This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Look at the pokemon/version exclusives before playing the game?

#1hear_me_raorPosted 5/6/2013 5:23:06 PM
Before gen 5 came out, i looked at all the pokemon, their base stats, types, etc, and it was okay... i pretty much won most of my battles with friends (mind you these werent EV/IV/moveset competitive smogon battles, but nontheless my best team yet). But when i played the game, there was no surprise of seeing new pokemon and their evolutions. So how about you guys, do you look at the new pokemon before starting a new gen?
---
[Private Sig: Do Not Read]
#2MetaFalconPunchPosted 5/6/2013 5:25:05 PM
Not gonna do it this time, I know that much ^_^
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.
#3Hydra_Gundam_Posted 5/6/2013 5:25:48 PM
I browse through em to see which ones catch my eye. Like gen 5, I saw Haxorus and Hydriegon and figured theyll be on my team before I reach the elite 4. Worked out pretty well.
---
Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space
#4Strain42Posted 5/6/2013 5:28:05 PM
I always check out the Pokedex before a new game comes out so I can plan my team, and by looking into the exclusives I can figure out what game I want to buy, but I try to avoid everything beyond that. I like to be surprised by the gym leaders and stuff.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
#5HomeRowedPosted 5/6/2013 5:46:29 PM
Seeing as how these games are going to have a more or less worldwide release, it's gonna be pretty difficult to look up the stats, version exclusives, etc. before playing. Unless you wait a month or so after release, I guess...
---
NO MORE FUNERAL CAKE UNTIL I CAN BE A GOOD GIRL
do you wanna die or just come real close?