This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your reaction: This turns out to be true (related to Fairy-type)

#31Strain42Posted 5/8/2013 9:30:59 PM
This may sound like an insult to GameFreak, but all that type stuff just sounds like the wet dreams of a competitive player rather than something GameFreak would decide to actually put in.

Remember, if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
#32MagikarpRulesPosted 5/8/2013 9:34:16 PM
I agree with Strain. People seem to forget that Game Freak doesn't really focus on the competitive aspect of the game. The competitive community may be somewhat acknowledged, but it's not the primary audience.
#33reaverzPosted 5/9/2013 12:01:30 AM
It's important to note that GameFreak admitted to adding the Steel- and Dark-type to counter the "dominating" Psychic-type back in Gen II, so there's already precedent for a new type to be introduced specifically to balance out types that GameFreak may have just now deemed overpowered.

That being said, I still don't believe this. It would really surprise me if it's real.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#34JagusPosted 5/9/2013 12:11:50 AM
How does that typing sound like a competitive player's wet dream? It's utter crap. Immunity to Dark, which no one uses as an offensive type? Resisted by Water, which already resists everything? The only good thing about this typing is Dragon immunity. It's utterly boring.
---
No, marriage is about love. It fails because people think love can be reduced to a feeling. - On the Edge
#35LightningHawk90Posted 5/9/2013 12:21:25 AM
reaverz posted...
Signs point to Coro Coro mainly focusing on the new peripheral-dependent 3DS game. If this is fake, they really should have posted it sooner...

Are you ****ing kidding me?

Another month we're getting screwed out of info?

Can't they just idk, give us information on the game we already know about instead of trying to pump out their likely failure of a game? >_>
---
Hi. I'm RageKaiser. I'm here to ruin your unfunny topics.
#36jEr3mYPosted 5/9/2013 12:47:59 AM
Clefairy, Togepi, Jigglypuff, Audino, Chansey, Skitty, and Dunsparce are shown with their "Normal" Type changed to Yosei Type.

So they get the "Yosei" type yet their evolutions don't??? That makes total sense....

I'm calling FAKE!!!
---
Non-Specific Action Figure has to be in the next Super Smash Bros game. If you agree, send me a message. Number of people who agree: 17 - updated 22 March 2013
#37RingsOfUranusPosted 5/9/2013 12:54:26 AM
Rad_Dudesman posted...
this was posted on /vp/

I can confirm that this month's CoroCoro has a feature on the long-rumored Fairy-type, although the Japanese name of the Type is "Yosei", so I am uncertain if this means that Hiro was necessarily correct.

Sylveon is a pure-Yosei Type Pokemon, and is known as the Maryoku Pokemon, "Magical Charm". The attack shown in the trailers for the Mini-Movie is called Mirakuru Hou, "Miracle Cannon", and is said to heal the opposing Pokemon, yet greatly reduces their Attack and Special Attack.

Clefairy, Togepi, Jigglypuff, Audino, Chansey, Skitty, and Dunsparce are shown with their "Normal" Type changed to Yosei Type. The magazine mentions that a recent event in the Pokemon World has awakened a long-ago sealed power, explaining the Type Change. More Pokemon are said to awaken to this power, hinting at additional Type changes.

A Type Chart is shown displaying how Yosei Matches Up.
- Yosei is immune to Dark and Dragon
- Yosei is weak to Psychic, Poison, Bug, and Ghost
- Yosei resists Fire, Water, Ground, and Flying.
- No Type is weak to Yosei.
- Fire, Water, Ground, and Flying resist Yosei.
- No Type is immune to Yosei.

Sounds really fake, but the bolded would make me a very happy man.

I just can't believe the bold. Everything else I can buy, but that I just don't see.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 1636-3783-8366
Ipsylos: Psyduck easily is the best representation of Christianity on Pokemon period.
#38AltmadragonPosted 5/9/2013 1:39:11 AM
Oh no... A rumor I hope to be true.... What have I become.... NOOOOOOOOOOOO
---
Ha! Made you read.
#39LandscapeManXPosted 5/9/2013 2:51:23 AM
jEr3mY posted...
Clefairy, Togepi, Jigglypuff, Audino, Chansey, Skitty, and Dunsparce are shown with their "Normal" Type changed to Yosei Type.

So they get the "Yosei" type yet their evolutions don't??? That makes total sense....

I'm calling FAKE!!!

obviously their evolutions too . . .
no need to fill a whole page with pokemon names,

What i'm thinking about.
If this Yosei stuff is true, than maybe Dunsparce may finally get an evolution. yaayyyy.
---
Official Great Toad Sage of this board.
#40Balamb00Posted 5/9/2013 4:47:20 AM(edited)
Major break down of a Magical Charm and/or Fairy type

- Yosei is immune to Dark and Dragon

This makes complete sense. A Fairy like Pokémon (White Magic) would resist darkness and evil. Dragons are sometimes referred to as evil creatures. <<<< Sometimes.

- Yosei is weak to Psychic, Poison, Bug, and Ghost

I have no break down of this but it does buff poison I guess.

- Yosei resists Fire, Water, Ground, and Flying.

Fairy Type Pokémon (White Magic) resist the elements due to healing abilities and in turn nourishes the life force of the four elements of Wind/Water/Earth/Fire

- No Type is weak to Yosei.

(White Magic) is not used to inflict damage.

- Fire, Water, Ground, and Flying resist Yosei.

The Fairy type provides life to these elements. Best speculation. I believe it makes sense.

- No Type is immune to Yosei

Nothing!!!

This makes a lot of sense to me. And while it was a quick breakdown I believe this to be true. Otherwise, someone got my hopes really high and are some crafty ******.

EDIT- By the way, I apologize that my breakdown suffers from substantial facts and looks rushed. It was. I'm running on lack of sleep and stumbled across this. This is very well put together and balances the type chart greatly. I was excited.