This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What tier would Charizard be w/o Stealth Rock?

#11iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 9:06:27 PM
Rad_Dudesman posted...
RU at best.

Rocks aren't his only problem.

Only other problem I can think of is the damage it sustains from Solar Power.

The only decent Fire-type with higher speed is Infernape, and while it's not bulky, 85 Sp. Def isn't anything to balk at.

It has fantastic coverage, and Solar Power eliminates the need for a Boosting move. It also has reliable recovery
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#12javel34Posted 5/7/2013 9:09:25 PM
Strain42 posted...
I honestly still have no idea what over half of these abbreviations mean. The only one I've figured out is OU apparently means Over Used?

Never used, rarely used, under used, border line (there maybe a borderline 2 I forget) over used, über

Little cup (for unevolved pokes)
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208
#13PK_GamingPosted 5/7/2013 9:16:42 PM
Probably UU or RU.

I saw probably for UU because I could see some good players using Sunny Day sets on Charizard. Sunny Day Charizard would dominate w/o Stealth Rock.
---
All it takes is constant progress, little by little. The same can be said for me, or anybody.
~Yu Narukami
#14Rad_DudesmanPosted 5/7/2013 9:19:10 PM
I honestly still have no idea what over half of these abbreviations mean. The only one I've figured out is OU apparently means Over Used?

OU = Overused
BL = Borderline
UU = Underused
BL2 = Borderline 2
RU = Rarelyused
BL3 - Borderline 3
NU = Neverused
#15LenneValkiryePosted 5/8/2013 2:02:02 AM
It wouldn't be OU because of Drizzle.
It wouldn't be UU because Moltres would likely be there.
It wouldn't be RU because it can't beat dedicated special walls such as Slowking.
The only logical answer: it would still be NU. Charizard is just bad.
---
"Murder is a worse crime than rape, both in real life and fiction."
#16MidniteZoruaPosted 5/8/2013 2:08:02 AM
RU, I'd say.
---
"This isn't the Ask Auntie Pandora Hour!" ~ Pandora, Kid Icarus: Uprising
Official Zorua of the Pokemon X / Y boards.
#17Torru369Posted 5/8/2013 2:17:45 AM
UU it's 100 speed and 109 special attack with a decent movepool. With solar power yeah UU.
#18RX02BansheePosted 5/8/2013 3:10:31 AM
lol, that wannabe Dragon wouldn't be rising past RU. People are forgetting that he's a crappy Moltres, which isn't worth using beyond UU.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
Current Location: In your nightmares with a knife and a gun and a chilling wail
#19iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 6:37:58 AM
RX02Banshee posted...
lol, that wannabe Dragon wouldn't be rising past RU. People are forgetting that he's a crappy Moltres, which isn't worth using beyond UU.

Your forgetting moltres would be in OU so it wouldn't matter.

You are also forgetting that Charizard has greater speed, is better in the sun, and has better coverage
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#20DarkDragon386Posted 5/8/2013 6:40:22 AM
And you claim you don't make fanboy Charizard topics anymore.
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)