This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sylveon: new Fairy type or just Normal?

#11MagikarpRulesPosted 5/7/2013 8:41:34 PM
slmcknett posted...
I'll just say, if it isn't a new type, I'll be very disappointed.

I have the feeling you'll be disappointed, dude.
#12jayman7Posted 5/7/2013 8:55:20 PM
Fairy isn't my favorite idea for a new type, though I warmed to it a bit after I realized that it could be a sort of counterpart to Ghost. But Normal - ugh. I really don't think we should get a Normal Eeveelution at this point, nor that when and if we do get one it looks like Sylveon.

However, those are not the only two options.

I see Bug as a very real possibility, but it has its detractors.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#13NekoHime64Posted 5/7/2013 8:59:46 PM
Dr Edward Roivas posted...
I think that every debate that could have been had has already been had.

And every possible new type that could be guessed, already guessed.

Derp type confirmed ^_^
---
FF IX was better than FFVII. THERE, I SAID IT!!!
Unofficial Sneasel of the Pokemon X board.
#14Renjiro7(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 2:35:42 PM
jayman7 posted...
Normal - ugh. I really don't think we should get a Normal Eeveelution at this point, nor that when and if we do get one it looks like Sylveon.
How do you want a Normal Eeveelution to look like? At first I thought it should still look like Eevee like a Buneary -> Lopunny usual evolution, but then again it's Eevee so it would actually make sense for it to evolve into something different like Sylveon while still keeping the Normal type.
#15LexifoxPosted 5/8/2013 2:36:20 PM
Flying.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#16BountyanPosted 5/8/2013 2:41:32 PM(edited)
Fairy. Sylveon is one of the most hyped Pokemon in the history of the franchise. I'll be surprised if its type isn't something big, contrasting to just being the exact same type as Eevee. Eeveelutions also make their type obvious with their names. Fairy is far from an obvious normal type, making only the minority of normals.

Also, there are other Pokemon with different types inspired by Fairies. This argument is almost equivalent to saying Umbreon should be normal type because one of its names is NOCTali, but NOCTowl is normal type, thus Umbreon must be normal type.

MagikarpRules posted...
slmcknett posted...
I'll just say, if it isn't a new type, I'll be very disappointed.

I have the feeling you'll be disappointed, dude.

That's funny.
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#17jayman7Posted 5/8/2013 2:56:37 PM(edited)
Renjiro7 posted...
jayman7 posted...
Normal - ugh. I really don't think we should get a Normal Eeveelution at this point, nor that when and if we do get one it looks like Sylveon.
How do you want a Normal Eeveelution to look like? At first I thought it should still look like Eevee like a Buneary -> Lopunny usual evolution, but then again it's Eevee so it would actually make sense for it to evolve into something different like Sylveon while still keeping the Normal type.

Honestly, my own feeling is "it's Eevee, it wouldn't make sense for it to evolve into anything while still keeping the Normal type."

I tend to say that it's the third-most-likely existing type, but that's only because I consider most of the existing types to be such long shots given what we know of Sylveon.

But anyway, it's perfectly possible this could get cleared up as early as this weekend... or maybe GameFreak will drag it out even further. >_>
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#18Renjiro7(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 3:23:53 PM
jayman7 posted...
Honestly, my own feeling is "it's Eevee, it wouldn't make sense for it to evolve into anything while still keeping the Normal type."
Me too. But IF it were to have a Normal evolution...
#19EnferolunosPosted 5/8/2013 3:29:37 PM
Female only
Female only
Female only
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#20EnferolunosPosted 5/8/2013 3:31:05 PM
jayman7 posted...
Renjiro7 posted...
jayman7 posted...

I don't understand this logic
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you