This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rate the Ability: Echolocation

#1DuncanwiiPosted 5/8/2013 10:55:58 AM
Effect: As long as the Pokémon that has this ability is in battle, every turn it's accuracy will be raised by 1 stage. In addition when it's sent out into battle, the opponent's positive evasion modifiers will be reduced to 0 and any attempts to raise evasion will be blocked. (this really won't help in competitive what with evasion boosting being banned, but maybe it will help un-ban it.)

Who gets it? Zubat line, Woobat line, Wailmer line, Chimecho line, Sandshrew Line, Any future dolphin Pokémon.
---
I'm not sure, I'm afraid we'll need to use...math!-Futurama.
Doh, I missed!-Wario
#2roxbury1990Posted 5/8/2013 11:15:23 AM
Kinda cool, pretty original. Id like it if the zubat line had gunk shot. just cause ha
---
White FC: 2581 1588 9644 // wii code = 1308 9776 3256 7038 // 3DS FC: 4527-7258-1744 // GamerTag: Loftice
#3Xavier_On_HighPosted 5/8/2013 11:17:41 AM
4/10. Decent if the Pokemon doesn't have any better options.

Wailord would appreciate having an accurate Hydro Pump and Blizzard, and Sandslash would like the accuracy boost for Stone Edge.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltnafhjcUz1qmxswbo1_500.gif
#4White_QueenPosted 5/8/2013 11:48:21 AM
Should things like Uproar, Hyper Voice, Screech, Howl, etc. all mess up the ability and reset the accuracy back to original?
#5Duncanwii(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 12:59:17 PM(edited)
For anyone who was wondering why Sandshrew and Sandslash gets it, it's because some species of Shrew can use echolocation. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_echolocation#Shrews_and_tenrecs
---
I'm not sure, I'm afraid we'll need to use...math!-Futurama.
Doh, I missed!-Wario
#6LexifoxPosted 5/8/2013 12:50:39 PM
Sandshrew/slash aren't based on shrews. They're based on the armadillo and pangolin.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#7CharizardFirePosted 5/8/2013 1:49:39 PM
Sandshrew/slash aren't based on shrews. They're based on the armadillo and pangolin.

This.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#8BlazingRainPosted 5/8/2013 2:03:46 PM
I like it.

It's an interesting alternative to No Guard since it wont negate your own evasion, although it takes some time to set up.

It could also work as a counter to evasion spamming.
---
La Illaha Illa Allah, Muhammad Rasul Allah
#9NekoHime64Posted 5/8/2013 3:16:59 PM
Duncanwii posted...
Effect: As long as the Pokémon that has this ability is in battle, every turn it's accuracy will be raised by 1 stage. In addition when it's sent out into battle, the opponent's positive evasion modifiers will be reduced to 0 and any attempts to raise evasion will be blocked. (this really won't help in competitive what with evasion boosting being banned, but maybe it will help un-ban it.)

Who gets it? Zubat line, Woobat line, Wailmer line, Chimecho line, Sandshrew Line, Any future dolphin Pokémon.

Maybe it could negate/raise accuracy with moves such as smoke screen?
---
FF IX was better than FFVII. THERE, I SAID IT!!!
Unofficial Sneasel of the Pokemon X board.
#10WindyligthPosted 5/8/2013 4:04:38 PM
Xavier_On_High posted...
4/10. Decent if the Pokemon doesn't have any better options.

Wailord would appreciate having an accurate Hydro Pump and Blizzard, and Sandslash would like the accuracy boost for Stone Edge.

>4/10
>Decent
---
I am here to promote the discussion and appreciation of Fennekin.