This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I've never played Pokemon before

#11EnferolunosPosted 5/7/2013 12:52:27 PM
TranquilSea posted...
Pokemon is basically about catching these monsters and "training" them to become strong. For me, the use of sprites, the top-down perspective, the "going on your very own adventure", and there being so many creatures to catch are all elements that contribute to the appeal of the series thus far (though X & Y seem to be able to retain that charm while stepping it up aesthetics-wise with cell shaded models). The nostalgia and the attachment I made with the anime in my childhood makes the experience even better, but nostalgia aside, they're still objectively really solid games with a ton of replay value. Seriously. I can't think of another series out there that does it better.

your spoier i read it
What's a spoier?
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#12TranquilSeaPosted 5/7/2013 12:55:08 PM
your spoier i read it
What's a spoier?

Curse you for quoting be before I fixed my "all".
---
Baby Steps
#13pokemonfreak97Posted 5/7/2013 1:15:07 PM
TranquilSea posted...
Pokemon is basically about catching these monsters and "training" them to become strong. For me, the use of sprites, the top-down perspective, the "going on your very own adventure", and there being so many creatures to catch are all elements that contribute to the appeal of the series thus far (though X & Y seem to be able to retain that charm while stepping it up aesthetics-wise with cell shaded models). The nostalgia and the attachment I made with the anime in my childhood makes the experience even better, but nostalgia aside, they're still objectively really solid games with a ton of replay value. Seriously. I can't think of another series out there that does it better.

"It's a secret switch. Press it?"
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#14Strain42(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 1:15:52 PM
Who wouldn't?
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
#15Blues255Posted 5/7/2013 1:27:37 PM
Obligatory-joke-about-whether-or-not-you-have-internet-access/satellite-because-it-must-suck-hard-to-live-under-a-rock-for-the-past-10+-years
---
Chocobos. Chocobos everywhere.