This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do you think Poison hasn't been made S.E. against Fighting type so far?

#1ChocolateluverxPosted 5/6/2013 8:15:44 PM
Instead of simply making a poll, I was wondering why exactly Poison has not been made super effective against Fighting by Gamefreak so far, and was wondering about what other people would think. I for one would love to see Poison be made both Super Effective AND Resistant to the Fighting type in Gen 6 and beyond.

Fighting is super effective against 5, and weak to 2.

Poison is super effective against 1, and weak to 2.

Clearly, making Poison super effective against the Fighting type in 6th gen+ would clearly add some spice and balance in the right place. And, on top of that, making Poison super effective against Fighting would still be relatively logical as well! At least, more logical than Ice being super effective against Ground and vice-versa (one of the type trumps that are less than favored by me, personally). Evidently, a poisoned fighter would have a difficult time getting into the fray, no?

If you want to get real nit-picky about it, both Grass and Fighting are some of the more (as I would call) organic types, and by that I mean that plant life supports exponentially more life while a Fighting type Pokemon--to me--is the single type that most closely represents us as humans, and certainly we have found that various aspects and forms of poisons, such as pollution, disease, waste, nuclear radiation, chemical toxins as murder weapons, and even perhaps viruses and bacteria have all been known to be great enemies of both ourselves and the plant kingdom, which has helped virtually all life on our planet in one form or another.

I'm sure there are better arguments for why Poison should be made Super Effective against Fighting (and perhaps why it shouldn't, of course) but my brain is dead at the moment, so I was wondering what other points other people could bring to the table.

So, why DO you think that Poison has not been (so far) made to be Super Effective against the Fighting type, and do you agree with that particular logic? Do you believe that Poison should not be made Super Effective against the Fighting type?
---
Please make a new LeBlanc skin already!!
#2Great_ReapettePosted 5/6/2013 8:19:01 PM
Poison is the butt of Game Freak's jokes.

There WAS another type (read: Bug) they were super-effective against, but they removed that matchup.
Then there's the fact that a fifth of the original 151 were Poison-type, but Psychics owned Poison then.
And of course, the fact that Poison has only one type that is weak to it. AND a type that's immune.
---
Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you, staring into your soul, using its duckiness.
QUACK.
#3M4nnimalPosted 5/6/2013 8:20:53 PM
Great_Reapette posted...

There WAS another type (read: Bug) they were super-effective against, but they removed that matchup.
Then there's the fact that a fifth of the original 151 were Poison-type, but Psychics owned Poison then.
And of course, the fact that Poison has only one type that is weak to it. AND a type that's immune.

Such a shame, there are so many rad poison pokemon with nearly useless STAB.
---
"We thirsted for thunderbolts and great deeds."
#4reaverzPosted 5/6/2013 8:28:29 PM
Great_Reapette posted...

Also notice that Gen II introduced split-evos for a couple of Pokemon so that they could evolve into something without a Psychic weakness, which resulted in the Poison-type one of the two suddenly dropping its Poison typing altogether. Thus Poison remains the only type that has been replaced by NOTHING through an evolution of a Pokemon.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#5Thunder_ArmorPosted 5/6/2013 8:29:21 PM
Logically, Poison should be SE against just about everything biological.
---
Official Something of Somewhere
http://i.imgur.com/tEtd4ZA.gif
#6Great_ReapettePosted 5/6/2013 8:29:36 PM
reaverz posted...
Great_Reapette posted...

Also notice that Gen II introduced split-evos for a couple of Pokemon so that they could evolve into something without a Psychic weakness, which resulted in the Poison-type one of the two suddenly dropping its Poison typing altogether. Thus Poison remains the only type that has been replaced by NOTHING through an evolution of a Pokemon.

"What's that? It should be replaced by something? ...Nah, screw Poison."
---
Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you, staring into your soul, using its duckiness.
QUACK.
#7Finale_WandererPosted 5/6/2013 8:59:14 PM
Poison type should be replaced by "Toxic" or the "Venom" type.

I would also like to see an oil type.
---
Currently playing: Chrono Trigger (DS), Super Mario RPG (VC), Final Fantasy Tactics: WotL (PSP)
#8MasajubPosted 5/6/2013 9:08:22 PM
I find it funny that Steel, which was obviously designed to be a sub-par offensive type, is supereffective against more things than Poison.

Poison should be supereffective against Fighting but GF has no interest in balancing the type chart it seems.
#9EstheimasterPosted 5/6/2013 9:30:07 PM
Poison is a semi-defensive type with little offense. Toxic is brilliant, as is Toxic Spikes, and Poison types current main goal is to set and remove Toxic Spikes. I understand that its decent defensively, but unlike Steel, it doesn't have a good assortment of resistances.

I'm not sure if it needs too much SE hits, but it definitely needs more resistances to remain defensive. If GF wants it more offensive, add SE hits!
---
The Official Bulbasaur of Pokemon X's board
Bowser Jr, T Zelda, Ridley, Palutena, Pittoo, Isaac, Shulk, Mewtwo, Robin, Balloon Fight, Crono, Mii, Megaman, Neku