This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Coolest rumors you heard in the past about things that could happen in-game.

#1kaliskonigPosted 5/8/2013 5:16:49 AM
What were some of the best rumors you heard concerning things that could happen in the old pokemon games when you were younger?

I remember in the gs generation my brother said if you released a pokemon into the wild you could potentially re-encounter that pokemon in the areas surrounding the town you released it in. if you caught it again it would have increased stats but disobey you until you managed to max your friendship.

I thought that was cool and wanted a super strong tyranitar so i took his word and released mine . Always thought it was a cool idea though.
#2TIGERJACKS0N-Posted 5/8/2013 5:21:05 AM
lol

I remember one time in gold version my brother told me team rocket stole my croconaw and beat up, which is how it evolved into my then-new feraligatr.
---
Everyday the sun comes up around her, she can make the birds, sing harmony!
http://i.imgur.com/VBsWOu2.png <3 Ain't no woman like the one i got..
#3ZekoPosted 5/8/2013 7:25:33 AM
I have a whole list....

Pikablu was behind Bill's house
Togepi was behind Bill's house
Mew was under the truck
Trade a Raichu 100 times and it evolves into Pikablu

well...maybe not a whole list, but I did all those things and not one Pikablu, Mew, or Togepi was seen. Oh my childhood.
---
AC:CF: Name: Nazario Town: Caelum 2922-4047-0709
#4shagohad3Posted 5/8/2013 7:27:44 AM
That if you talk to the rocket scientist in Emerald after a 100 launches, you'd go up in the next one and have a choice between catching, Deoxys, Mewtwo or Mew. Never really believed that one.
---
PSN: shagohad12
I got a bucket full of my head, and i'm about to make it rain!
#5EnferolunosPosted 5/8/2013 7:31:23 AM
I was told every other Saturday after you started gold or silver, Celebi would appear in the grass outside mount silver
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#6Arne83Posted 5/8/2013 7:58:46 AM
In the gen 2... if you beat the Elite Four 50 times, Lance would give a special item that let you visit the Orange Islands.

I thought it was cool at the time.
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
#7gren-aidPosted 5/8/2013 10:12:35 AM
In RSE, using Cut on long grass would make Absol more likely to appear.
---
'When thou enterest into Oblivion, Oblivion entereth into thee.' -- Nai Tyrol-Llar
#8KaizukezuPosted 5/9/2013 9:49:08 PM
When my brother and I first got our copies of Red and Blue, we thought there was only a limited number of times that you could see certain Pokemon in each patch of grass. The rarity of certain Pokemon being randomly encountered is what made us think this, and if we didn't see a certain Pokemon after a handful of encounters in the patch of grass, we thought that we lost our chance to catch it.

Kinda silly, but Red was really my very first RPG, and I didn't quite understand the concept of random battles.
#9EnferolunosPosted 5/9/2013 9:52:36 PM
Arne83 posted...
In the gen 2... if you beat the Elite Four 50 times, Lance would give a special item that let you visit the Orange Islands.

I thought it was cool at the time.

Now that you mention it, I heard that if you beat the elite 4 100 times on RSE, you got a stronger version of cut that let you cut anything
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#10TIGERJACKS0N-Posted 5/9/2013 10:08:04 PM
This is why the internet ruined gaming imo.. back then, these over the top rumors about, "do this 100000 times then you get some super secret/super power", now all you have to do is google it to see if it's true :(
---
Everyday the sun comes up around her, she can make the birds, sing harmony!
http://i.imgur.com/VBsWOu2.png <3 Ain't no woman like the one i got..