This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Stackable Status Ailments?

#1george15gamerPosted 5/8/2013 12:35:01 PM
How good/bad of an idea would this be if they decided to implement it into the game?
---
"I commend your courage, but I will show you no mercy."
PSN: BackstabberX XBL: RevengefulX
#2el_tercer_poderPosted 5/8/2013 12:37:16 PM
We can already stack volatile status ailments.

Now, if you mean actual *non*-volatile ones...it'd be WAY broken (imagine a Pokemon being Paralyzed + Burned + Asleep).
---
"Many of you feel bad for this lamp...That is because you're crazy.
It has no feelings! And the new one is much better." (IKEA's Lamp commercial)
#3george15gamer(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 12:43:55 PM
el_tercer_poder posted...
We can already stack volatile status ailments.

Now, if you mean actual *non*-volatile ones...it'd be WAY broken (imagine a Pokemon being Paralyzed + Burned + Asleep).
Yeah, that's what I was referring to.
---
"I commend your courage, but I will show you no mercy."
PSN: BackstabberX XBL: RevengefulX
#4MajorHoppyPosted 5/8/2013 1:41:33 PM
First of all, it would be broken as hell. Not to mention that it would be really easy to take advantage of. Imagine if a trainer had a team based on inflicting status aliments. That team would be incredibly powerful regardless of that trainer's opponent. Pokemon that have abilities that inflict status aliments would also instantly be more powerful.
Also, imagine a Pokemon that has been paralyzed, burned, been afflicted with poison, put to sleep, and frozen. Also, take into account that in competitive matches you can't use items to heal your Pokemon. Now do you see why I don't think that this would be a good idea?
---
I just cant sit any other way than this. If I sit the way other people do, my reasoning ability drops by 40%.
#5Dr Edward RoivasPosted 5/8/2013 2:01:07 PM
When you're paralyzed, you can't be put to sleep. When you're poisoned, you can't get a burn. Ridiculous, yes, but that's how RPG-based games are.
---
Tie it on, in your mind. It's your Noctourniquet.
#6el_tercer_poderPosted 5/8/2013 5:16:32 PM
Dr Edward Roivas posted...
When you're paralyzed, you can't be put to sleep. When you're poisoned, you can't get a burn. Ridiculous, yes, but that's how RPG-based games are.

Some RPGs allow stackable status ailments (the Final Fantasy-series comes to mind, thanks to the skill Bad Breath).

But for Pokemon, it'd be incredibly broken.
---
"Many of you feel bad for this lamp...That is because you're crazy.
It has no feelings! And the new one is much better." (IKEA's Lamp commercial)
#7EnferolunosPosted 5/8/2013 5:50:56 PM
Dr Edward Roivas posted...

Ever played patapon? You can burn, freeze, stun, and poison enemies simultaneously, including bosses
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#8pokemonfreak97Posted 5/8/2013 5:55:33 PM
See, Pokémon status ailments are designed to be crippling on their own. A Toxic Poison + Burn + Paralyze + Sleep Pokémon is out for 1-3 turns, plus has a 50% chance to do nothing and a halved Attack and Speed. Add in infatuation and you have 1-3 free turns, plus only a 25% chance to do something, with perma-Regigigas effect when you do manage it.(It also takes ((2^x)+2)/16 damage on turn X)
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4