This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Lord help us if there isn't RNG in X/Y

#1luigispezzottiPosted 5/7/2013 12:54:02 PM
I can't imagine what it'll be like to have to SR for good IV's (which if you don't know are basically a must now in competitive play, which is sad but it is how it is).

Hopefully if RNG is made impossible, like how they did for eggs in BW2, I hope they implement some kind of system for increasing your Pokemon's IV's (maybe the new bond mechanic?).
#2The_Sol_BladerPosted 5/7/2013 12:55:27 PM
Technically it's impossible to get rid of RNG
---
R - Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board - Rose_Mage's loving husband
#3themagicpainmanPosted 5/7/2013 12:55:36 PM
Or do away with IVs altogether...
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#4luigispezzotti(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 12:56:19 PM
themagicpainman posted...
Or do away with IVs altogether...

Other than the fact that that'd take away some individuality in Pokemon, that'd be wonderful.
#5EnferolunosPosted 5/7/2013 12:57:18 PM
Don't worry, there won't be an RNG. Every patch of grass will only contain 1 pokemon at a fixed level with fixed stats
Accuracy will be 100% or 0%
Critical hits will not happen or will always happen
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#6luigispezzotti(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 12:59:37 PM
Enferolunos posted...
Don't worry, there won't be an RNG. Every patch of grass will only contain 1 pokemon at a fixed level with fixed stats

I'm pretty sure you knew by what I meant when I said RNG (as in RNG exploitation), but if you didn't, I have nothing to say to you after this.
#7EnferolunosPosted 5/7/2013 1:02:31 PM
luigispezzotti posted...
Enferolunos posted...

I'm pretty sure you knew by what I meant when I said RNG (as in RNG exploitation), but if you didn't, I have nothing to say to you after this.

Yeah, I know.
Sometimes, abbreviations are stupid.
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#8pokemonfreak97Posted 5/7/2013 1:13:45 PM
How could they make it so that RNG abuse is impossible without also making soft-resetting impossible? Would they just generate ~1000 sets of IVs when the game turned on and then cycle through them? Because I could see whatever methods used now to look forward into the RNG to look "backwards" into those IV sets.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#9luigispezzotti(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 1:17:37 PM
pokemonfreak97 posted...
How could they make it so that RNG abuse is impossible without also making soft-resetting impossible? Would they just generate ~1000 sets of IVs when the game turned on and then cycle through them? Because I could see whatever methods used now to look forward into the RNG to look "backwards" into those IV sets.

Hey they managed to halt RNGing for eggs in BW2. Maybe they'll do the same thing for all Pokemon in X/Y, inwhich the RNG will be so erratic it'll be impossible to track
#10reaverzPosted 5/7/2013 3:05:19 PM
luigispezzotti posted...
pokemonfreak97 posted...

Hey they managed to halt RNGing for eggs in BW2. Maybe they'll do the same thing for all Pokemon in X/Y, inwhich the RNG will be so erratic it'll be impossible to track

They didn't "halt" it- they just goofed on some coding and it resulted in the mess that prevents RNG abuse for Eggs. GameFreak hasn't done much of anything to purposefully stop RNG abuse. In fact, BW2 actually got rid of the delay-dependent C-Gear seeds, making it that much easier to RNG for IVs on Pokemon in the Entralink. If you take a good look, it's actually becoming easier to RNG abuse with every passing generation.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]