This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fire Emblem: Awakening is what I was hoping this game would be

#1Dark_Link92Posted 5/7/2013 1:42:23 PM
Before I was even interested in Awakening, I thought of a couple of things I'd love to be in X/Y that I've discovered since have ended up in Fire Emblem. Mainly:
The artwork during any notable conversation- I loved the X-Transceiver sprites and I hoped they were used more, like every conversation with villains, rivals, professors, etc. They really should be, and I just felt that it gave more character to the game.
Speeding up battle animations. I know I'm not the only one concerned with the potential speed of battles in this game, but in Fire Emblem, if you hold A then the animations speed up. The transition onto the battle screen is very quick too, it just fades in.
More frequent, anime-styled cut scenes, though B/W already started in this direction.

I just got Fire Emblem and I'm loving it, its just fantastic, and I really hope Nintendo use some of its little but fantastic ideas to make Pokemon even better.
---
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!
#2Rad_DudesmanPosted 5/7/2013 1:44:20 PM
nintendo doesn't make pokemon
#3HomeRowedPosted 5/7/2013 1:44:27 PM
I agree 100000%.

Now that I'm almost done with finals, I need to play more Fire Emblem. I'm only a few chapters in.
---
NO MORE FUNERAL CAKE UNTIL I CAN BE A GOOD GIRL
do you wanna die or just come real close?
#4HejiruPosted 5/7/2013 1:45:21 PM
Rad_Dudesman posted...

Technically, they don't make Fire Emblem either.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#5Dark_Link92(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 1:48:00 PM
Rad_Dudesman posted...

Whatever. I'm sure they have enough influence to get stuff changed if they want. Its not like they just market the thing with no actual input.
---
#6XxWontonxXPosted 5/7/2013 1:48:08 PM
Rad_Dudesman posted...

Nintendo doesn't make Fire Emblem, they just publish it, just like they do with Pokemon.

Also I have played Awakening through and through and have never gotten tired of it, it is an absolutely fantastic game with incredile features.
---
Palutena, Micaiah, Shulk, Chrom, Lucina, Female Pokemon Trainer, Roy, Ashley, Mona, and Mega Man for SSB4.
#7Dark_Link92(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 1:49:09 PM
Hejiru posted...
Rad_Dudesman posted...

But unlike Pokemon, they actually own Fire Emblem and Intelligent Systems.
---
#8EnferolunosPosted 5/7/2013 1:55:33 PM
Dark_Link92 posted...
Hejiru posted...
Rad_Dudesman posted...

But unlike Pokemon, they actually own Fire Emblem and Intelligent Systems.

They own pokemon, just not gamefreak
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you