This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Stealth rocks poll.

#71victinivcreate1Posted 5/8/2013 4:23:03 AM
IceDragon77 posted...
Stealth Rock just ruins the meta by restricting the amount of viable Pokemon. It's not broken but it just ruins the diversity that would otherwise be possible. I want it gone so that Fire and Bug types that don't have a second type that resists Rock, have a chance in competitive play.

Volcarona has both of those typings COMBINED and is OU. Its actually an excellent bulky special sweeper. The only thing that generally walls it cold is Heatran. Bug/FIre/Psychic coverage is only resisted by Heatran. Bug/Fire/Ground is walled by many more thigs
---
Genesect, Mewtwo, Ridley, Shulk, Palutena, Megaman, Isaac, Saki, Toad, King K. Rool, Ghirahim, Roy, Little Mac, Megaman, and DLC for SSB4
#72LenneValkiryePosted 5/8/2013 4:54:44 AM
victinivcreate1 posted...
IceDragon77 posted...
Stealth Rock just ruins the meta by restricting the amount of viable Pokemon. It's not broken but it just ruins the diversity that would otherwise be possible. I want it gone so that Fire and Bug types that don't have a second type that resists Rock, have a chance in competitive play.

Volcarona has both of those typings COMBINED and is OU. Its actually an excellent bulky special sweeper. The only thing that generally walls it cold is Heatran. Bug/FIre/Psychic coverage is only resisted by Heatran. Bug/Fire/Ground is walled by many more thigs

If SR didn't exist new Volcarona counters such as Moltres would become viable.
Pokemon such as Dragonite and Gyarados would wall Volcarona even more easily without SR, too.
---
"Murder is a worse crime than rape, both in real life and fiction."
#73RTC3Posted 5/8/2013 7:48:07 AM
i can't believe the majority of comp. players here think SR is broken
---
<3 *Yao Ming* <3http://i.imgur.com/ulNUN.png<3 *Yao Ming* <3
lakers. till i die. #kbovermj
#74King_of_XDPosted 5/8/2013 8:00:22 AM(edited)
It's existence affects the viability of pokemon more than any other single move (only Earthquake even comes close), so I'll probably go with "broken".

It might be the lesser of two evils with Volcarona and Eviolite Scyther running amok though. Dragonite has a decent chance of becoming Uber with Multiscale.

Regenerator Ho-oh (and maybe Multiscale Lugia) would definitely destroy the vague sense of balance that the Uber tier has at the moment.
#75themagicpainmanPosted 5/8/2013 8:00:11 AM
King_of_XD posted...
It's existence affects the viability of pokemon more than any other single move (only Earthquake even comes close), so I'll probably go with "broken".

It might be the lesser of two evils with Volcarona and Eviolite Scyther running amok though.

Regenerator Ho-oh would definitely destroy the vague sense of balance that the Uber tier has at the moment.

I could see Volcarona getting banned without SR.
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#76_KGC_Posted 5/8/2013 8:02:48 AM
RTC3 posted...
i can't believe the majority of comp. players here think SR is broken

What did you expect? It is the XY board.
---
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra
#77King_of_XDPosted 5/8/2013 8:05:10 AM
I think Rock type attacks will fill the void left by stealth rock, and pokemon like Rhyperior would probably go up to OU for this reason.

But even in this scenario, Multiscale Dragonite is guaranteed a turn of setup, after which it can use its incredible stats to destroy everything.
#78SlimeStackPosted 5/8/2013 8:05:13 AM
I'm not competitive but I think it's unfair because of the super effective damage. If there were other hazards that did that it'd be okay, but the fact that Pokémon weak to rock are singled out is bleh.

It needs either a cap, not deal rock-type damage, more counters than rapid spin or there just needs to be other entry hazards that drag other types down to the level Pokémon 4x weak to rock are on.
---
Moo
#79themagicpainmanPosted 5/8/2013 8:07:09 AM
King_of_XD posted...
I think Rock type attacks will fill the void left by stealth rock, and pokemon like Rhyperior would probably go up to OU for this reason.

But even in this scenario, Multiscale Dragonite is guaranteed a turn of setup, after which it can use its incredible stats to destroy everything.

That's why there should still be a flying-hitting hazard that doesn't apply weaknesses/resistances.
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#80ninjarauiPosted 5/8/2013 8:10:50 AM
Im all for icy rox