This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your reaction to these changes in Gen 6...

#1Purple_TaterPosted 5/7/2013 7:52:57 PM
Poison is now super effective against Normal and Fighting types

Steel is now super effective against Dragon and Grass types

New Grass move named "Thornbush" that functions the exact same way as Stealth Rocks (factoring in Grass resistances and weaknesses)

Can reset all defeated trainers in the game once you have beaten them all. Each reset increases their AI and pokemon levels, as well as trainer pokemon evolutions and moveset changes. Can reset up to four times. Trainers also carry more healing items and will use poison/burn/paralyze curing potions when needed. Can set the AI between 1 and 4 depending on how many times you've reset them.

Defeating pokemon while your HP is below 20% will increase EXP gain by 15% per pokemon defeated. Effect stacks until opponent runs out of usable pokemon.

Most fully evolved Flying type pokemon know Fly, most fully evolved Fighting type pokemon know Rock Smash and Strength, most fully evolved Water type pokemon know Surf, Dive & Whirlpool & most fully evolved Rock types know Rock Climb naturally and do not take up additional moveslots. You can still teach pokemon HM moves like Cut, but if the type doesn't naturally know the move, it will take up a moveslot.

Can create your own pokemon! Will be given the chance to create your own pokemon once the Elite 4 is defeated. ONE TIME ONLY! Cannot breed. Can customize its body parts and coloration, but its stats are generated randomly. It does not evolve. Stat total will not exceed 540. Can be dual typed, but will only have a 510 stat total. Starts at level 5. It can learn all TM's of its type/types and all Normal moves and move tutor moves of its type. Cannot be traded.

Poison effect now lowers Special Attack the same way Burn lowers Attack. Frozen pokemon have their Defenses halved until thawed.

Ice types have their Defense increased by 50% under the effects of Hail.

Can save money and items in the PC. Can automatically set PC to buy a certain number of items for you from an online store per day IF you have the funds to do it.

So, what would be your reaction to all of this if it were real?
---
Xbox Live GT- PurpleTater
#2Gsus_94Posted 5/7/2013 9:00:23 PM
The poison thing is ridiculous. At least burn does not increase damage every turn like toxic does.
---
Black FC: 4470 3989 3640
White 2 FC: 1979 7990 6311 (Use this one unless specified)
#3RingsOfUranusPosted 5/7/2013 10:28:15 PM
Why would a frozen Pokemon need its defenses halved until thawed? In what dimension is that a good idea? May as well just say "Instead of getting frozen, attacks that used to freeze now have the same chance of OHKO.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 1636-3783-8366
Ipsylos: Psyduck easily is the best representation of Christianity on Pokemon period.
#4Purple_Tater(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 8:00:56 AM
RingsOfUranus posted...
Why would a frozen Pokemon need its defenses halved until thawed? In what dimension is that a good idea? May as well just say "Instead of getting frozen, attacks that used to freeze now have the same chance of OHKO.

It can't move....its defenseless :S
---
#5shagohad3Posted 5/8/2013 8:05:55 AM
I like the poison is SE against fighting, it makes since, fighters can't fight well when poisoned.
---
PSN: shagohad12
I got a bucket full of my head, and i'm about to make it rain!
#6LexifoxPosted 5/8/2013 8:06:55 AM
Poison is now super effective against Normal and Fighting types

Kinda neutral to the first part, but the second part wouldn't make sense since Japan likes to think of healthy people as resistant to things like that.

Steel is now super effective against Dragon and Grass types

Neutral on the former, no to the second - Grass has enough weaknesses as is.

New Grass move named "Thornbush" that functions the exact same way as Stealth Rocks (factoring in Grass resistances and weaknesses)

Not a fan of typed entry hazards being added.

Can reset all defeated trainers in the game once you have beaten them all. Each reset increases their AI and pokemon levels, as well as trainer pokemon evolutions and moveset changes. Can reset up to four times. Trainers also carry more healing items and will use poison/burn/paralyze curing potions when needed. Can set the AI between 1 and 4 depending on how many times you've reset them.

Neutral on this idea and I would prefer a Black City/White Treehollow sort of place. Battling them individually would take too long and it seems easier to just VS Seeker things again.

Defeating pokemon while your HP is below 20% will increase EXP gain by 15% per pokemon defeated. Effect stacks until opponent runs out of usable pokemon.

Might make things easy, but I like to alleviate grinding.

Most fully evolved Flying type pokemon know Fly, most fully evolved Fighting type pokemon know Rock Smash and Strength, most fully evolved Water type pokemon know Surf, Dive & Whirlpool & most fully evolved Rock types know Rock Climb naturally and do not take up additional moveslots. You can still teach pokemon HM moves like Cut, but if the type doesn't naturally know the move, it will take up a moveslot.

Sounds good, provided this won't keep Water Pokemon from learning Surf or Waterfall and/or the "innate HM" slots can't be used in battle.

Can create your own pokemon! Will be given the chance to create your own pokemon once the Elite 4 is defeated. ONE TIME ONLY! Cannot breed. Can customize its body parts and coloration, but its stats are generated randomly. It does not evolve. Stat total will not exceed 540. Can be dual typed, but will only have a 510 stat total. Starts at level 5. It can learn all TM's of its type/types and all Normal moves and move tutor moves of its type. Cannot be traded.

Not a big fan of this.

Poison effect now lowers Special Attack the same way Burn lowers Attack. Frozen pokemon have their Defenses halved until thawed.

Not sure about Poison doing this, but a big no on Freeze getting a buff. It's strong enough as is.

Ice types have their Defense increased by 50% under the effects of Hail.

Reasonable.

Can save money and items in the PC. Can automatically set PC to buy a certain number of items for you from an online store per day IF you have the funds to do it.

I like this, provided it doesn't remove the infinite bag space we have now.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#7EnferolunosPosted 5/8/2013 8:07:12 AM
Purple_Tater posted...
RingsOfUranus posted...

It can't move....its defenseless :S

It's also encased in a protective layer of ice
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#8Thepenguinking2Posted 5/8/2013 8:22:56 AM
Don't give poison any benefits. leave it as the crappy type it is.
---
Deviantart: http://espio143.deviantart.com/
The Official Shiny Zangoose of the X/y Board!
#9IceDragon77Posted 5/8/2013 9:29:38 AM
If poison becomes super effective to anything, it should be water.
---
http://i.imgur.com/xWWX5xm.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/tMhFpCD.jpg Thanks Fellwolf and L4DHunter! <3
#10Purple_Tater(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 12:37:47 PM
IceDragon77 posted...
If poison becomes super effective to anything, it should be water.

Not a bad idea actually. Makes sense to me.
---