The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I feel like I'm the only 20+yo pokemon player that only uses Pokemon he likes

#1ChrnoDstroyer12Posted 5/7/2013 4:33:35 PM
I like to use Charizard, because he is my favorite Pokemon, but I know if I say or type that where older Pokemon players can see it, I'll get b******d at about why using him is akin to me spitting in their eye because he SUKS and STEALTH ROCK.

I also like to use Pikachu, because, again, he's one of my favorite Pokemon. Is he the best? Hell no. Is it fun to play through the game with one? to me, yes.

I could name 20 more Pokemon I use regularly that everyone here could list 10 or more reasons why I shouldn't ever, ever, EVER!!@*#@^#@ be using them.

I have to think there are other people who play with their favorites rather then the best, but every board I visit just shows people using only top tier Pokemon.

Please prove me wrong.
#2BrayWyattPosted 5/7/2013 4:34:24 PM
I use pokemon I like in game, I use pokemon that are good competitively.

But I have grown to like a lot of pokemon through battling competitively.
---
Believe in Bray Wyatt
#3DarkDragon386Posted 5/7/2013 4:45:42 PM(edited)
What if their favorites are top tier Pokemon? My favorites are Gyarados, Haxorus, Hydreigon, Starmie, Swampert, and Scizor.

And I use a lot of stuff in the games.
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#4Nega3Posted 5/7/2013 4:50:14 PM
I'm the same. If my favourites are crap competitively (like Lopunny and Vespiquen), I'll just play on a lower tier on Pokemon Showdown or whatever.
---
Not changing this sig until Shin Megami Tesnsei IV gets released in Europe
#5toffster92Posted 5/7/2013 4:50:24 PM
Not alone there buddy.

My favorites (and the team I like to use) are:

Gallade
Kingdra
Absol
Camerupt
Crobat
Flygon

Don't care about competitive tiers, I just use what I like.
---
Once in every generation, Life singles out an individual and kicks 'em in the balls.
Tag, you're it.
#6asdfggghh1Posted 5/7/2013 4:53:35 PM
The party I last saved with was Lucario, Typhlosion, Kingler, Muk, Cloyster, and Leafeon.

To each their own.
---
My balls do not blend.
#7vchu8Posted 5/7/2013 4:54:52 PM
Do you play competitively? That'd answer your question right there. If yes, then of course most people are gonna use the highest tier Pokemon. If your favorites are low tiers, stick to the lower tiers.

There's nothing wrong with using your favorites, of course, but you should expect to see a lot of the same faces in pvp. I tend to stick to singleplayer mostly for this reason, so I can use the monsters I find interesting in any given run.
#8ThatKippPosted 5/7/2013 4:58:24 PM(edited)
I don't use only my favorites, but I'll still use my favorites. My two favorite Pokemon are Medicham and Victreebel, so I use them on a sun team, since Victreebel is much faster under sunlight. I don't like Ninetales that much, but it's the only non-Groudon Drought user, so I'm stuck with it.
---
Medicham/Victreebel
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#9TheGaijinPosted 5/7/2013 5:01:16 PM
I only use Eevolution in game but not competitively
---
Final Fantasy XIV - Larek Darkholme @ Masamune
#10EnferolunosPosted 5/7/2013 5:04:20 PM
21 years old and I just use ones I like
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you