This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sylveon: new Fairy type or just Normal?

#1Renjiro7Posted 5/7/2013 7:04:58 PM
So Sylveon's name (and in the other languages) means fairy. What existing type would it most likely be? They've made "fairy pokemon," Clefairy and Snubbull, that are both Normal. They're also pink like Sylveon.

What would a Normal Eeveelution be named? It would seem pretty pointless to create one with a name that actually means normal. If they were to create a Normal Eeveelution it'd be better for it to have a character, like fairy, otherwise just leave it as Eevee.

They made those "fairy pokemon" back in the first and second generation, then there are Azelf/Mesprit/Uxie that are related to fairies from the fourth, why make a new Fairy type now?

Though I'd rather it not be Normal, it would seem highly likely to be the case. What do you think?
#2Xavier_On_HighPosted 5/7/2013 7:10:02 PM
I don't think you'll get much of a response to this topic. People on this board don't really talk much about Sylveon's type.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltnafhjcUz1qmxswbo1_500.gif
#3Thepenguinking2Posted 5/7/2013 7:10:43 PM
Since fairy type is 100% fake, My guess is either fighting or steel.
---
Deviantart: http://espio143.deviantart.com/
The Official Shiny Zangoose of the X/y Board!
#4Strain42Posted 5/7/2013 7:12:00 PM
Isn't "Other" an option for this?

I do agree though that Normal is more likely than Fairy.

People have said stuff like "But Sylveon is Pink, and look at the Bows!"

A Pink Bow is literally an item that strengthens Normal type moves.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
#5ArmandoXIIIlPosted 5/7/2013 7:18:40 PM
-Name refers to fairy/folklore

-Type color on the Japanese website is a shade of pink that doesn't match any other type

-Sylveon looks aboslutely nothing like any other type, except possibly normal. But 'Sylv' doesn't relate to normal at all.

-that background it created in the movie trailer just screams magic. magic=fairy

How are people doubting new type at this stage? May not be literally 'fairy', but some sort of folklore/magic-based type is the only logical option at this point.
---
Formerly DoctorTitor
None of us on this board are garbage! We are a GAMEFAQS, and we're darn proud of it! - MMX377
#6Dr Edward RoivasPosted 5/7/2013 7:21:10 PM
I think that every debate that could have been had has already been had.

And every possible new type that could be guessed, already guessed.
---
Tie it on, in your mind. It's your Noctourniquet.
#7Renjiro7(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 7:39:54 PM
Sure, Other is an option to this. Please provide your reasonings though why you think that Other is more likely than Fairy or Normal. Those are just my top 2 guesses and I'd like to hear some input from the ones that believe it's one and not the other. Pink bow is actually a good clue for Normal, I'd say.
#8MercuryEnigmaPosted 5/7/2013 8:10:06 PM
-Type color on the Japanese website is a shade of pink that doesn't match any other type
-Sylveon looks aboslutely nothing like any other type, except possibly normal. But 'Sylv' doesn't relate to normal at all.
-that background it created in the movie trailer just screams magic. magic=fairy
How are people doubting new type at this stage? May not be literally 'fairy', but some sort of folklore/magic-based type is the only logical option at this point.

-Clefairy's name refers to fairy/folklore
-Clefairy's skin color is a shade of pink that doesn't match any other type
-Clefairy looks absolutely nothing like any other type, except possibly normal. But "Cle" doesn't relate to normal at all.
-Clefairy's background it creates with its moveset just screams magic. magic=fairy
How are people doubting a new type at this stage. May not be literally 'fair,' but some sort of folklore/magic-based type is the only logical option at this point for Clefairy.
---
Live. Love. Be. Believe.
Not changing my sig until LostWinds gets a third installment.
#9MagikarpRulesPosted 5/7/2013 8:22:57 PM
ArmandoXIIIl posted...

Basically, what MercuryEnigma said. I think you are jumping to conclusions based on not so solid evidence.
#10slmcknettPosted 5/7/2013 8:36:54 PM
I'll just say, if it isn't a new type, I'll be very disappointed.
---
Official Luxord of the Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Board