This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Stealth rocks poll.

#61VegantoKeensPosted 5/7/2013 2:17:23 PM
It does seem kinda cheap of a move. Maybe not even that, but I just wonder...why?? There are neutral spikes already. Why is there a second spikes move that is just for rock? A few types are just plain screwed, while the rest can be on their merry way. They're not even the most powerful types. Ice was already screwed, bug and flying never hurt anyone. It would all come down to fire.
---
GMT + 1
PSN = William-Lake
#62KeeperOfShadowsPosted 5/7/2013 3:57:16 PM
ClassyOldHat posted...
Define "mediocre pokes (that can use Stealth Rock)" and "Good Rapid spinners," because I see too many good Pokemon that can learn Stealth Rock to list, and the only pokmon that meet the latter description are Starmie, Tentacruel, Excadrill, Cloyster, Donphan, and Forretress. In fact, the latter two are ONLY able to squeeze their way into OU through Rapid Spin, as it's the only thing they have over similarly typed Pokemon that otherwise outclass them in every way..

You can't believe Donphan and Forretress are only OU because of Rapid Spin.
---
A voice of reason, in a chaotic realm.
You're too angry... calm down... and let the madness take hold. - Arne83
#63WindyligthPosted 5/7/2013 4:00:03 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
fleetfoxs posted...
also @ CakeOfLies

also, you gotta stop pushing the evasion comparison. they're really nothing alike. SR encourages strategy, while evasion is making the game about luck (more so than it already is). anyone who has played online knows how accuracy can be in pokemon games. the most competitive metagame would be one free of the luck variable, which evasion only encourages.

so please make a relevant comparison or go away, posting what essentially boils down to "HEY GUISE EVASION IS BANNED" over and over doesn't contribute anything.

I know they're different. I'm not a moron like you think I am.

Except some people say evasion isn't a cheap strategy that tears apart other strategies. I respect that opinion and I'm fine with that.

However, there are some people that think Stealth Rock is cheap and tears apart strategies. That's why I compared them. Stealth Rock makes Sturdy, Focus Sashes, Multiscale, and a few other things completely useless. It takes a lot of strategies out of the game and makes everybody bring a spinner with them. The game turned into "bring a spinner everywhere or you lose."

Stealth Rock DOES encourage strategy. "Strategy" is singular. Rapin Spin.
It also ruins strategies. Plural.

And Taunt. And Magic Bounce.

Especially Magic Bounce.
---
I am here to promote the discussion and appreciation of Fennekin.
#64WindyligthPosted 5/7/2013 4:01:37 PM
ClassyOldHat posted...
fleetfoxs posted...
themagicpainman posted...
Also do not worry I called all the Whambulances I could to help this topic.

Stuff like this really helps your argument and really helps people take you seriously.

no, it really isn't. nice try though.

http://www.smogon.com/bw/moves/stealth_rock

http://www.smogon.com/bw/moves/rapid_spin

Try clicking the D/P tab for Stealth Rock.

it's kind of irrelevant, so what if a ton of mediocre pokes can use it? there's an abundance of good rapid spinnrs, as already mentioned. it's not broken by definition, otherwise things like volcarona wouldn't exist in OU.

Define "mediocre pokes (that can use Stealth Rock)" and "Good Rapid spinners," because I see too many good Pokemon that can learn Stealth Rock to list, and the only pokmon that meet the latter description are Starmie, Tentacruel, Excadrill, Cloyster, Donphan, and Forretress. In fact, the latter two are ONLY able to squeeze their way into OU through Rapid Spin, as it's the only thing they have over similarly typed Pokemon that otherwise outclass them in every way..

I'm sure Forretress's ability to set up hazards has nothing to do with that either.
---
I am here to promote the discussion and appreciation of Fennekin.
#65DarkDragon386Posted 5/7/2013 4:11:06 PM
However, there are some people that think Stealth Rock is cheap and tears apart strategies. That's why I compared them. Stealth Rock makes Sturdy, Focus Sashes, Multiscale, and a few other things completely useless. It takes a lot of strategies out of the game and makes everybody bring a spinner with them. The game turned into "bring a spinner everywhere or you lose."

Or it provides a check to those strategies.

Focus sash and sturdy are pretty cheap strategies, but I don't see you saying fix those.
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#66SilverSockPosted 5/7/2013 8:03:09 PM
Windyligth posted...

And Taunt. And Magic Bounce.

Especially Magic Bounce.

I don't want to get dragged into this, but for what it's worth team preview allows any decent player to see Magic Bounce coming a mile away if their opponent is carrying Espeon or Xatu.
---
I summoned a baby to attract a lion. It didn't seem to work, so I tried a delicious baby.
Regular baby ATE delicious baby. Horror....horror.~Gameplayingperson
#67ClassyOldHatPosted 5/7/2013 8:57:32 PM
KeeperOfShadows posted...
You can't believe Donphan... (is) only OU because of Rapid Spin.

Right. Rapid Spin AND Ice shard are the main things it has over Hippowdon.

Windyligth posted...
I'm sure Forretress's ability to set up hazards has nothing to do with that either.

Yes, I'm sure Forretress's access to the borderline worthless Toxic Spikes, (Two turns of set up to get an effect that two types and four abilities are immune to, with the mere switch in of a Poison type being all that's required to get rid of it,) the only hazard has that Ferrothorn doesn't have access to, makes such a big difference.
#68LenneValkiryePosted 5/8/2013 2:10:34 AM(edited)
SR is a "no risk, huge reward" move that heavily influences the way you have to build your team if you don't want to lose.

Sounds familiar? Yup, it's exactly like Double Team and Minimize.

Been said that, it's clear how uncompetitive SR is.

Don't even bring up the "Magic Bounce" argument, since the best SR users are heavily offensive pokemon such as Landorus-T and Terrakion. Nobody in their right mind is going to Taunt or send a Magic Bounce user against them unless they want to gamble.
---
"Murder is a worse crime than rape, both in real life and fiction."
#69xyzlacticPosted 5/8/2013 3:10:57 AM
LenneValkirye posted...
SR is a "no risk, huge reward" move that heavily influences the way you have to build your team if you don't want to lose.

Sounds familiar? Yup, it's exactly like Double Team and Minimize.

Been said that, it's clear how uncompetitive SR is.

Don't even bring up the "Magic Bounce" argument, since the best SR users are heavily offensive pokemon such as Landorus-T and Terrakion. Nobody in their right mind is going to Taunt or send a Magic Bounce user against them unless they want to gamble.

Omg this guy deserves an award! He's spot on! Man if evasion is broken and unfair. Why the hell I'd stealth rock still allowed? Wtf fix this crap game freak!
---
Homosexual Hipster of Smash Bros and Pokemon X and Y boards. G.A.Y = Good At Yugioh
#70OshawottGuy4Posted 5/8/2013 4:05:01 AM
Smogen Faps Over Stealth Rock All Day Long
---
Like My Father said: If you want to hide something, put it out in the open. ~Venture Brothers