This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sylveon is definitely Dragon

#1dswizardPosted 5/7/2013 11:37:25 AM
So I've been convinced for a while that Sylveon was flying, but changed my mind given the following evidence:

Of all the originally special types: grass, fire, water, electric, psychic, ice, dragon and dark - only dragon has not been represented with an eeveelution. Similarly, no eeveelutions have received a traditionally physical type!

Sylveon's colouring is red and blue - the traditional dragon colours in the ruby/sapphire and related type sprites.

"soft" dragons such as dragonair and altaria have been released - it's perfectly possible for a pokemon to be dragon without being vicious. Similarly, let's use the reverse argument: all eeveelutions are cute, so if they *were* to make a dragon type eeveelution, what would it look like? Answer: Sylveon.

Dragons are mythical, sylph is related to that. OK that's more of a stretch than the other arguments but again it's as close as a dragon eeveelution could be. What else are they supposed to call it?

Honestly I'd be very surprised if Sylveon turns out to be a type other than dragon, it makes too much sense for it to be dragon!
#2TIGERJACKS0N-Posted 5/7/2013 11:38:29 AM
If Altaria's a dragon, then hell i guess you're right
---
Everyday the sun comes up around her, she can make the birds, sing harmony!
http://i.imgur.com/VBsWOu2.png <3 Ain't no woman like the one i got..
#3Fernox213Posted 5/7/2013 11:38:30 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4TIGERJACKS0N-Posted 5/7/2013 11:39:02 AM
Fernox213 posted...
Ermmmmmmmmmm, rs remakes confirmed?.

A certain user here would not appreciate that ;)
---
Everyday the sun comes up around her, she can make the birds, sing harmony!
http://i.imgur.com/VBsWOu2.png <3 Ain't no woman like the one i got..
#5BestInTheWorIdPosted 5/7/2013 11:40:07 AM
Charizard fanboys are going to cry.
#6dswizard(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 11:40:26 AM
TIGERJACKS0N- posted...

Serious or sarcasm? I'm serious!
#7jayman7Posted 5/7/2013 11:41:04 AM
I'm not a Charizard fanboy, but I think this tired old argument is going to make me cry...
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#8CakeOfLiesPosted 5/7/2013 11:41:42 AM
dswizard posted...
TIGERJACKS0N- posted...

Serious or sarcasm? I'm serious!

I think he's serious.
Actually, I somewhat agree with that.
Fairy is a stupid idea. Dragon is feasible with Sylveon. Far more than a new type could ever be.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 4342-3001-3593.
#9dswizard(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 11:42:42 AM
BestInTheWorId posted...
Charizard fanboys are going to cry.

Nah charizard's fire/flying because it has wings. Wings = flying. Sylveon doesn't. Charizard's less dragony than it is firey and wingy.
#10Strain42Posted 5/7/2013 11:44:29 AM
While I admit that a small part of me does think Sylveon could be Dragon (it honestly is in my top 3 guesses right now) I don't necessarily think so because of the reasons that you posted.

Also Flying = Wings makes no sense.

There are a lot of Flying types that don't have wings, and there are several winged Pokemon that aren't Flying.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)