This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So why did people have a problem with Iris being champion?

#121NeoFalconHavokPosted 5/11/2013 8:04:02 AM
A lot of these reasons are just silly and obnoxious.

"Oh I hate her bow!"

"She's a kid!"

"She uses Half-Dragons!"

"Her music sucks!"

"Her anime counterpart makes her game counterpart even worse!"

The "Kid" remark is the most laughable thing I've heard. How old were Red and Blue again? Weren't they kids? Or your playable character through Gen 4?

I still hold steadfast that it has more to do with her skin color than anything else because no one raised hell about people like WALLACE being champion even though he's terrible.
---
"If this guy has a problem with GameFaqs users that like Nintendo games, he can kiss my ass."
LMFAO
#122snuffles504Posted 5/11/2013 8:49:31 AM
NeoFalconHavok posted...
I still hold steadfast that it has more to do with her skin color than anything else because no one raised hell about people like WALLACE being champion even though he's terrible.

That's because Wallace was Champion in one remake game that a lot of people didn't even play. Most people chose simply to ignore him and maintain that Steven in the rightful Champion in Hoenn.
---
....because shutup.
R - Hyuck hyuck hyuck!
#123NeoFalconHavokPosted 5/11/2013 6:15:28 PM
snuffles504 posted...
NeoFalconHavok posted...

That's because Wallace was Champion in one remake game that a lot of people didn't even play. Most people chose simply to ignore him and maintain that Steven in the rightful Champion in Hoenn.

Wut
---
"If this guy has a problem with GameFaqs users that like Nintendo games, he can kiss my ass."
LMFAO
#124MegaWentEvilPosted 5/11/2013 6:22:45 PM
Cause it should've been her MMX4 namesake instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN2OxtS4fIQ
#125pikachu6598Posted 5/11/2013 6:24:32 PM
Was I the only one who got chills when I first went up against her?
That VS. scene in the beginning was EPIC.
---
If your future self hasn't come back in time to tell you not to do it...
Then it's not a bad decision...
#126Geminia999Posted 5/11/2013 6:43:20 PM
I'll just start that I haven't actually played B/W2 so I don't know any plot points but I still don't like it.

First, i really liked Alder so him getting replaced already puts a damper on whoever was chosen (though this still has the chance of working well)
Second, Iris didn't do much at all. She is just kinda there and does some exposition in the original and apparently not even anything in B/W2 so she is kinda boring in that regard as well.
Third, it removed the different characters for each version gimmick so it kinda sucks that one version doesn't have Drayden as champ because he has his beard of awesome over anything that Iris has.
Fourth, Alder already had a disciple in Marshal who just gets left behind while we could of had Iris as an elite four member (champion always bothered me anyways in how they just pass by the elite four)

So with just those aspects Iris is just extremely bland and boring as a champion that she is just overwhelmingly meh.
---
[::[_]::]Common sense
[+[_]::]just because you can doesn't mean you should