This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

i never really understood the "rival" concept

#11LexifoxPosted 5/8/2013 4:11:41 PM
N is trying to become the Champion, like you, and he makes it clear several times that he considers you his ultimate challenge and rival due to his perception that you are the new oher hero from the story.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#12WindyligthPosted 5/8/2013 4:12:51 PM
Strain42 posted...
I don't consider N to be a rival anymore than I consider Giovanni to be a rival back in Gen 1.

But I don't necessarily think your rival just has to be the person with the starter strong against yours. For one that would eliminate "Gary" from Yellow as a Rival, and I also consider Bianca and Wally to be Rivals.

I was really disappointed by May/Brendan as a Rival though. I get that they ultimately decided they didn't want to be a Pokemon trainer, but they could have given us at least one fight where they had the final form of their starter.

N wasn't a bad guy though.
---
I am here to promote the discussion and appreciation of Fennekin.
#13WiiareVenomPosted 5/8/2013 7:33:54 PM
Windyligth posted...
Strain42 posted...
I don't consider N to be a rival anymore than I consider Giovanni to be a rival back in Gen 1.

But I don't necessarily think your rival just has to be the person with the starter strong against yours. For one that would eliminate "Gary" from Yellow as a Rival, and I also consider Bianca and Wally to be Rivals.

I was really disappointed by May/Brendan as a Rival though. I get that they ultimately decided they didn't want to be a Pokemon trainer, but they could have given us at least one fight where they had the final form of their starter.

N wasn't a bad guy though.

Thats arguable. He wasn't trying to be bad, but that doesn't mean he was not a bad guy . Conquerors usually are not good guys.
---
Join our bearded nation , our bearded population, our bearded operation. Its not an invitation, it is an expectation.