This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Changes to already established game elements you'd like to see.

#1Darkfire_31Posted 5/8/2013 1:49:15 AM
What changes would you guys like to see in already established elements, I don't mean new things like New Pokemon, New Abilities, New Types, or New moves but what old moves, abilities, moveset or game mechanic (eg: sandstorm boost rock type defense by 50%) do you want to see changes to or the ones that you think need them.

Here's my list

Abilities:
Oblivious
should prevent moves like taunt, encore, torment as well as Attract. If they can upgrade the mental Herb to do that why can't they fix oblivious as well?

Anticipation
Should be the same except make the move that triggers the ability 1X effective

Forewarn
(See Anticipation)

Big Pecks
Should apply to both defense stats.

Damp
It should keep its current effect and increase Special Attack 1 stage in a Rainy weather and Decrease Special Attack in Sunny weather.

Frisk
Should also grant immunity from damage inducing items on the frisked Pokemon. For example a Furret frisked a pokemon with a Rocky Helmet, Furret shouldn't get hurt when it attacks.

Heatproof
Should Stay the same but grant full immunity to all effects of the burned status. No damage or Attack drop when burned.

Hyper Cutter
Should apply to both attack stats

Illuminate
Should also ignore increases to foes evasion.

Heavy/light Metal
Damage from ground type moves should be Halved. While this seems odd my logic is that one is too heavy to move the other makes Pokemon light enough to not be as affected.

Magma Armor,
should also Increase Both Defense stats 1 stage when hit by a fire type move but not grant immunity from damage.

Magnet Pull
Should keep its effect but automatically drags out a steel type Pokemon when your opponent switches pokemon (if they have one)

Normalize
Should keep it's effect of making all moves normal and increase the power of Normal moves by 1.3 . So Zen headbutt would keep a 80 power but strength would increase to 104. It makes Delcatty a lot less worthless.

Tangled Feet
Should increase by three stages while confused instead of just 1 stage.

Water Veil
(See Damp)

Moves:

Needle Arm
Should get a power increase or an additional effect like Rock Tomb, Something as little as a 10-20% chance of lowering opponents evasion or a 10% chance of badly poisoning as well as the 30% flinch chance would make it a move worth using.

Poison Tail
Should get a power increase. It has a high critical hit ratio and a 10% chance of poison with 10 more power it would be worth using.

Rock Tomb
I like that it has a 100% speed drop and a 10% flinch chance but 50 power and 80 accuracy is pathetic. Rock Throw is the same power and more accurate a 60 power would be enough to make it useful move.

There are more but I decided to focus on abilities rather than moves but there are plenty more moves and other game mechanics that could be changed for the better without too much trouble. So lets see what you got or tell me what you think of my changes.
---
I miss content unlocked through effort, not money.
#2jEr3mYPosted 5/8/2013 1:52:50 AM
Poison being SE against Steel and Water, rust and pollution respectively.
---
Non-Specific Action Figure has to be in the next Super Smash Bros game. If you agree, send me a message. Number of people who agree: 17 - updated 22 March 2013
#3HomeRowedPosted 5/8/2013 1:57:38 AM
Get rid of IVs.
---
NO MORE FUNERAL CAKE UNTIL I CAN BE A GOOD GIRL
do you wanna die or just come real close?
#4KitschgardenerPosted 5/8/2013 2:39:12 AM
-Wild Pokémon don't have IV values between 4-27.
-Maybe Poison's field effect coming back, but something other than warping your screen. If Doctors and Nurses come back, definitely.
-Illuminate as an always-on Flash.
-Stall makes the Pokémon always go first in TR.
#5BountyanPosted 5/8/2013 2:58:58 AM
IVs don't affect stats or are completely ridden of altogether and HP is calculated some other way.
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#6XxWontonxXPosted 5/8/2013 3:21:14 AM
HomeRowed posted...
Get rid of IVs.

---
Palutena, Micaiah, Shulk, Chrom, Lucina, Female Pokemon Trainer, Roy, Ashley, Mona, and Mega Man for SSB4.