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 9:28:08 AM
SilverSock posted...
I'd actually be happy. I'm amazed people are so OK with it considering how heavily it factors into the game, going so far as to be factored in as a given for many damage calculations and making any Pokemon with a rock weakness an instant liability.

If there was no stealth rock Volcarona would be a bigger pain in the ass to deal with though.
#7paiprPosted 5/6/2013 9:49:08 AM
Hierarchy225 posted...
SilverSock posted...

If there was no stealth rock Volcarona would be a bigger pain in the ass to deal with though.

but not a bigger pain than stealth rock.

i dont use stealth rock nor do i competitively play so it wouldnt faze me that much. i think id lean on the side of ok since the move does seem to insta ruin several pokemon.
---
am i the only person that whishes game faqs offered the option to cut peoples comments from you topics?
#8iKhanicPosted 5/6/2013 10:07:34 AM
Hierarchy225 posted...
Great_Reapette posted...
YEAH CHARlZARD

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Charizard still wouldn't be that good. Might be bumped up to RU though.

You vastly underestimate the role of stealth rock.

Charizard was BL before Stealth Rock came into existence. It got even better with Solar Power, but that has the same problem belly drum did: It sucks huge amounts of HP from a poke that loses half it health from switching in.

Volcarona, pretty much has a perfect combination of stats and movepool. It's already one of the top contenders in OU, even though it loses half it's health on switch in. W/o stealth rock, it would have even fewer checks, and it would be broken
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#9BoyOfBattlePosted 5/6/2013 10:10:04 AM
i'd boycott the gen unless focus sash gets banned
---
NO TROLLOING!!! ~game_lover_man
Spurs. "Bat" Manu. Tony Parkour. Tim Duncan "You." we already won.
#10pokemonzeroPosted 5/6/2013 10:22:53 AM(edited)
iKhanic posted...
Hierarchy225 posted...
Great_Reapette posted...
YEAH CHARlZARD

You vastly underestimate the role of stealth rock.

Charizard was BL before Stealth Rock came into existence. It got even better with Solar Power, but that has the same problem belly drum did: It sucks huge amounts of HP from a poke that loses half it health from switching in.

Volcarona, pretty much has a perfect combination of stats and movepool. It's already one of the top contenders in OU, even though it loses half it's health on switch in. W/o stealth rock, it would have even fewer checks, and it would be broken

I believe if SR is banned and solar power lost it's sideeffect Charizard would be sitting strongly in OU
Edit: I would also like to see this change to solar power

Solar power-Raises Sp attack by 1.5 and speed by 1.2 but deals 1/8 hp damage every turn in the sun
---
William FC: 0648-5041-0950
Official Victini of every pokemon board.