This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Boo, PO banned Tounadus T so now it's not usable in any competitive ruleset

#1RX02BansheePosted 5/7/2013 10:21:55 PM
Damn it, I was starting to enjoy sending out specs, and frankly I thought it wasn't that big of a deal. Sure it regains health on the switch, but that still means it takes 25% damamge from SR which means it can be revenged or forced out by the usual flying type counters. Sure it packs a punch, but its movepool is highly limited and you can easily stop all sets with the same checks and counters.

And finally, it hates sandstorm and especially sun teams. Like all POkemon reliant on weather if you remove said weather it stops being impressive and starts actually being somewhat of a hinderance.

I see it being banned as a sign of perma-weather being the actual broken thing. But of course neither Smogon nor Pokemon Online will ever have the balls to do anything about it. How many Pokemon have been banned because of those effects again? Lets see, Thunderus (sp), Excadrill, Garchomp before it had its second ability released. And lets not forget Smogon's "complex" ban of not allowing Swift Swim on drizzle teams.

Once again I see a ban of a side effect of a problem rather than the problem itself. Weather is out of order, and as long as they continue to allow it they will continue to have to have their ass's kicked by Pokemon who can abuse it. But of course like SR heaven forbid they ban the problem, no, they just want to ban the elements they don't want to abuse.

Oh well, as long as they allow this crap to continue I will continue to abuse it and laugh at their silly attitude. I won't complain about Deoxys-D getting the ban because that thing has always been broken and I am amazed it took them this long to ban something that can easily set up spikes and SR and bounce any attempts at stopping it right back.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
Current Location: In your nightmares with a knife and a gun and a chilling wail
#2kwando1313Posted 5/7/2013 10:26:11 PM
Showdown?
---
Mugiloko posted...
kwando is 100% right
#3RX02Banshee(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 10:28:16 PM
kwando1313 posted...
Showdown?

I'm pretty sure Smogon have had this banned for a while.
---
#4RX02Banshee(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 11:16:45 PM
Also, I would like to add that it seems to me that most of the recent bans are simply because "we can't deal with this Pokemon" rather than something that is overcentralising the game. Back in gen four there would be months at a time before even so much as suspect testing began on something, now? Now every second month we have a new couple of suspects. The only two things that could have changed to this degree is either the mentality or, more likely, the meta. And the meta has only changed the amount it has because of the weather war.
---
#5Jarred623Posted 5/7/2013 11:21:23 PM
inb4mugiloko
---
This account has been placed into Purgatory, a timed suspension from posting any further messages on GameFAQs. Twice.
#6PK_GamingPosted 5/7/2013 11:25:33 PM
RX02Banshee posted...
Also, I would like to add that it seems to me that most of the recent bans are simply because "we can't deal with this Pokemon" rather than something that is overcentralising the game. Back in gen four there would be months at a time before even so much as suspect testing began on something, now? Now every second month we have a new couple of suspects. The only two things that could have changed to this degree is either the mentality or, more likely, the meta. And the meta has only changed the amount it has because of the weather war.

gen 4 smogon banned pokemon that arguably weren't broken, like latias and wynaut.

suspect testing is much laxer now
---
All it takes is constant progress, little by little. The same can be said for me, or anybody.
~Yu Narukami
#7RX02Banshee(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 11:41:19 PM
PK_Gaming posted...
RX02Banshee posted...

gen 4 smogon banned pokemon that arguably weren't broken, like latias and wynaut.

Wynaut was a matter of principle because they couldn't enforce a ban on abilities though wasn't it?
---
#8VentanrexPosted 5/7/2013 11:45:13 PM
We could always just ban Perma-Weather. I'd much prefer that, really. -_-
---
A person is a person, no matter how small. -Horton
Still a Safe Haven Knight.
#9fleetfoxsPosted 5/8/2013 12:30:04 AM
PK_Gaming posted...
RX02Banshee posted...

i agree, the suspect testing process has become kind of a joke
---
Hardcore.
#10PK_GamingPosted 5/8/2013 12:30:05 AM
RX02Banshee posted...
PK_Gaming posted...
RX02Banshee posted...

Wynaut was a matter of principle because they couldn't enforce a ban on abilities though wasn't it?

No.

It was a theoryban since they didn't want / have the time to actually test it, especially back when the thought of allowing Shadow Tag into standard terrified players. Any player worth their salt knew that Wynaut was completely worthless in practice.
---
All it takes is constant progress, little by little. The same can be said for me, or anybody.
~Yu Narukami