This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Boo, PO banned Tounadus T so now it's not usable in any competitive ruleset

#11RX02Banshee(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 11:33:27 PM
People worried about Shadow Tag because moves like Encore were actually good back in gen four. It is no longer a good move with its reduced time, and the only other Pokemon with Shadow Tag isn't all that great.

If people were scared of the ability solely on its own merit they would have also been terrified of Dugtrio with its Arena Trap.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
Current Location: In your nightmares with a knife and a gun and a chilling wail
#12LenneValkiryePosted 5/8/2013 1:11:35 AM
So PO ended up banning Deoxys-D and Tornadus-T because Smogon did after weeks they would deny it.
Lol, that simulator is a complete joke now.
---
"Murder is a worse crime than rape, both in real life and fiction."
#13KeeperOfShadowsPosted 5/8/2013 1:36:25 AM(edited)
LenneValkirye posted...
So PO ended up banning Deoxys-D and Tornadus-T because Smogon did after weeks they would deny it.

Why is that?

Also, Tornadus-T and Deoxys-D are only banned in regular OU at the moment. They are still usable in No Preview OU.
---
A voice of reason, in a chaotic realm.
You're too angry... calm down... and let the madness take hold. - Arne83
#14RX02Banshee(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 2:08:15 AM
LenneValkirye posted...

Careful there, your arrogance against PO in favour of Smogon is showing. One of those bans was overdue anyway (I was seriously getting sick of Deoxys-D and how it could set up all hazards without really being stoppable) and the other if you insist on allowing perma-rain was necessary (really a knock against keeping perma weathers tho. Remove them and Tornadus-T is actually absolute s***).

Both places have their pros and cons. And frankly Smogon's server is where you'll find more casual noobs now that they've gone browser based.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
Current Location: In your nightmares with a knife and a gun and a chilling wail
#15BrayWyattPosted 5/8/2013 2:33:15 AM
Deoxys-D was so uncommon it never bothered me that much anyway. Spin after it's gone or run magic bounce if you really want(ed) to prepare for such a rare thing.

Tornadus-T though felt like it was on 1/3 of rain teams and felt like such a cheap sweeper. Overall this just feels like another "lolcopysmogon" bannings.
---
Believe in Bray Wyatt
#16RTC3Posted 5/8/2013 6:50:03 AM
hahaha keep trying PO but you'll never sniff smogon
---
<3 *Yao Ming* <3http://i.imgur.com/ulNUN.png<3 *Yao Ming* <3
lakers. till i die. #kbovermj
#17PK_GamingPosted 5/8/2013 10:22:43 AM
RX02Banshee posted...
People worried about Shadow Tag because moves like Encore were actually good back in gen four. It is no longer a good move with its reduced time, and the only other Pokemon with Shadow Tag isn't all that great.

If people were scared of the ability solely on its own merit they would have also been terrified of Dugtrio with its Arena Trap.

Well arena trap isn't all that comparable to Shadow Tag(+encore) for obvious reasons.

Trust me man, Wynaut was snubbed lol.
---
All it takes is constant progress, little by little. The same can be said for me, or anybody.
~Yu Narukami
#18GiftedACIIIPosted 5/8/2013 1:06:52 PM(edited)
Took them long enough.

Also, lol any competitive ruleset? You just mean OU. There's this place called Ubers people where people can use their beloved olympus mons. It'd be what the metagame would be without tiers anyways.
#19Monferno_AQWPosted 5/8/2013 1:14:00 PM
GiftedACIII posted...
Took them long enough.

Also, lol any competitive ruleset? You just mean OU. There's this place called Ubers people where people can use their beloved olympus mons. It'd be what the metagame would be without tiers anyways.

This.
---
I only play in Ubers
R~married to Shauntal and Lorelei/Prima