This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what pissed you off most in the pokemon series

#1gamingratPosted 5/7/2013 7:01:13 AM
the most i've ever been pissed off in the time i have been playing pokemon happened in the 4th gen with the pearl, diamond, and platnium games. at that time i was trying to catch them all, not just having them in the pokedex, but literally having every pokemon in the PC. and as we all know in the 4th gen, they gave many pokemon from previous gens new evolutions. before platinum came out you had to spend a lot of time trying to get the items to evolve these pokemon, including 2 dusk stones, razor claw, protector, electrizer, magmarizer, shiny stone, razor fang, dubious disc, 2 dawn stones, and a reaper cloth. that is a large shoping list. to get these items you had to know someone with another game to get the extra stones, put a firered and leafgreen game into the gba and catch magbys or elekids for their items, or worst of all, fight at the battle frontier to get the rest of the items

this took me a couple of weeks of playing almost constantly, and i even went so far as to get a spare electrizer and magmrizer for my sister and father. when i had finally gotten the last elect and magm platinum had been out for a couple of days, and that was the version he was playing at the time. i had not told him about the items, planing them to be a surprise. before i could tell him to trade, i get called into his room because he had found a new item on the ground and wanted to know what it did. AND THE (insert long stream of cusrsing here) HAD FOUND A MAGMARIZER!!! i spent weeks trying to find all those items and now in platinum, HG and SS you could find them just by walking around.

so what moment in pokemon made you want to rage quit the series
---
GT:gamingrat91
#2EmeraldRangePosted 5/7/2013 7:10:36 AM
Well I was pumped up about Gen 5 and at that time, I did not have a DS yet. My friend brought his BW to school and cheated in it so that the pokedex was complete for the purposes of pre-planning his team and to catch only 6 pokemon (+starter is not using). Then I saw, the worst group of pokemon with horrible names. From that moment I loathe Gen 5. He was just scrolling down the pokedex and I never really say the later ones so I may be hating good pokemon but whatever.
---
I loathe Gen V. I am being optimistic for Gen VI,
because I hope they can make a good new feature.
#3EnferolunosPosted 5/7/2013 7:16:53 AM
Soul Silver got corrupted
It had:
-Some shiny beasts
-An (event) shiny Eevee
-A shiny Skarmory (My second favorite pokemon)
-My Suicune (That I had for at least 8 years, all the way from colosseum, and Suicune is my favorite pokemon)
-A shiny smeargle (One of my favorite pokemon)
-Completed Pokedex
-Completed Pokethlon
-Some legendaries I imported from other games
And was probably my favorite pokemon game
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#4zeldagamer2123Posted 5/7/2013 7:22:02 AM
Through all five generations, I nearly always got a critical on my opponent when the next hit would have defeated them anyway.
---
3DS FC: 2836-0188-5813 Name: MG2123
#5EnferolunosPosted 5/7/2013 7:22:53 AM
zeldagamer2123 posted...
Through all five generations, I nearly always got a critical on my opponent when the next hit would have defeated them anyway.

Sounds like confirmation bias
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#6Thepenguinking2Posted 5/7/2013 7:25:25 AM
VOLTORB

F***ING

FLIP!!!!!!!!!

---
Deviantart: http://espio143.deviantart.com/
The Official Shiny Zangoose of the X/y Board!
#7CakeOfLiesPosted 5/7/2013 7:26:23 AM
Thepenguinking2 posted...
VOLTORB

F***ING

FLIP!!!!!!!!!

This sounds about right.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 4342-3001-3593.
#8Dark_EinherjarPosted 5/7/2013 7:34:52 AM
There are two things that piss me off the most, in the entire series:
-Evasion boosts;
-OHKO moves.
---
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
-Sirius Black
#9elconoMPosted 5/7/2013 7:37:06 AM
paying full retail for the several Mystery Dungeon games I fell for
---
Pokemon. The Borderlands. GTA's. Animal Crossings.
#101ultimaPosted 5/7/2013 7:45:04 AM
Thepenguinking2 posted...
VOLTORB

F***ING

FLIP!!!!!!!!!

^This. So much.
The fact that it was added to replace the Game Corner because it apparently promoted gambling annoyed me as well
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:4427 9362 7702
3DS FC: 1891-1152-0901