This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Coolest rumors you heard in the past about things that could happen in-game.

#11Firemaster5Posted 5/9/2013 9:29:02 PM
Being able to see some metadata of new or incomplete Pokémon that were scrapped but left in the game or to hint at the newer ones such as seeing something based off of a wolf in Bill's Garden as well as reaching the Orange Islands.
Doing a combination of things in Solaceon outside the shrine (like hitting the badge notes in a certain sequence) to get Celebi to appear.
Walking and biking a certain way to get to Darkrai and Arceus via a Glitch in Diamond and Pearl via "tweaking" (no action replay).
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pokemon+diamond+glitches+without+action+replay&oq=Pokemon+Diamond+gli&gs_l=youtube.1.0.0l3.23944.36204.0.39311.23.18.2.1.1.0.1066.8442.1j5j3j0j1j3j4j1.18.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.PRrUQWDpdJo
Direct: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRKPj4tcybE
It can cause a player to get stuck or mess up the file, though.

Sometimes, it's not just internet rumors but hearsay from friends.
---
AND NOW IT IS YOUR CONFUSION THAT SHALL BE THE ARK THAT SUSTAINS MEH!!!!!!! Random_Ghost to Tgirl
#12CucumberflantPosted 5/9/2013 9:35:18 PM
When gen 3 was new, one of my friends told me that if you used dig in slateport city after opening the regis' hiding places (but before catching them), they'd come out and start attacking the city and you could play as your pokemon and fight them. Sorta like Mystery Dungeon style.

Same friend also told me that using dive where Rayquaza sat would drop you through the middle of the tower, letting you encounter starter pokemon that were higher than level 100.

I tried so hard :(
---
"It's like there's a secret society of TF2 players who swear to only play Spy and Sniper on pubs, and they have all taken a vow of silence. -Emporer_Kazbar
#13Rat_a_tatPosted 5/9/2013 9:56:46 PM
The PokeGods were one of the biggest ones back during the tail end of Gen I.

A bunch of them were created on fakemon sites like Pokemon Factory and passed off as real. Some were said to exist in Red and Blue, while others were upcoming mons for Gold and Silver (Doomsay and Doomsday) and were supposed to be freakishly powerful.

Back in the early days of the internet, there was simply no way to substantiate any of this info - Youtube and social media didn't exist, search engines sucked, forums were scattered and disorganized, and most people in the western Pokemon circles were little kids who couldn't read Japanese and you couldn't even find one that could if you wanted to most of the time. You just kinda took it at face value because it seemed plausible, and if stuff like Missingno could exist, what else were the games hiding?

As the "official" Pokegod list made its way around the net, more and more stuff got added to it. Some of them were even evolutions of existing mons who had ascended to crazy-powerful status (Raticlaw, Nidogod/Nidogoddess, Flareth (who used a Ridley sprite from Super Metroid for some bizarre reason)). Even "Pikablu" was a PokeGod at one point.

RageCandyBar has a huge write-up on the whole thing:
http://www.blue-reflections.net/ragecandybar/projects/pokegods/
---
"Official" furry liaison to GameFAQs.
#14fleetfoxsPosted 5/9/2013 10:09:36 PM
Mew under the truck by the SS Anne
Missingno was a "virus" (subjective, more of a glitch)
You could catch the "ghost" in Lavender (before it was revealed as a Marowak)
Various "Pikablu" and Togepi unlock methods involving arbitrary tasks
---
Hardcore.
#15Lan915Posted 5/9/2013 10:22:29 PM(edited)
In pokemon gold and silver, if you have a gbc adapter or w/e it was called, you can join Team Rocket, get a motorcycle, and that gives you the ability to catch other people's pokemon.

Also, if you have a gbc adapter or w/e it was called, you can catch Celebi inside that shrine in the Ilex Forest, but you have to do it quick or else it will die.
---
"I lost but breakfast was fantastic" - Rutledge Wood
#16UnesdalaPosted 5/9/2013 10:26:59 PM
Back in Gen 1 one of my friends told me if you beat the E4 10 times in a row, they'd take you back past where you register your pokemon and give you a choice between 3 poke that were like Missing No but would corrupt your game and gameboy.
#17fleetfoxsPosted 5/9/2013 10:36:25 PM
Rat_a_tat posted...

RageCandyBar has a huge write-up on the whole thing:
http://www.blue-reflections.net/ragecandybar/projects/pokegods/

really cool reading. i was feeling nostalgic, thanks for that.
---
Hardcore.
#18Firemaster5Posted 5/9/2013 11:57:03 PM
Mew under the truck by the SS Anne

That was actually in Red and Blue, though maybe differently.
Cheat devices were around then to obtain it in-game then also, though...

-Being able to get the other/unchosen starter post-E-Four or by achieving something similar
---
Yeah get used to it. If you've got a problem with Mickey Mouse you're in the wrong series.~Drizzy_Drizake