This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I feel like I'm the only 20+yo that remembers how cool lance was.

#1furialinkPosted 5/8/2013 8:53:56 AM
the first time i battle him was in pokemon red in my gameboy , and remember that when i saw him i tougth wow this guy is dangerous he has a cape , and them he hyper beam my whole team i didnt care much about weakneses in that time so his battle was extra dificult , and i remember when i defeated him i was so happy and them the figth with blue was so easy that i tougth the other guy should be the champ.

how was your first experience with lance ?
#2SlimeStackPosted 5/8/2013 8:57:59 AM
I forgot all about him once I discovered Blue was the champion.

In GSC I was just disappointed that the champion wasn't someone new or Red. But then I found Red on Mt. Silver and forgot all about Lance again.

Though TBH most of the Elite 4s suffer from this issue. They just aren't that memorable for me.
---
Moo
#3LexifoxPosted 5/8/2013 8:58:42 AM
My first experience was being impressed by him using these incredibly powerful and rare Pokemon, including these "Dragonair" and "Dragonite" Pokemon that I had no idea existed. I also came to decide that i should probably not expect to power through future games with a fully evolved starter running off of 100% crit Razor Leaf.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#4pkmnpkmnPosted 5/8/2013 9:03:41 AM
At least RBY lance had a lgit level 60 dragonite.
---
The Offical Groudon Oof the POkemon Black and White 2 Boards.
#5DarkDragon386Posted 5/8/2013 9:23:18 AM
Lance was not a "Dragon Master." He is a liar and a fraud.

Seriously, I remember someone one either this board or B2 board making a four paragraph topic ranting on how Lance was a fraud.
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#6LexifoxPosted 5/8/2013 9:24:23 AM
pkmnpkmn posted...

Legit Dragonite can't learn Barrier.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#7furialink(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 9:27:37 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#8MajorHoppyPosted 5/8/2013 2:14:39 PM
I will be twenty in a few months so I feel that I can join in on this thread.
The first Pokemon game I played was Pokemon Yellow and I was greatly intimidated by Lance and even when I played through Crystal I always had a soft spot for the Dragon Master. I really like his design too. He looks incredible with his red hair and his massive cape.
---
I just cant sit any other way than this. If I sit the way other people do, my reasoning ability drops by 40%.
#9pokemonfreak97Posted 5/8/2013 2:28:07 PM
Lexifox posted...
pkmnpkmn posted...

Legit Dragonite can't learn Barrier.

Yeah, RBY Lance was a hacker as much as his future GSC self.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#10HomeRowedPosted 5/8/2013 2:30:54 PM
I don't remember Lance ever being very cool.
---
NO MORE FUNERAL CAKE UNTIL I CAN BE A GOOD GIRL
do you wanna die or just come real close?