This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are non-fans so selfish when it comes to Pokemon?

#21Arne83Posted 5/8/2013 9:43:41 AM
Twinmold posted...
Why are we still getting tile based movement? It's 2013 and we still won't have a real 3D Pokemon game.

What is the future like?
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
#22themagicpainmanPosted 5/8/2013 9:46:14 AM
This isn't exclusive to Pokemon. Any game series, hell any series of books, comics, movies, etc will have these kinds of people.
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#23CM_Ponch(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 10:52:04 AM
It's 2013 and we still won't have a real 3D Pokemon game.

10/10, rustles my jimmies every time.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibaA0poozfqtmX.gif
http://i.imgur.com/0Ccy1.png
#24GiftedACIIIPosted 5/8/2013 1:03:13 PM
Rad_Dudesman posted...
I laugh at people who don't realize that kids are still the majority of people who play these games and think Game Freak is supposed to cater to the minority of fans who have been playing since the beginning

This. Gamers in general have been very self-entitled these days and unrealistic in their belief that hardcore gamers are the majority consumers.
#25themagicpainmanPosted 5/8/2013 3:20:41 PM
GiftedACIII posted...
Rad_Dudesman posted...
I laugh at people who don't realize that kids are still the majority of people who play these games and think Game Freak is supposed to cater to the minority of fans who have been playing since the beginning

This. Gamers in general have been very self-entitled these days and unrealistic in their belief that hardcore gamers are the majority consumers.

And they ruin it for everyone because when legitimate complaints about stuff come up, people just get called "More entitled gamers".
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#26Davidk92Posted 5/8/2013 3:23:40 PM
GiftedACIII posted...
Rad_Dudesman posted...

I have been saying this for SO. ****ING. LONG. And do you know what I get?

"We're consumers, we have a right to complain!"

"Oh yeah, because the game developers are just making these out of the kindness of their hearts!"

"It's our money, we have a right not to give it to them if we're not happy!"

****ing spoilt little brats...
---
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can't do."
~Walter Bagehot
#27ClassyOldHatPosted 5/8/2013 3:57:58 PM
Davidk92 posted...

"We're consumers, we have a right to complain!"

"Oh yeah, because the game developers are just making these out of the kindness of their hearts!"

"It's our money, we have a right not to give it to them if we're not happy!"

I hate to be that guy, unless we're talking about piracy with the last quote, those are all actual rights which, in most countries, people are actually entitled to, in the legal sense of the word.

Free speech means people have a right to complain about anything, valid or not. And on the positive side, if people hadn't complained about some things, Platinum's speed would be as molasses-paced as DP's, and we would still be told that "The sun is shining" or "it is raining" at the end of EVERY turn in gen 5, and Psychic may well still be OP.

Yes, some devs make their games out of passion for the medium. But people have a right to refuse to buy their product regardless. People also have the right to reject gifts, if they like, and there can be legitimate reasons to do so. If you've been given a pet, but are so strapped for cash that you can't afford to get the license, feed it, house it, and get it shots, few people would say you were displaying "entitlement" if you returned it.

Again, consumers have a right to not buy something they don't think is worth the money. Just because you've bought one game in a series does not mean you are obligated to get the rest of the series, especially if you do not think you will like the other entries, or think you can get a better game for the same price, or lower.

For example, Super Mario Land 1 and 2 are both on the 3DS eShop for 4 USD. The first SML has 12 short levels with little creative design, choppy graphics (even by the lax standards of the original Game Boy), no new power ups, and wonky, inconsistent physics.

The Second Super Mario Land has 30 levels with interesting designs and a lot of secrets to explore for, very nice graphics by GB standards, A new Power Up in the Super Carrot, and consistent, natural-feeling physics.

Would you call me entitled for recommending SML 2 over SML1, or thinking that SML 2 is better use of my 4 dollars (I'd have even payed a bit more and not complained) than SML 1 (Which I think is worth two, maybe 3 dollars at most)?
#28Dark Young LinkPosted 5/8/2013 4:07:52 PM
ClassyOldHat gets it.
---
Nominate N for The Great GameFAQs Character Battle IX!
Sleep? F*** sleep, Toonami is on!!- GenesisSaga
#29PkmTrainerAbramPosted 5/8/2013 4:23:55 PM
If anyone wants a different Pokemon game, that's what the spin offs are for.

However, there's nothing wrong with expecting the series to grow(and it has)and improve itself. Saying the series shouldn't grow and appeal to every fan is like saying the Mario of Zelda games should not exceed the effort they put forth since the NES games just because most who buy it are kids. That logic is stupid.

If a game does not appeal to me, they don't get my money. That's the way it is. I don't spend all week our there working just to buy something that I'm not going to enjoy just because I'm a fan. I can't imagine any adult saying this, hell, I can't even imagine myself thinking this in middle school back in 94.

Pokemon Battle Revolution and Pokemon Ranch were the last straw. If I'm getting half assed on my games, I don't get them.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Platinum(493/493 now a 3 Star Trainer!), Pokemon HeartGold(JPN) run 470/493, Rocket Knight Adventures, and Comic Zone(Sega Genesis)
#30Solar_CrimsonPosted 5/8/2013 4:25:23 PM
Most non-fans have been spoiled by the anime, and also believe that turn-based games are archaic, so they want the game to basically become a real-time beat-em-up. I wouldn't mind that as a spinoff, but the main games should stay turn-based.

Oh, I think you know who... we all do. If not, just look down a little bit.

Considering what happened in this topic:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/66148379

He should give up that title.
---
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson - My Backloggery
The official Okuninushi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.